Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 16th March 2014, 10:35   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Free for iPhone : MapmyIndia App with GPS navigation, house addresses etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp View Post
Thanks. Do you think the paid apps would work well offline for IOS? I can see Sygic & Mapmyindia is available for INR 2000/-. Anybody using it?
They would. The only limitation is screen real estate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The same sygic app is available for free on Android. Should be the same for iOS too. When say free I mean sygic app with MMI maps for offline storage of map content.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvp View Post
Attachment 1219765... I did download the sygic offline app but does not have an option to download the India. ...
Quote:
Not sure about iOS. But for India you can download it state by state.
Sygic App is free, but that is for maps other than India which one can get from Sygic. @mvp is right - the Sygic App WITH MMI maps is 2K. That's because MMI India map is not free.

MMI App (free) has a very rudimentary UI. Sygic App (free) UI is miles ahead - but they don't have an India map.

Last edited by DerAlte : 16th March 2014 at 10:40.
DerAlte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 11:17   #32
mvp
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
They would. The only limitation is screen real estate.

Thanks. Have u been using the
Paid app? What is the memory required?
mvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 11:34   #33
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
Sygic App is free, but that is for maps other than India which one can get from Sygic. @mvp is right - the Sygic App WITH MMI maps is 2K. That's because MMI India map is not free.

MMI App (free) has a very rudimentary UI. Sygic App (free) UI is miles ahead - but they don't have an India map.
@DA Not sure which one, but a Sygic App along with the whole of India MMI maps is freely available on Goggle play. One can download it state by state. Now I don't know if it's any different from the paid version. I got the paid version too before this free version was made available. Seems like it's the same.

Again don't know if they have made this available only on Android.

Last edited by ampere : 16th March 2014 at 11:37.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2014, 15:50   #34
mvp
BHPian

Quote:

Again don't know if they have made this available only on Android.

Amp, Should be working fine for Android, but does not for IOS. Firstly, India map is not covered in the free version and the paid version for India costs 2k. I will wait for reviews from iOS users about the 2k paid app and memory requirements before I decide to buy one.
mvp is offline   Reply With Quote