Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2009, 13:01   #286
Senior - BHPian
 
nishantgandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,219
Thanked: 150 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Sony has slashed the prices of PS2. It now costs 99 USD in the US. Can we expect similar cuts in the Indian version too ? I guess the PS2 now retails at 6450, last checked at eZone.

I am looking at a PS2 because its very affordable, unlike the XBOX and the PS3. I am not into heavy gaming. But dont mind spending a few hours during the weekends.
Me also looking at PS2 for the exact same reason. I am not heavily into gaming and hence dont want to spend too much for a PS3/Xbox. And anyways, I am not into Blu-Ray or for that matter, even watching movie DVDs off a gaming console.

I would be happy to pick up a PS2 if it comes that cheap.

BTW, does PS2 have HDMI or Component Video out?
nishantgandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:21   #287
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Nope the PS2 doesn't have those. You get an optical out though.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:34   #288
BHPian
 
ajayr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 16 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishantgandhi View Post
BTW, does PS2 have HDMI or Component Video out?
There are component audio-video cables available for PS2 on eBay.
ajayr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2009, 18:57   #289
Senior - BHPian
 
ramie2400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,900
Thanked: 57 Times
Default

@nishant i would suggest you look around on orkut for PS2 group/community,someone of the other might be selling PS2's for real cheap and suerly you can get it after a wise bargain,its the same how i got mine PS2 for 2k with 65dvd game titles

Theres no issue of heating atleast mine,i have the Fat PS2
ramie2400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 16:01   #290
BHPian
 
adhiraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BLR/CCU
Posts: 62
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Hi Guys, my bro was looking out for an used PS2, and recently he got a 7 months old one for which the buyer is quoting 4500 INR. Now am not into so much of gaming so dont have any idea regarding the prices that are prevailing in the market right now. All I could make out from speaking with the seller is that he has some mods done in which the ps2 can read original as well as pirated disks. along with the PS2 he is giving 3 games free. Now guys I need your suggestions whether my bro should go for this deal or not. Any kind of suggetions are very much welcomed. Is there any way where I could check the console whether its performing all right or not??

---Adhiraj
adhiraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 17:52   #291
Senior - BHPian
 
shuvc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 2,895
Thanked: 282 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainheader View Post
Sony has slashed the prices of PS2. It now costs 99 USD in the US. Can we expect similar cuts in the Indian version too ? I guess the PS2 now retails at 6450, last checked at eZone.
Yep. Price has dropped here too. It's around 5.9k now.
shuvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd May 2009, 23:08   #292
BHPian
 
adhiraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BLR/CCU
Posts: 62
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Hi Guys, my bro was looking out for an used PS2, and recently he got a 7 months old one for which the buyer is quoting 4500 INR. Now am not into so much of gaming so dont have any idea regarding the prices that are prevailing in the market right now. All I could make out from speaking with the seller is that he has some mods done in which the ps2 can read original as well as pirated disks. along with the PS2 he is giving 3 games free. Now guys I need your suggestions whether my bro should go for this deal or not. Any kind of suggetions are very much welcomed. Is there any way where I could check the console whether its performing all right or not??

---Adhiraj


guys I made a major mistake, my bro is gonna buy and its the seller who is quoting 4500. So i need your advice. thanks

---- Adhiraj
adhiraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 16:26   #293
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,023
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Got a Sony PS II, but because it plays only original DVDs i got it chipped from the after market, enjoyed it for may be a month, and now the PS II is only a show piece, has any body else gone for a fitments from the after market, is there anything which can be done now.
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2010, 19:17   #294
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Got a Sony PS II, but because it plays only original DVDs i got it chipped from the after market, enjoyed it for may be a month, and now the PS II is only a show piece, has any body else gone for a fitments from the after market, is there anything which can be done now.
You mean it just stopped working? My friend got it done a couple of weeks back... still working properly.

Probably take it back to the same guy and ask him if anything can be done.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 10:29   #295
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,023
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Nope, it works but the battery backup is not very good as it was earlier.
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 11:27   #296
BHPian
 
surd_biker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 116
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Got a Sony PS II, but because it plays only original DVDs i got it chipped from the after market, enjoyed it for may be a month, and now the PS II is only a show piece, has any body else gone for a fitments from the after market, is there anything which can be done now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruchirtnt View Post
Nope, it works but the battery backup is not very good as it was earlier.
You said you bought a PSII and your next post mentions about battery backup! PS II doesn't work on battery Did you get a PSP or a PS II?
surd_biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 12:48   #297
BHPian
 
Rotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 925
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

I have a PS2 . I have a NFS game and an utter waste hanuman game (this was a gift to my son by someone, so really didnt have a say in the selection of the games CD). I would like to get some more games, so where can i find good DVD's in bangalore around koramangla area. Also what are the best games available for PS2. Any information on the prices will be really helpful.

i also have a PSP but being a total noob to gaming gadgets I am unable to figure out how to go about getting more games for this. It came with 3 gaming catridges, but where can i find more games. It seems, the games can also be downloaded from the net. Can anybody good in these gaming consoles PM me the email Id so that i can clarify my doubts offline than spamming the forum with totally stupid questions since i am a complete noob when it comes to gadgets.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 13th January 2010 at 12:52.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 13:20   #298
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotorhead View Post
I have a PS2 . I have a NFS game and an utter waste hanuman game (this was a gift to my son by someone, so really didnt have a say in the selection of the games CD). I would like to get some more games, so where can i find good DVD's in bangalore around koramangla area. Also what are the best games available for PS2. Any information on the prices will be really helpful.

i also have a PSP but being a total noob to gaming gadgets I am unable to figure out how to go about getting more games for this. It came with 3 gaming catridges, but where can i find more games. It seems, the games can also be downloaded from the net. Can anybody good in these gaming consoles PM me the email Id so that i can clarify my doubts offline than spamming the forum with totally stupid questions since i am a complete noob when it comes to gadgets.
Where did you buy your PS2? Is it NTSC or PAL.

Now PS2 games can be for adults as well as for children. Some of the adult games involve murder, sex and violence to a large extent and is not suitable for children.

The Top 25 PS2 Games of All Time - PS2 feature - at IGN

The 36 Best PS2 Games, Feature Story from GamePro

These have a list of the best PS2 games of all times. Take your pick based on adult/children category.

You will get original PS2 games in SP Road. Landmark is also an option. You will get PSP games there as well. Do not buy PS3 games. They will not work on PS2.

You have Google... Use it to find the best games for PSP as well.

Last edited by csentil : 13th January 2010 at 13:23.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 13:38   #299
BHPian
 
Rotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 925
Thanked: 17 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Where did you buy your PS2? Is it NTSC or PAL.

have Google... Use it to find the best games for PSP as well.
thanks for the quick response sentil. I am not aware of what NTSC or PAL mean but like i said it was gifted by someone but am pretty sure it was brought in one of the bangalore stores only. Will check out landmark for the CD's. Not interested in the adult ones, i am looking forward to getting some good racing games like GT4 or some rally game. Any chance that sapphire or any of the sony showrooms will have these game CD's. How much do these cost ?.

Last edited by Rotorhead : 13th January 2010 at 13:39.
Rotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 14:23   #300
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Ok... If you got your PS2 from US its most likely NTSC and if its from India its PAL. Lets leave it at that

Check the Hanuman CD that they gave you.. It should mention PAL/NTSC.... You need to buy what's compatible with your player.

Read the reviews in the links I've sent and you can pick some really good ones.

I've not seen any games available in Sony showrooms. Last heard in SP road they cost somewhere from 500-1000 bucks depending on their popularity.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XBox 360, Playstation and other gaming consoles DCEite Gadgets, Computers & Software 1430 14th August 2017 23:56
The Digital Camera Thread: Questions, discussions, etc. satish_appasani Gadgets, Computers & Software 5454 20th June 2017 21:10
EBC - Mount Everest Base Camp Trek Thread - Queries/Questions/Tips/Planning KSM-Vtec Route / Travel Queries 20 19th October 2016 08:11
Playstation 2 repair in Mumbai. iceman7 Gadgets, Computers & Software 15 27th November 2008 14:57
nitroxx's 300 GB Playstation 3: DIY and pictures nitroxx Gadgets, Computers & Software 11 1st October 2008 10:23


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:27.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks