Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 13th September 2017, 21:14   #2491
BHPian

Default Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuHasstMich View Post
Folks, any idea when the Jio DTH is expected to hit the market?
Tatasky is now costing a bomb, it was 15+k for us this year, 4 TVs with HD boxes.
(
Even I am waiting for Reliance Jio DTH. The subscription costs of Tata Sky are way too high. We can hope that Jio brings the same disruptive business model to the DTH arena as it did in the the mobile business.
I usually renew my subscription for a year, but this time have renewed for 6 months.

There were some rumors floating around a few months ago but all that seems to have dried up.

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 13th September 2017 at 21:16.
hiren.mistry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th September 2017, 10:13   #2492
BHPian

Those rumors must have an element of truth because for the first time in the past 12-15 years of Zee Dish I got an offer of almost 33% extra on short term recharges. Pay for three months and get four months. Something must be delaying Reliance because the offer has reduced with Zee DTH now.
diyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 01:16   #2493
BHPian

Default Re: Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available

Help required to source Videocon D2H DVR remote which has a record button on top. My remote died about 4 months ago and the customer care and local service centre has not been able to give a replacement. I have got nothing but assurances and nothing else. I tried browsing on E-commerce sites but i could not see any thing matching my remote. It looks like this with a red button top for recording.
Attached Thumbnails
Direct-To-Home television in India. Update DTH UHD (4K) now available-tmp_imag1007598069825.jpg  

srinivaspai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2017, 05:18   #2494
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
Help required to source Videocon D2H DVR remote which has a record button on top.
Most small electronic (multipurpose) shops - like the ones on SP Road in Bengaluru - can get you this. If you aren't comfortable purchasing from these places, then you can always request GIRIYAS to source one for you. I remember getting a similar remote for a friend a long while back.
dailydriver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2017, 13:47   #2495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivaspai View Post
Help required to source Videocon D2H DVR remote which has a record button on top. My remote died about 4 months ago and the customer care and local service centre has not been able to give a replacement. I have got nothing but assurances and nothing else. I tried browsing on E-commerce sites but i could not see any thing matching my remote. It looks like this with a red button top for recording.
Videocon should be able to replace this, check with them again? Last time i remember replacing remote for Rs 250 from Videocon D2H customer care service.
shamanth is offline   Reply With Quote