Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2012, 09:08   #10936
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,226
Thanked: 408 Times
Default Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
How? It shows as Rs.12775 on their website? I have been seeing this price from last 2-3 weeks

http://www.homeshop18.com/nikkor-af-...0484/cid:8931/
Theres also that 700 discount coupon that you can use while checkout. So it costs 12075 net
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 11:19   #10937
Senior - BHPian
 
gigy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: mumbai
Posts: 1,321
Thanked: 41 Times
Default

Used the same discount code mentioned and free 3 emi option
gigy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 12:08   #10938
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 655 Times
Default Re: The DSLR Thread

What is the f stop for this/these 50mm?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ariendj View Post

as of now,the 50mm prime is cheaper at 13.4k in flipkart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me-hul View Post

I think the manual 50 mm is available for 6.1 k on flipkart..
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 12:38   #10939
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,573
Thanked: 363 Times
Default Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I ditched UFRAW for Rawtherapee.
Works much better than the clunky GIMP/UFRAW interface
I only use adobe camera raw. Rawtherapee didn't have good performance like camera raw.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 12:44   #10940
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 195
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: The DSLR Thread

Some urgent Advice Needed. Please Help?

Somebody I know owns a Canon 1000D and I want to gift him a budget 70-300mm lense. The two choices that I have are:

1. Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 DG Macro
2. Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro

I contacted few shops at Palika bazar, both are being quoted at around 9000/-. I have to buy it today or latest by tomorrow so flipkart is not an option.

Please advice which one of the two would be better buy. One shop told be Sigma is better the other told me Sigma does not have a service center in Delhi. all want to sale their own ware.

Please help??

Last edited by dinesha : 10th November 2012 at 12:51.
dinesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 13:46   #10941
BHPian
 
ariendj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 503
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
What is the f stop for this/these 50mm?
both have aperture range of f/1.8 to f/22

Last edited by ariendj : 10th November 2012 at 13:51.
ariendj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 15:36   #10942
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,615
Thanked: 7,720 Times
Default Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by joslicx View Post
Theres also that 700 discount coupon that you can use while checkout. So it costs 12075 net
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigy View Post
Used the same discount code mentioned and free 3 emi option
Thanks. I didnt know of the coupon or i would have bought from there

Iam planning to buy a 18-105mm VR, here in Hyderabad where I bought the 35mm, its being quoted for Rs.16,200 but, on Homestop its a steep 19K+

If anyone comes across any deal for this lens, please keep me posted

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinesha View Post
Some urgent Advice Needed. Please Help?

Somebody I know owns a Canon 1000D and I want to gift him a budget 70-300mm lense. The two choices that I have are:

1. Sigma 70-300mm F/4-5.6 DG Macro
2. Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro

I contacted few shops at Palika bazar, both are being quoted at around 9000/-. I have to buy it today or latest by tomorrow so flipkart is not an option.
Own the Tamaron 70-300. It's a heavy, budget and good for strong daylight photography. It just wont focus in wee bit low light

I am told Sigma has slightly better performance.

Had bought this lens some 3 years back for 7K, strange that its price has increased. Please look around 9K for that lens is expensive. Some online stores are selling between 7k-8K

Last edited by mobike008 : 10th November 2012 at 15:38.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 16:13   #10943
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 195
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post


Own the Tamaron 70-300. It's a heavy, budget and good for strong daylight photography. It just wont focus in wee bit low light

I am told Sigma has slightly better performance.

Had bought this lens some 3 years back for 7K, strange that its price has increased. Please look around 9K for that lens is expensive. Some online stores are selling between 7k-8K
Thanks for the advice. I will go with the Sigma then.
Indiaplaza is selling it for around 7.3K but shipping will take time and I need by Monday.
So the best price offered by the shopkeeper here is 8.8K. I will try at Palika tomorrow. Thanks again.
dinesha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 20:19   #10944
Senior - BHPian
 
black12rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridin earth now
Posts: 1,259
Thanked: 272 Times
Default Re: The DSLR Thread

Guys how much do authorized service centers take to clean the mirror and senor of a NIKON DSLR and will it be done immediately ?. Any advice ?
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2012, 20:22   #10945
Team-BHP Support
 
.anshuman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Good-Gaon
Posts: 7,700
Thanked: 8,906 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr
Guys how much do authorized service centers take to clean the mirror and senor of a NIKON DSLR and will it be done immediately ?. Any advice ?
Sony charges 1000 bucks plus service tax, others should be comparable
.anshuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 09:01   #10946
BHPian
 
skandyhere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Charlotte/Blore
Posts: 347
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
What is the f stop for this/these 50mm?
f1.8 lenses, these are.

Edit: Sorry, didn't notice this question has already been answered before. Have to hold back before pressing the trigger a little longer...

Last edited by skandyhere : 11th November 2012 at 09:02.
skandyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 14:01   #10947
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,615
Thanked: 7,720 Times
Default Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Guys how much do authorized service centers take to clean the mirror and senor of a NIKON DSLR and will it be done immediately ?. Any advice ?
Nikon charges Rs.900 for a general service which includes sensor cleaning. Any component replacements are charged extra
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 20:43   #10948
BHPian
 
Zenster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 334
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Hello Friends, I was at Canon store today to check out the 60d. The strange thing is the advisor was very confident that the camera body and the lens both come with national warranty only. I was under the impression the lens when bought separately have international warranty and if I buy the lens from abroad then canon India would honour the warranty too. What are the correct terms of warranty fire canon then?
Also I got a quote of the 60d with the 18-55 lense for 58,xxx... And screen guard, bag, 16GB card and UV filler as free accessories. How is this deal? I find similar pricing at must other retail stores like croma etc..
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 22:00   #10949
Senior - BHPian
 
rajshenoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 1,831
Thanked: 618 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenster
Hello Friends, I was at Canon store today to check out the 60d. The strange thing is the advisor was very confident that the camera body and the lens both come with national warranty only. I was under the impression the lens when bought separately have international warranty and if I buy the lens from abroad then canon India would honour the warranty too. What are the correct terms of warranty fire canon then?
Also I got a quote of the 60d with the 18-55 lense for 58,xxx... And screen guard, bag, 16GB card and UV filler as free accessories. How is this deal? I find similar pricing at must other retail stores like croma etc..
Do you need that kit lens? Typically ppl who buy basic slr take that kit lens.
rajshenoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2012, 22:30   #10950
BHPian
 
Zenster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 334
Thanked: 92 Times
Default Re: The DSLR Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Do you need that kit lens? Typically ppl who buy basic slr take that kit lens.
Well Raj, this is my first DSLR, I am currently using the Panny Fz100 and have learnt photography on that. So I am new to DSLR but not photography. In this situation what would you recommend? I dont mind getting the body and lens separately too. What are you hinting at?
Zenster is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DSLR Video Discussion Sankar Gadgets, Computers & Software 129 18th August 2017 19:07
On a Temple Visiting Spree! Returned with only 1 wish. Need a DSLR! mclaren1885 Travelogues 23 27th July 2007 11:21


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks