Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 23rd March 2012, 10:48   #1
BHPian

Default Non-Automobile Sports Equipment

Did not see a Topic on this, thus creating One. If one exist please do the needful. The idea is to discuss Non Automobile Sports equipment here.

The reason for this post: I am looking to buy a Table Tennis Robot and wanted to know if any members in the forum owns one. Please shed light on the product, features, pricing etc. Would be great if photos are shared.

I checked on few products;

1. Joola TT Budy Pro (Table Top) Robots : INR 19,000
2. Smartpong with wireless remote and net: Smartpong - The smartest HI-Tech Table Tennis Robot.. : US$ 1646 including shipping
3. Super Master - 5 with wired remote and net (shipped from China/Taiwan) : US$ 617 including shipping

For Information: The customs duty on TT sports equipment is 10% of the Cost. This is according the excise and customs website.

I am not a professional, but addicted to TT. The reason I want to own one is to keep up the practice as I own a table at home and other reason being there is never a partner to play with when in need.

If there are other robot brands in India please shed some light on that and place to buy it from. I am not in favor of table top without net as it hold lesser number of balls and this in turn would need frequent picking of balls from ground, unlike the complete robot which has net which holds the ball in excess of 100 and collects the balls on return shots and reintroduces the ball into the robot. Prices mentioned above seems high, may be due to not having an yard stick for the pricing, not sure if it is worth spending that kind of money. Is there a manufacturer in India. I checked on few shops in Hyderabad I was surprised some of the big sports shop did not know about robot. One of the shop had Joola - Table Top and was desperate to sell. Felt like he was holding this stock for very long time, he had to dig the box out from his stock.

Last edited by ajitsank : 23rd March 2012 at 10:53.
ajitsank is offline   Reply With Quote