Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2013, 11:02   #16
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 861
Thanked: 620 Times
Default Re: Swift Vdi oil change - DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistwrist View Post
We would also require the T45 bit tool to drain oil from engine.
I have not used this. Could you share some details on where in the car this would be used?

Drive on,
Shibu.

Last edited by shibujp : 20th February 2013 at 11:10.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th July 2013, 01:08   #17
BHPian
 
twistwrist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Swift Vdi oil change - DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I have not used this. Could you share some details on where in the car this would be used?

Drive on,
Shibu.
That tool is used to remove the drain plug. It can be operated using a socket wrench. The service centers use the same tool to drain oil.
twistwrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2013, 23:39   #18
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 861
Thanked: 620 Times
Default Re: Swift Vdi oil change - DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistwrist View Post
That tool is used to remove the drain plug. It can be operated using a socket wrench. The service centers use the same tool to drain oil.
This must be for the new generation Swifts. For my Swift (2008 model) this would not work. The sump nut is removed using a size 17 box spanner. I guess this is a torx type tool.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2014, 21:42   #19
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,622
Thanked: 6,144 Times
Default Re: Swift Vdi oil change - DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
This must be for the new generation Swifts.
That isn't the case either. I changed oil on my new gen Swift at home and the drain bolt is a standard 17mm box.

Post link. (My Gen3 Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi Sep2011 40,000kms Update !!!)
moralfibre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2014, 21:37   #20
BHPian
 
twistwrist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: bangalore
Posts: 30
Thanked: 20 Times
Default Re: Swift Vdi oil change - DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
That isn't the case either. I changed oil on my new gen Swift at home and the drain bolt is a standard 17mm box.

Post link. (My Gen3 Maruti Suzuki Swift VDi Sep2011 40,000kms Update !!!)
Mine is a Dzire zdi 2008 model.
I dont know if this type of drain nut came on dzire only.
The tool is Torx 45 used with a socket.
Please see the below link i found while checking on internet.
https://teon.co/cars/suzuki-swift-di...rts/oil-change
twistwrist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 15:03   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,507 Times
Default Re: Swift Vdi oil change - DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by twistwrist View Post
Mine is a Dzire zdi 2008 model.
I dont know if this type of drain nut came on dzire only.
The tool is Torx 45 used with a socket.
Please see the below link i found while checking on internet.
https://teon.co/cars/suzuki-swift-di...rts/oil-change
Mine has a torx nut too. It's a 2014 Swift D.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 18:57   #22
Senior - BHPian
 
lurker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tura
Posts: 1,308
Thanked: 641 Times
Default Re: Swift Vdi oil change - DIY

I guess those are interchangeable, the standard sump bolt would get disfigured after some use may be disfigured if it hit something underneath, with this type which is recessed grip it is almost indestructible.

something like shown here

Last edited by lurker : 20th December 2014 at 18:59.
lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 19:45   #23
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: KL
Posts: 4,680
Thanked: 3,507 Times
Default Re: Swift Vdi oil change - DIY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lurker View Post
I guess those are interchangeable, the standard sump bolt would get disfigured after some use may be disfigured if it hit something underneath, with this type which is recessed grip it is almost indestructible.
Yes of course, but i wonder whether the factory uses both these types or if the service center is changing it to the other type. Mine came from the factory with the torx bolt i know as i was there with the car when i got the factory fill oil changed at around 4000kms.

Last edited by Sankar : 20th December 2014 at 19:52.
Sankar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swift Vxi -petrol Oil Change Diy Required biju.bala DIY - Do it yourself 19 30th June 2017 13:48
Engine Oil Change : Paid Service vs Buying Oil yourself vs Full DIY neosmart Technical Stuff 77 29th June 2017 11:16
DIY: Mercedes W124 Oil Change & Pela 650 Engine Oil Extractor DeepakMenon DIY - Do it yourself 20 9th April 2017 10:59
DIY: Oil Change - BMW E90 (E91, E92, E93) aah78 DIY - Do it yourself 13 9th February 2016 11:54


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 07:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks