Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 13th April 2015, 16:12   #76
BHPian

Default Re: Airtel wants to charge extra for VOIP EDIT : Deferred for now

Airtel's other cheap tricks-
1. If you are on a CUG plan and call another airtel non-CUG number then it will be charged in full and not even discounted against quota of your plan's free local calls. However if u call a non-airtel mobile it will be discounted against your free local calls quota.

2. MyPlans are being marketed like any thing but the value of myplan packs are silently diminishing.
previously(about 6 months back- AP circle)
1 my pack=100 local calls, 1mypack = 135MB 3G data
currently
1 my pack=90 local calls, 1mypack = 120MB 3G data

I am disgusted with the ethics of this company from the bottom of my heart.

Last edited by huntrz : 13th April 2015 at 16:14.
huntrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 16:28   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntrz View Post
Airtel's other cheap tricks-
1. If you are on a CUG plan and call another airtel non-CUG number then it will be charged in full and not even discounted against quota of your plan's free local calls. However if u call a non-airtel mobile it will be discounted against your free local calls quota.

2. MyPlans are being marketed like any thing but the value of myplan packs are silently diminishing.
previously(about 6 months back- AP circle)
1 my pack=100 local calls, 1mypack = 135MB 3G data
currently
1 my pack=90 local calls, 1mypack = 120MB 3G data

I am disgusted with the ethics of this company from the bottom of my heart.
I didn't know the non-CUG trick. Will have to check my bill in detail. I got an increased number this time and thought maybe it was the taxes. But there seems a deeper problem.

Frankly, if I have 1000 minutes, I should be able to call any number of my wish without any restrictions.

I second your other point on My Plan. I was lucky enough to change to it before the reduction happened. Ethics is not Airtel's strong point I guess.

There was no mention of it as well in their site. Only that it displayed the current values available for each pack.
SchumiFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 18:15   #78
BHPian

A correction- Its vice versa, i.e. calls made from non-CUG Airtel number to a CUG Airtel number is charged, always.

Another twist is that if 2 airtel numbers are on different CUGs(CUG is identified by a parent id attached to it) then call to each other will again be charged without getting discounted.

I guess there is no end to this madness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiFan View Post
Frankly, if I have 1000 minutes, I should be able to call any number of my wish without any restrictions.
Airtel myplans only offer mobile minutes as free calls. No free landline local/STD calls. No idea why.

Last edited by huntrz : 13th April 2015 at 18:17.
huntrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 19:59   #79
Senior - BHPian

If after paying extra for a certain 'pack', a customer has to refer a permutation/combination sheet before making a bleeding phone call, where's the 'convenience' exactly?
Chetan_Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2015, 20:27   #80
Senior - BHPian

Recently picked up a Moto G on Flipkart for an elderly relative. The phone came with a free 2 month internet plan from Airtel - 1GB of 3G data. Got that activated, and was working fine, now, a month later, her prepaid balance is wiped out, and it appears that Airtel has been charging her for the data consumption after only 1 month of free data usage. Come on Airtel. You're just ruining the entire user experience.
Lalvaz is offline   Reply With Quote