Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 31st May 2014, 11:52   #1
BHPian

Default NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App

MapmyIndia, popular for its GPS navigation and location apps has launched NaviMap, a Freemium navigation app. This offers alternate routes and lets you share real-time journey updates on Facebook. Additional features such as Real time turn-by-turn voice guidance in 10 regional languages that includes Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Oriya, Punjabi, Tamil and Telugu, House Number Data, POI and more would be available via in-app purchases.

MapmyIndia lets users try Premium features as a part of free trial for a period of 3 days. Users can purchase it if they like extra features, otherwise the free app itself offers plenty of features, including offline maps. The iOS and Windows Phone apps would be available soon, says MapmyIndia.

NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App-navimaps.jpg

Free Maps App for lifetime Includes
  • Three (3) alternate routes to your destination and one pedestrian route
  • Location, route sharing via Facebook, messages, email, Live Traffic with detailed MapmyIndia maps for whole of India with latest coverage.
  • Single line predictive destination search and Multi-stop Routing with Full multi-touch map display support
  • Two-finger swipe down on any page or menu to return to map view and Straightforward menus and fast workflow
  • Three days free trial for full version pro-guidance app
In-App purchase to full-featured pro-guidance for lifetime for includes
  • Maps for other countries like Bangladesh, Nepal, Sri-Lanka
  • Real time turn-by-turn voice guidance in 10 regional languages apart from English
  • Auto re-route if you deviate from suggested route
  • House Number Data , POI along the route, 3D buildings
In-app purchase of full-featured pro-guidance for lifetime costs Rs. 599 and Map updates cost Rs. 299.

Official Press Release by MMI to Existing Users

Quote:
Dear MapmyIndia Maps User,

Greetings from MapmyIndia!

In the past, you might have purchased MapmyIndia’s maps in the form of Sygic GPS Navigation or Mireo Don’t Panic navigation. Both these apps were our partners’ (Sygic or Mireo) apps with MapmyIndia’s maps. Both these partners followed their own maps update policies based on their respective business model.

Today, we are excited and happy to inform you that MapmyIndia has come out with its OWN OFFLINE maps & navigation app - NaviMaps. The app is currently on Android with the iOS & Windows version coming out soon. This is a premium turn-by-turn GPS navigation that you can try for FREE for 3 days. The maps are stored on your phone and you can navigate without an internet connection and paying any data charges. The App is FREEMIUM which includes Free Maps for lifetime and for enhanced voice guidance and navigation features there is an option for an ‘in-app’ purchase. After the trial period you can continue to use the Free Maps App or upgrade to the full voice guidance and also get access to Map updates as per MapmyIndia‘s update plan.

Do check out and download the app and start enjoying the most powerful navigation experience you can lay your hands on. Also, you can download, remove and re-download maps as often as you like in this app. As always, we are listening to you feedback.
Google Play Store Link

Ref: FoneArena

Last edited by iVento : 31st May 2014 at 11:53.
iVento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2014, 12:18   #2
BHPian

Default Re: NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App

• Once installed, the application ask for your Name & Phone Number for activation
  • Maps available for India, Bangladesh, Nepal & Srilanka
  • You need to be careful while choosing your home country. The App warns you that once it is activated, you cannot change the country.
  • Complete India Maps totals to 657MB (South India-181MB, Central India-233MB, East India-79.1MB, North India-164MB)
  • In addition to the maps, you can also install additional features like 3D buildings, voices etc.
  • Maps last updated-December 2013
  • Pro Guidance feature for India is priced at 9.99 USD i.e around 600 INR. For the other 3 countries 4.99 USD.
Old 21st June 2014, 23:08   #3
BHPian

Question Queries - NaviMaps

A few queries -
  • Has anyone installed and used this app? (A review would be helpful here)
  • How is it different from the Sygic free app - better/worse?
  • Is the paid version worth it?

Cheers!
Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2014, 09:39   #4
BHPian

Default Re: Queries - NaviMaps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhide View Post
A few queries -
  • Has anyone installed and used this app? (A review would be helpful here)
  • How is it different from the Sygic free app - better/worse?
  • Is the paid version worth it?

Cheers!
I have installed the software on my Samsung Grand Quattro. The interface is pretty good and responsive. As compared to Sygic, the map is an updated one though, I don't find any significant improvement from Sygic on the interface front.
adnaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2014, 22:35   #5
BHPian

Default MapmyIndia NaviMaps - Now for iOS!

MapmyIndia 'NaviMaps' Navigation App for iOS Now Available for Download

MapmyIndia on Monday has released its NaviMaps application for iOS devices. The navigation app was already available for devices running Android 2.2 Froyo or higher.

Quote:
"We launched NaviMaps about two months back on the Google Play store. The response has been overwhelming.[..] We now extend this offering to all Apple users in India who can now enjoy India's best maps loaded with advanced features and offline functionality on NaviMaps," said Rakesh Verma, Managing Director, MapmyIndia.
The NaviMaps app (version 1.3.0) is available via the App Store as a free download. Users can also try full pro-guidance features for 3-days and can purchase them from within the app for Rs. 620 at any time.

Optimised for iPhone 5, the NaviMaps app is compatible with all iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices running iOS 5 or higher versions. Users can also store maps on the device to navigate without an Internet connection.

More news HERE
Old 1st August 2014, 12:46   #6
BHPian

A small query to th guys already using the app. I bought but the pro guidance for 9.99$ but I'm not able to see the 3D buildings. Can anyone throw some light on this? This issue is on IOS
Amarendranath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2014, 11:06   #7
BHPian

I installed this app as Sygic was crashing on my Xiaomi Mi3.
Initial impressions are when compared to Sygic, i'm not able to re-route to any place as in Sygic manually.
Only one route was showing to a destination. Tried from my home to maddur.

Ramki
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2014, 07:43   #8
BHPian

Navi maps is free only for limited days. Is there any reliable navigation app which can be used offline apart from sygic?
Thanks,
Ramki
ramki067 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 17:38   #9
BHPian

I just downloaded and installed Navimaps on my Android phone. This is the full version and it cost Rs 599 on the play store. I got this primarily because I have a floppy data connection which doesn't download details on google maps when i need it.
I downloaded only the maps for South India on my SD Card. The states covered are Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar, Lakshwadeep and Pondicherry.

A short write-up:-
-The map is pretty detailed. Though I didn't see this by just looking at the maps, things got pretty intricate when i searched for them.
NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App-screenshot_20140826171331.png
NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App-screenshot_20140826170854.png

-Clicking on search will automatically list down nearby hotspots based on your location. The default state is the one you are in. Based on your search location, you have to choose the state at the top. You will get two options: Navigate to and Details
NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App-screenshot_20140826170923.png
NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App-screenshot_20140826170953.png

-Choosing Details will show address, phone number(if available) and other options(navigate to, show on map, nearby Points of Interest, Route from here, Set as home, Save to my places).

- Choosing Navigate to will start the navigation screen. This screen also shows the nearest Fuel stations.
NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App-screenshot_20140826171112.png

- As mentioned above, you can also save a list of places and routes for ease.
NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App-screenshot_20140826171225.png
NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App-screenshot_20140826171242.png

- Settings menu:-
NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App-screenshot_20140826171321.png

- Maps can be downloaded per region. Can be saved to phone or SD card:-
NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App-screenshot_20140826171302.png

Please note that this is neither a comparison with Google Maps nor the Mapmyindia GPS device itself. I have used Google Maps so far and love it for its user friendliness and detailing. I have not used any Mapmyindia GPS device before

Last edited by aneezan : 26th August 2014 at 17:42. Reason: Adding a few lines.
aneezan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2014, 18:12   #10
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to do your own custom routing in this app?
narayans80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 09:51   #11
BHPian

Have downloaded and tested.
Three days free period over and since they charge a reasonable Rs.600, may buy it.

(I already own Sygic)
manim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2014, 10:29   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

I'm just a bit confused and pissed. I already bought the sygic/mapmyindia over an year back. Then they made it free. Now they have relaunched it as a separate app with more features.

what about earlier customers like me who feel shafted?
phamilyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2014, 22:36   #13
BHPian

Navimaps is free for users who bought sygic as announced by them on FB. Send them an email. I got a free upgrade on sending the google play receipt
akg7091 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 14:54   #14
BHPian

Can someone please tell me whether in Navimaps one can add the destination name by typing the location name? At present I am seeing that one needs to long tap on the map to add the point, but destination can't be typed out in the search box. Also can someone tell me how do I add via points in the suggested route in the app?

Last edited by wanderer4x4 : 22nd December 2014 at 14:55.
wanderer4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2014, 16:51   #15
Senior - BHPian

Smile Re: NaviMaps - MapmyIndia launches OFFLINE 3D Navigation App

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderer4x4 View Post
Can someone please tell me whether in Navimaps one can add the destination name by typing the location name? At present I am seeing that one needs to long tap on the map to add the point, but destination can't be typed out in the search box. Also can someone tell me how do I add via points in the suggested route in the app?
Yes you can add destination name using the search option, select the state also. To start with search for destination say A using the search option. Once the route is seen, check if correct or select alternative routes which will show alternate routes for the same destination. Once confirmed, save the route. Open the saved route, again search for destination say B. You will get two options - navigate & Details. Click on details where you get an option to add the B as destination. The route gets updated, save the route. Keep adding destination C, D and so forth. This is what I learnt after a struggle.
ghodlur is offline   Reply With Quote