Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 27th August 2016, 09:47   #151
BHPian

Default re: Treadmill Tips & Buying Advice

I am also looking for Welcare 2222 model. Seems to be perfect for home use. Any reviews would be good. Please advice.
blackstallion76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2016, 10:45   #152
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Treadmill Tips & Buying Advice

If you're thinking of buying a treadmill, be sure to check out homefitnessdirect.com. Bought a Physique brand treadmill from them 5 years back. Regular use and has been largely trouble-free. Only one issue cropped up last year with some circuit or something, which was fixed within 3 days for 3k or something.

Always buy a treadmill with incline (really helps build stamina) and shock absorption (easier on your knees).

Best part about Home Fitness Direct is their outstanding after-sales quality. Good team of technicians always on the field. I recently bought another piece of equipment from them (weights machine).
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 16:21   #153
BHPian

Guys.. I need some advice. I am planning to buy a treadmill for my house and after numerous reviews have shortlisted Sole F63 which costs 98,000/- rupees. However, while trying out the treadmill in Afton showroom, I made a mistake in trying out a higher model, F80 which costs around 1,40,000/- rupees. The difference in build quality is apparent and since it is a long term investment, i am in a dilemma. F80 is a big stretch of my budget and hence this post.

Has any member had any experience with Sole F63 and F80 treadmills? I would like to know if it is worth its price and also any inputs regarding service by Afton in Chennai since they are the dealers.

For information, the F63 foldable treadmill comes with 3 CHP DC motor, 5 year warranty on the motor (the only company which offers this), 20x60 inch belt which is ideal since my son is 6'3" tall and any shorter length belt would not be suitable for him. The F80 comes with 3.5 CHP motor and 22x60 inches belt. Both come with adequate features though the F80 comes with a bigger 9 inch LCD display which is quite attractive. Any input would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
thesilentone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 16:52   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesilentone View Post
Guys.. I need some advice. I am planning to buy a treadmill for my house and after numerous reviews have shortlisted Sole F63 which costs 98,000/- rupees.... . The F80 comes with 3.5 CHP motor and 22x60 inches belt. Both come with adequate features though the F80 comes with a bigger 9 inch LCD display which is quite attractive. Any input would be deeply appreciated. Thanks.
My suggestion - stay with the cheaper one. Most of the 'features' you will not use.

After flood damage, I upgraded m my afton treadmill to a 4 hp motor for 12 K. You can do that if that floats your boat. Functionally, the LCD screen is useless, IMO.

All that having been said, congratulations on your new F80!

Last edited by sridhu : 14th September 2017 at 16:53.
sridhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 17:06   #155
BHPian

Thanks sridhu. You are asking me to stick to the cheaper option and congratulating me on the costlier option
Old 14th September 2017, 22:36   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sridhu. You are asking me to stick to the cheaper option and congratulating me on the costlier option
With me, in a contest between the heart & the head, the heart wins every time! No contest at all.

Hence the felicitations on the f80!
Old 3rd November 2017, 09:55   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
With me, in a contest between the heart & the head, the heart wins every time! No contest at all.

Hence the felicitations on the f80!
F80 it is . It came home yesterday and an awesome piece of equipment. I needed to thank you first for the wishes.
Old 3rd November 2017, 12:41   #158
BHPian

Quote:
F80 it is . It came home yesterday and an awesome piece of equipment. I needed to thank you first for the wishes.

Enjoy the treadmill.

We also found out later - these are absolutely great for drying clothes!
Old 3rd November 2017, 19:16   #159
Senior - BHPian

Friends, I have an unused Treadmill less than an year old (Bangalore North). First I thought of putting it on 'Give Away' thread as I absolutely have no time to attend to calls and negotiate etc. But wifee is totally against that idea. Just posting the details here, if anyone is interested, please have a check. Its not a classified post but a desire to see that space empty. This was bought after a month long cross checking multiple brands and reviews.

Reason for selling : I joined a runner's group after buying this last year. Already attended couple of 10k runs in the city too. Also invested in Garmin Vivosmart HR+, Nike Runners shoe, lots of Dri-Fit T shirts and Shorts. So, once you start running outdoors, treadmill is a serious compromise ! Its been unused for over 6 months. Personally, it's a pain to see something unused after spending so much time searching for the right one and paying for it

Goprofitness Motorized Treadmill : L-630A
High Quality DC Motor : DC1.75 HP motor (low noise)
Works on Home inverter too
Treadmill Tips & Buying Advice-gopro.jpg
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote