Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 21st February 2009, 14:04   #451
BHPian

Default Bombay - shop to buy canon dslr

Can i request a suggestion for a shop around Fort area to buy a Canon DSLR with bill. There are too many there, so just wanted any suggestions (especially known to give a reasonable price). Looking to buy one this evening.

I also can drop in on JJ Mehta, but their shop is too deep in Dadar. Last time i went there, i could not park anywhere.
manolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 11:35   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Guys,
I need to clean my SLR sensor, where can I buy the blower for that? or is there a better home remedy?
Zaks
With due respect to your query, if you don't know the answer to these basic questions please don't try to do the job on your own without direct expert guidance the first few times. You might ruin the sensor/camera forever and/or get more dust during the process.
Cleaning an SLR sensor is not a "read-on-the-net-and-DIY" job for beginners.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 15:02   #453
Team-BHP Support

Olympus has released a so called 450D killer. The DPreview.com reviewers who are usually biased against Olympus offerings, are going gaga over it.

Read it: Olympus E-620 Hands-on Preview: 1. Introduction: Digital Photography Review
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 17:29   #454
BHPian

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you all know that I recently bought my Canon 450D and I must say it is a great cam not just for the beginners, but also for serious hobbyists and for professionals. I personally am new to DSLRs so I'm finding it quite good, at the moment, enjoying, learning and basically exploring the cam and its capabilities. If anyone of you needs my reviews about 450D or any help regarding its functionality, please feel free to mail me.

Zaks, I agree with Sudipto. Sensor clearning should be left to professionals as that is a very important part of cam, which requires professional care. Find out where the servicing can be done.
saleem_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 17:48   #455
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by saleem_k View Post
Just wanted to let you all know that I recently bought my Canon 450D and I must say it is a great cam not just for the beginners, but also for serious hobbyists and for professionals. I personally am new to DSLRs so I'm finding it quite good
Isn't that a contradicting statement... If you are new to dSLRs let alone 450D, how can you suggest it to serious hobbyists and professionals? Anyway, congrats on your new camera.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 17:51   #456
BHPian

Sensor cleaning is not a big deal if one knows what he is doing. Just have to follow the instructions as given in the manual and take care not to touch the sensors and use the right tools.
I inquired at several places and none did this job.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 17:55   #457
BHPian

if anybody is in the US and is looking for Nikon Upgrade, check the D200. Best Buy is putting it on sale for $ 600

Nikon - 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera - D200 - Body Only
bharanidharang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 19:54   #458
Senior - BHPian

Gents, can one of the Bangalore 'insiders' get a quote for the D90 + Nikkor 55-200 IS from the grey market
s0uljah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2009, 21:36   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaks View Post
Sensor cleaning is not a big deal if one knows what he is doing. Just have to follow the instructions as given in the manual and take care not to touch the sensors and use the right tools.
I inquired at several places and none did this job.
I know a very senior professional photographer on this forum who once goofed up and almost ruined his camera while doing it. It had ultimately cost him upward of Rs 20k just to fix the camera back into action.
What I mean is, it's not an easy job and even professionals goof up with it if they aren't extra careful.
So I would suggest you find out if any veteran can guide you the first few times. Possibly someone from the forum.
However, ultimately it's your camera and your blower and you will decide. BTW, the blower should be available with any decent camera store.
Sudipto-S-Team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 06:35   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharanidharang View Post
if anybody is in the US and is looking for Nikon Upgrade, check the D200. Best Buy is putting it on sale for $ 600

Nikon - 10.2MP Digital SLR Camera - D200 - Body Only
Sold out online!!!
Is there a store pick up for this?
zerocritical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 09:29   #461
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
Gents, can one of the Bangalore 'insiders' get a quote for the D90 + Nikkor 55-200 IS from the grey market
Send an SMS to Jayesh Mehta (Foto Circle) with your query.
Recently my friend got a D90 kit for ~60K from him.
D90 + 18-105 f3.5-5.6 VR + 8GB Sandisk + One hopeless camera bag

-- Torqy

Last edited by Torqy : 25th February 2009 at 09:33.
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 10:50   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Isn't that a contradicting statement... If you are new to dSLRs let alone 450D, how can you suggest it to serious hobbyists and professionals? Anyway, congrats on your new camera.
Hi Samurai,

Thank you. Regarding me sounding contradictory, I was suggesting that this cam is versatile enough to be used by learners as well as people who already are good with DSLRs. I was suggesting it more as a second cam or backup cam for professionals and not as a stand alone cam for them. I think I wasn't clear...
saleem_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 13:05   #463
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudipto-S-Team View Post
I know a very senior professional photographer on this forum who once goofed up and almost ruined his camera while doing it. It had ultimately cost him upward of Rs 20k just to fix the camera back into action.
What I mean is, it's not an easy job and even professionals goof up with it if they aren't extra careful.
So I would suggest you find out if any veteran can guide you the first few times. Possibly someone from the forum.
However, ultimately it's your camera and your blower and you will decide. BTW, the blower should be available with any decent camera store.
Not that big a deal. Cleaned the sensor on my old 350D many a times. All you need is a big blower. In the 40D I use now, never had sensor dust issues even after taking it to horribly dusty places. The automatic sensor cleaning seems to work.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2009, 18:52   #464
Senior - BHPian

In Delhi's grey the N90 with kit lens is for 54K.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0uljah View Post
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2009, 14:11   #465
Senior - BHPian

Finally Got my Sony alpha200 DSLR in hand, that i had bidded for on ebay.com few months back. Still in the process of reading the manual before i start experimenting with the camera. Initial pics on auto mode looks good.

This is what the camera costed me

Camera (new)with kit lens- 355USD
Shipping and Handling - 20USD
Sandisc Extreme 3 4gb CF card - 20USD

What i already have from my previous Maxxum5 SLR

28-80 AF zoom lens
70-300 AF zoom lens
Camera bag.

Now being a total newbie with DSLR's my question to the Guru's is if i need anything else to start of like filters etc etc??
deky is offline   Reply With Quote