|I am unable to post / reply on the forum. Help?|
If you are unable to post on the forum, either one of the following two points apply to your membership:
1. When you (as a new user) register on Team-BHP, an authentication email is sent out to you. You must click on the link provided in that email to activate your membership. If you have any email filtering systems enabled, please ensure that firstname.lastname@example.org is added to your address book. This will ensure receipt of the email in your inbox. If you have not received that email, take a look at this FAQ. Follow the instructions therein, to have the activation email sent out again.
2. Has it been 10 days since the time of your registration? Our membership is subject to prior approval. The turnaround time for a registration to be approved (or disapproved) by our Administrative Panel is 8 – 10 days. As soon as your membership is approved, an email will be sent out to you with details. An email notification is also sent out in case your membership has been disapproved.
NOTE to existing members : If you change your email address from the User CP, the system will put your membership in "email confirmation" stage. You will not be able to post until you confirm your new email address. A confirmed email address is required for existing members, just as it is for new members. Take a look at this FAQ to have the authentication email sent out to you again.
|Why does my profile status read as “awaiting email confirmation”?|
When you (as a new user) register on Team-BHP, an authentication email is sent out to you. You must click on the link provided in that email to activate your membership.
If you have any email filtering systems enabled, please MAKE SURE that you add email@example.com to your address book. This will ensure receipt of the email in your inbox.
|I have not received the authentication email. Help?|
To have the activation email resent to your email address:
1. Click on this link.
2. Enter the same email address that was used at the time of your Team-BHP registration.
3. Click on the "Email activation codes" button.
An email will be sent out to you with the necessary instructions.
|Why are my posts not displaying on the forum?|
The first 25 posts by a new member are subject to moderation. The posts will have to be approved by a Team-BHP Moderator before they are displayed on the forum. Approval generally takes place within an hour of posting, although it may take a bit longer during non-peak hours.
To ensure that your posts are approved, please do read the Board Rules carefully. The most common reasons for non-approval are:
1. SMS / Slang / Poorly written posts.
3. One line posts that do not add anything meaningful to the topic being discussed.
|I forgot my password. Help?|
|To reset your password, just click on this link and enter your registered email address. A temporary password will be emailed out to you. We suggest changing it immediately upon logging in.|
|When viewing a thread, I am seeing posts in reverse order! Help?|
|Simply go to your User CP and thereon to Edit Options. You will see a "Thread Display Mode" drop-down menu. Here, you can choose to view the thread in an ascending or descending order.|
|My Office Firewall has blocked Team-BHP. Now what?|
Politely request your network admin to remove the block, stressing on the informational value of Team-BHP :). If that doesn't work:
1. Try entering the url beginning with https:// (note the extra "s") instead of http://.
2. Wi-Fi tethering from your cellphone (i.e. your computer connects to Team-BHP via your mobile data connection).
3. Surf via the Team-BHP App on your Smartphone.
4. Use a proxy server. More information here.
|I cannot understand some abbreviations used on Team-BHP. Help?|
|An explanation of the most commonly used abbreviations can be found here.|
|Why is my post count number not increasing?|
It may take the system upto an hour to update your post count or membership level. Also note that posts in some of the forums do not add up to the post count. The excluded forum sections are:
1. Introduce Yourself.
2. Shifting Gears.
|Why are some words in my post showing up as *****?|
Certain words are censored on Team-BHP. If your post contains any inappropriate words, they will be blanked out with an asterisk sign (*****).
|Why can't I find a thread that has been moved by a moderator?|
If you receive a Thread-Moved PM notification that does not contain details of your thread's new location, it means that your thread has been moved to the trash can. It was found inappropriate for public display on Team-BHP.
|Why do I keep getting logged out of the forum? It is extremely annoying!|
This could be a problem with your computer or browser. Clear all cookies, get rid of the internet cache and restart your computer. Also, keep the "remember me" option checked.
|I had created my BHP Garage. But don't see it now?|
Every saturday, all the BHP Garages with zero photographs are deleted. If your garage has been deleted, it was because it had no photographs in it.
|I uploaded some pictures, but my post doesn't display them at all. Help?|
|Please be sure to "submit" your post within 30 minutes of uploading attachments / pictures. Else, your attachments will expire. If you need more time to prepare your content, preview the post ("go advanced" -> "preview post") every <30 minutes to prevent your attachments from expiring.|