Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 27th June 2016, 16:12   #31
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Remote CCTV viewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
NVRs don't always have POE ports. The NVR I bought has just one ethernet port to connect to the network. I use a separate POE switch to drive the IP cameras, in the last mile run. For example, the closest RJ45 jack for the remotest IP camera is at the guard room. So I a placed the POE injector at the guard room. NVR with POE ports assumes you can reach every camera within reasonable distance.

The max length is dictated by the Ethernet specs. About 100 meters is the practical limit.
Thank you. Few more doubts

1.If NVR has one single I/P from the switch, how can it identify each camera individually?
2. So the number of cameras that one can install is dependent on the number of Ethernet ports on the switch?
3. Can the Ethernet port on the Switch provide enough juice to power up the camera?
sagarpadaki is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 16:52   #32
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Remote CCTV viewing

Each IP camera has its own IP address. Cameras can be powered via POE switches.
Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote