Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 10th November 2011, 13:02   #1
BHPian

Default Request to Senior BHPians for GPX of Service stations

Dear Seniors and everyone else...

As gps devices, stand alone or enabled on a phone are becoming increasingly popular and available in India, wouldn't it have been wonderful had all the car manufacturers put up a downloadable gpx file of their various service centres across India on thier websites!. Actually, the information is already available on thier service manuals and websites, just that they got to compile it as a GPX file and make it available.....
The advantage with such a gpx file, especially while you have a breakdown in a not so familiar region is that when you search for the custom POI ( service centre), you get a choice of them on your gps, which is nearest/ farthest to your exact realtime position....

I hope the seniors BHPians would consider this proposal...Forgive me if I am suggesting something irrelevant or impractical... I am still new to this forum.

Regards,
vu2pmc
vu2pmc is offline   Reply With Quote