Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 5th September 2016, 11:14   #14131
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: The DSLR Thread

The D750 has a better sensor, so it is worth paying a bit more for it. There are times when the D750 prices go low on the e-commerce sites to make it a VFM.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2016, 22:53   #14132
BHPian

Hi guys, I am having an issue with an insect inside the eyepiece of my Nikon D5300. At first, I was very surprised and sad to see 2 pieces of lint inside the eyepiece, which I suspect got in while inside the camera bag. Then after shooting in a nearby forest I was so sad to see an insect inside it. Though the insect is not changing position, I can see it still moving its legs. I am hoping it falls to the bottom of the eyepiece once it dies.

What really surprised me was the ease with which things can get into the eyepiece. Though it is not appearing on the pictures, but still its quite annoying. Has anyone had similar problems?

The forest where the insect got in

The DSLR Thread-14285014_10154011675592525_609084115_o.jpg
amrisharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2016, 02:25   #14133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Some very nice photos, especially in the 3rd link.

Agree with you, technical mastery (for most genres) is a lot easier than learning to imagine, see and execute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
More like " .. Though this dicutm does not hold good for the womankind (in general) "

Nice pics in the 3rd link. THough I could not open the first two.
Thanks a lot friends for visiting the link. I think the website where I've posted the pics is going through some modification and that may have created some problem. Sharing the link one more time: http://photo.net/photos/vikas_shukla

Kind Regards
vikasshu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 23:33   #14134
BHPian

@Royalcruiser how much did 7200 cost in Indian Rupees with 18-140 kit lense in Thailand.

I am still undecided between Sony A6000 mirrorless (for its compactness and can be carried in waist pouch) and Nikon D5500 (this is also little compact compared to other Nikon models ) for availability of lenses though initially shall be using 18-140 or equivalent lens.

Last edited by HydroFuel : 11th September 2016 at 23:34.
HydroFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2016, 23:49   #14135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydroFuel View Post
@Royalcruiser how much did 7200 cost in Indian Rupees with 18-140 kit lense in Thailand.

I am still undecided between Sony A6000 mirrorless (for its compactness and can be carried in waist pouch) and Nikon D5500 (this is also little compact compared to other Nikon models ) for availability of lenses though initially shall be using 18-140 or equivalent lens.
What do you shoot, and plan to shoot?
nilanjanray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 01:48   #14136
BHPian

Quote:
What do you shoot, and plan to shoot?
Initially I want to shoot landscape, vacation, family so I do not need more zoom. Also I don't want lens changes. Hence, instead of 18-50 and 55-200 i shall prefer 18-140.
HydroFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 08:55   #14137
BHPian

Default Re: Stock photography submission?

Quote:
Created a Shutterstock contributor account for fun, and uploaded 9 images to over the weekend. To my surprise, all 9 got approved.
Great going, Nilanjanray. You may like to read this before you invest your time on such sites.
earthian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 09:42   #14138
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The 7200 with the 18-140 would be about 78.5k in TH.

Though Kuala Lumpur & Dubai are better bets for prices

regarding A6000 vs D5500, from what little I know, A6000 would be better. But D5500 would cost lesser. Mirrorless Lenses can get expensive.

Last edited by SDP : 13th September 2016 at 11:37.
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 11:58   #14139
BHPian

Quote:
There were some offers running here and managed to get it for about INR 72K - this is after getting the VAT returns too
royalcruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2016, 14:07   #14140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthian View Post
Great going, Nilanjanray. You may like to read this before you invest your time on such sites.
Read that before. This is more of an exercise to develop more rigor while shooting and processing. Helps in improving. Wildlife is not a microstock play in any case.
Old 12th September 2016, 14:34   #14141
BHPian

Quote:

The Sony A6000 might be pocketable or be carried in a waist pouch only if you have the pancake lens. Everything else is definitely going be be uncomfortable tucking inside your waist pocket. It is not a P&S!
joe1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 10:29   #14142
BHPian

Quote:
Read that before. This is more of an exercise to develop more rigor while shooting and processing. Helps in improving. Wildlife is not a microstock play in any case.
I feel you should be on EyeEm, you have very good skills, your work will be appreciated there by millions, it's like facebook for photographers, and they also have tie ups with giants like Getty images so people can make a quick buck too. You must try it if you have not already, it's on iOS and play store too. It feels good when people appreciate your work and you get to see and appreciate theirs. I signed up as a contributor on iStock, shutter stock and alam but still have not been able to upload any work.
wrongturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 11:29   #14143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
I feel you should be on EyeEm, you have very good skills, your work will be appreciated there by millions, it's like facebook for photographers, and they also have tie ups with giants like Getty images so people can make a quick buck too. You must try it if you have not already, it's on iOS and play store too. It feels good when people appreciate your work and you get to see and appreciate theirs. I signed up as a contributor on iStock, shutter stock and alam but still have not been able to upload any work.
eyeem is nice, somewhat like Instagram. I signed up for fun and created an account, but engaging with a new community is effort intensive, so I guess I will just share photos from time to time, that's it. IMO 500px has the best quality photos, unless you are talking about curated websites. But sometimes many mediocre photos become popular because of people playing the like yours, you like mine' game. I share occasionally on Instagram and Facebook.

What do you mean you haven't been able to upload? You mean approved?
Old 13th September 2016, 12:16   #14144
BHPian

Quote:

What do you mean you haven't been able to upload? You mean approved?
I have approved accounts on all 3, and have uploaded like around 10-11 photographs as well on each of them, and have received views, zooms etc. what I meant to say was that I have not been able to upload much pics, as you rightly said it's quite an effort to first process the image, keep it under the size 20mb, model release form and all the other things around it that were absolutely alien to me about 3 months back. I just bought my first DSLR, don't even have much pics to really upload. Here is my alamy page screen shot.
Could you share your EyeEm handle?
Attached Thumbnails
The DSLR Thread-img_20160913_120348.jpg  

Last edited by wrongturn : 13th September 2016 at 12:24.
wrongturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th September 2016, 13:02   #14145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
I have approved accounts on all 3, and have uploaded like around 10-11 photographs as well on each of them, and have received views, zooms etc. what I meant to say was that I have not been able to upload much pics, as you rightly said it's quite an effort to first process the image, keep it under the size 20mb, model release form and all the other things around it that were absolutely alien to me about 3 months back. I just bought my first DSLR, don't even have much pics to really upload. Here is my alamy page screen shot.
Could you share your EyeEm handle?
Nilanjan Ray or nilanjanray. Use the same handle across websites. There is another photographer with the same name, but his photos won't have tigers (he is into people, street etc.) while my albums are full of big cats

Last edited by nilanjanray : 13th September 2016 at 13:04.