Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 24th August 2010, 10:54   #286
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default

I am currently playing Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and am loving every bit of it. I am waiting for this to get finished so that I can go and buy Uncharted 2. I am using the PS3 btw

I am a fan of the FIFA series and am waiting for the next release FIFA 11. Hopefully, it'll be released here by this October.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 24th August 2010 at 10:55.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2010, 23:54   #287
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 52
Thanked: 0 Times
Default PS2-Black

Finished Black this weekend on Normal difficulty.
Man what a game ! Must buy for a PS2,I found it even better than GOW2.The graphics,gameplay,AI loved em all.Heard it sequel is planned in PS3
kratos11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 10:51   #288
BHPian
 
prateekm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mumbai & BLR
Posts: 755
Thanked: 307 Times
Default

Quote:
I am a fan of the FIFA series and am waiting for the next release FIFA 11.
Have you tried PES? I feel it's much better than Fifa
prateekm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 12:15   #289
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekm View Post
Have you tried PES? I feel it's much better than Fifa
Nope, I haven't played PES. But, I heard that it does not have licenses to use club and player names. For me, this takes out the essence of the game.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 12:20   #290
Senior - BHPian
 
chevelle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: sacto
Posts: 1,291
Thanked: 502 Times
Default

Guys, Any suggestion for a FPS? Prefer a war based movie like Call of Duty series.

Thanks
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 20:17   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
IronWolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Benga-loo-ru
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Mafia II is out. The first one was really good.

Reviews say II is better.

It is a 40s war game. Mafia gang wars
IronWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2010, 21:54   #292
BHPian
 
anku94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 225
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Arghhh !! *Officially irritated*

Can anybody suggest the best way to deal with Longbowmen ? Yes, Age of Empires 2.

Here I'm with negligible resources and a rather limited army and I've got an arrangement to beat Burgundian infantry and cavalry using archers on the other side of the wall, with monks for an occasional conversion [They don't send ranged units, for some blessed reason] , and here come the Longbowmen, with an onager, destroying a good portion of my army in like, 1 minute.

I even updated my Facebook status to :

Jab 16 range door France mein Pikeman rota hai, to Joan bolti hai, so ja, so ja, nahi to Longbowmen aa jayenge.


anku94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 16:00   #293
Senior - BHPian
 
addyhemmige's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore/Hassan
Posts: 1,549
Thanked: 465 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
Arghhh !! *Officially irritated*

Can anybody suggest the best way to deal with Longbowmen ? Yes, Age of Empires 2.

Here I'm with negligible resources and a rather limited army and I've got an arrangement to beat Burgundian infantry and cavalry using archers on the other side of the wall, with monks for an occasional conversion [They don't send ranged units, for some blessed reason] , and here come the Longbowmen, with an onager, destroying a good portion of my army in like, 1 minute.

I even updated my Facebook status to :

Jab 16 range door France mein Pikeman rota hai, to Joan bolti hai, so ja, so ja, nahi to Longbowmen aa jayenge.


Hmmm....Quite a predicament you are in. It is tough handling Longbowmen if you can't get near them. If possible, the best way is to build some Seige Rams and garrison some infantry it. Use these Rams to break through the wall. The longbowmen won't be able do any major damage to it. You just have to watch out for the onagers. Try to keep the onagers busy using your archers.

Last edited by addyhemmige : 28th August 2010 at 16:02.
addyhemmige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 16:32   #294
BHPian
 
anku94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 225
Thanked: 27 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
Hmmm....Quite a predicament you are in. It is tough handling Longbowmen if you can't get near them. If possible, the best way is to build some Seige Rams and garrison some infantry it. Use these Rams to break through the wall. The longbowmen won't be able do any major damage to it. You just have to watch out for the onagers. Try to keep the onagers busy using your archers.
No, you got me wrong. The wall is mine, I'm defending it.

Anyhoo, I've finally dealt with that situation and it seems that the British don't have much resources coz they've stopped sending men.

Thanks for the tip.
anku94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 04:35   #295
BHPian
 
ghpk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Ghaziabad
Posts: 869
Thanked: 192 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11 View Post
Finished Black this weekend on Normal difficulty.
Man what a game ! Must buy for a PS2,I found it even better than GOW2.The graphics,gameplay,AI loved em all.Heard it sequel is planned in PS3
Man you are good gamer for sure,
I am stuck in Black since months, I am in asylum and hate to play the entire part I when you are gone in part II.
Once i was almost cleared, the electricity people didn't liked it and before it was saved i was power off, what a frustration !!!!

haven't played it in last few almost but did tried last week.
ghpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 12:48   #296
Senior - BHPian
 
pranavt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,628
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronWolf View Post
Mafia II is out. The first one was really good.

Reviews say II is better.

It is a 40s war game. Mafia gang wars
Mafia was good in its own way, I wouldn't compare the two. That said, Mafia 2 is great too Worth a play.
pranavt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2010, 22:37   #297
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 52
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghpk View Post
Man you are good gamer for sure,
I am stuck in Black since months, I am in asylum and hate to play the entire part I when you are gone in part II.
Once i was almost cleared, the electricity people didn't liked it and before it was saved i was power off, what a frustration !!!!

haven't played it in last few almost but did tried last week.
Buddy dont give up....try to complete it on Normal dificulty itself as this will unlock infinite weapon cheat & there's no better sights than blasting everything with a RPG or M249.

I took me more than 6 months to complete it with lot of threats from wifey
kratos11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2010, 23:41   #298
BHPian
 
manim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Tuticorin
Posts: 701
Thanked: 354 Times
Cool Prince-of-persia for dos

Just re-discovering Prince-of-persia original 1st version released in the late 80s, again!
Using 'dosbox' under Linux it works great.

One of the greatest game ever.
manim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 00:00   #299
BHPian
 
ishlinea7260's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ambala
Posts: 295
Thanked: 246 Times
Default

just finished god of war 3 and prior to that got over with gta 4.
these both rock!
ishlinea7260 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 00:16   #300
Team-BHP Support
 
Samurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: B'lore-Manipal
Posts: 22,043
Thanked: 13,496 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by manim View Post
Just re-discovering Prince-of-persia original 1st version released in the late 80s, again!
Using 'dosbox' under Linux it works great.

One of the greatest game ever.
Hmm, that is pure nostalgia. My personal best was 32 minutes for POP, that was in 1992-93. But the POP2 was lot tougher, I could complete it only once. Never bothered with POP3.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The DATA Card and USB Modem discussion thread (Reliance/Airtel/Tata) sk456 Gadgets, Computers & Software 720 11th December 2015 09:00
Windows Vista Discussion Thread normally_crazy Gadgets, Computers & Software 663 2nd December 2014 02:18
Delhi Commonwealth Games 2010 - Games lane map and blocked roads tsk1979 Route / Travel Queries 21 4th October 2010 09:43
Chennai General Discussion Thread slipstream The Team-BHP Meet Section 11 9th August 2006 15:43
Only Console Games here! S350L-E240 Shifting gears 6 9th May 2004 15:37


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks