Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 2nd April 2012, 20:59   #1
BHPian

Default Transferring contacts between Mobile Phones

Is there any easy way { Or any ways } to transfer my contacts in HTC HD 2 to HTC one X ?
Dr.Jones
drjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 21:53   #2
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Transfering contacts

Can some tell me how to transfer the contacts in the address book of a Imac to the new Iphone4s? Will it automatically load once I synchronize with Itunes ? Other wise how can I load from the Icloud.com, Where by accident all my contacts are saved.

Last edited by navan49 : 2nd April 2012 at 21:58.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:00   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navan49 View Post
Can some tell me how to transfer the contacts in the address book of a Imac to the new Iphone4s? Will it automatically load once I synchronize with Itunes ? Other wise how can I load from the Icloud.com, Where by accident all my contacts are saved.

Open address book on your mac and drag contacts there. When u connect ur iphone open itunes and go to your phone. There you go to INfo tab scroll down select contacts and sync. If you need any more info get in touch via email. Hope this helps
Y@SH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2012, 22:02   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drjones View Post
Is there any easy way { Or any ways } to transfer my contacts in HTC HD 2 to HTC one X ?
Is your contact list on HD2 synced with Google? If yes then simply sync the phonebook on One X with Google. If no then just sync the phonebook on HD2 with Google and then sync on One X. Btw congratulations on becoming one of first owners of the world's best ever phone! Man, everyone is going to be envious of you
DevilsCry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 00:20   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Dr.Jones
This is what I figured out just an hour ago.
1) In your current phone's PhoneBook settings menu there is and import/export option. Use it to export the contacts to SD card as a .vcf file.
2) Copy the file to the new phone and choose import instead of the export you did in step 1.
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 05:33   #6
Senior - BHPian

On all android phones one can export all contacts and then import them again in some other android device. I use this all the time to take backups of my contacts in android.

Alternatively one can try google, but i do not prefer that option as it tries to merge all contacts that you have in gmail with the ones on the phone.
mayankjha1806 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 05:39   #7
Team-BHP Support

More fundamentally :

Many a times people have two source of contacts:

1. Personal (Google mail)
2. Coroprate

Current Android devices can sync both these and mege them at the device level.
There should be no need to copy them to device. Current day devices should automatically
sync.

For Apple: Use the icloud. Sync Mac contacts to icloud and iphone syncs from there.
For android/others : Its the same but server is google.

If source is corporate mail, the device device can sync that too. There should be actually no need to copy contacts from one device to another. It should all be synced.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 07:55   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806
Alternatively one can try google, but i do not prefer that option as it tries to merge all contacts that you have in gmail with the ones on the phone.
I have created a separate Google account just for my contacts and added it in my Android phone.

So, no problem of merging my regular Gmail contacts with mobile contacts and easier to manage.
mukeshgoel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 09:54   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

@mukeshgoel; I hope you are not using Titanium Backup. The license is valid for all phones using the same gmail id!
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd April 2012, 10:46   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Dr.Jones
You got the One X already? Isnt the HD2 a WinMo phone? So I guess you will have to sync it with Windows Mobile Center and then export to the phone. How about some thoughts on the One X? I'm tempted!
s4ch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 15:13   #11
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Transferring contacts between Mobile Phones

Every popular contact management software, be it Outlook, Google Contacts, Palm etc. gives you the option to export contact entries in vcf / vcard format.

This is exactly what I used to move from Palm -> Android. Was a breeze with zero bugs or errors.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th April 2012, 16:01   #12
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@mukeshgoel; I hope you are not using Titanium Backup. The license is valid for all phones using the same gmail id!
I am not using Titanium Backup. Mine is non-rooted phone and I guess Titanium Backup works on rooted phones.
mukeshgoel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 16:48   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Dr.Jones
Doc, I faced this problem too when I was migrating from Nokia to Android. I had installed a program called Netqin Mobile guard in my old phone. This app has a facility to back up the contacts to it's server. So when i switched to Android, I installed Netqin in the new phone and restored my contacts from the server, very simple.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2012, 18:21   #14
BHPian

Thanks guys, sorry for the late reply. HTC one X has got an option to transfer anything from any phone { Other manufacturers too }, its quite easy and useful. One of the best features of the phone and only one AFAIK.
drjones is offline   Reply With Quote