Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2012, 01:14   #1201
BHPian
 
Saanil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 371
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2max6 View Post
I meant the AV cables from the PS3. Make sure only the HDMI is connected.
If nothing works u'll have to do a hard reset.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings View Post
Have you tried a Video reset?

With the PS3 in stand by mode (red light on front of the PS3), hold the power button down until you hear a couple of beeps .
Hi,

I have done what both of you have suggested. But here is the issue: I connect the PS3 to the TV only via HDMI and do not connect the AV cables. Now when I switch on the PS3 (normal mode and the one where you keep the button pressed for the 2nd beep), the welcome screen or some other screen should come right? So in order to check that, I change the TV source - I check both AV mode and HDMI mode and in both modes I just see a blank screen.

So in order to see the welcome screen I connect the AV cable again and switch the TV source to AV mode and then only I can the welcome screen. But then it is not HDMI.

Even manual method is not working i.e. going via settings and Display options.
Saanil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 07:03   #1202
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,619
Thanked: 1,238 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post

Hi,

I have done what both of you have suggested. But here is the issue: I connect the PS3 to the TV only via HDMI and do not connect the AV cables. Now when I switch on the PS3 (normal mode and the one where you keep the button pressed for the 2nd beep), the welcome screen or some other screen should come right? So in order to check that, I change the TV source - I check both AV mode and HDMI mode and in both modes I just see a blank screen.

So in order to see the welcome screen I connect the AV cable again and switch the TV source to AV mode and then only I can the welcome screen. But then it is not HDMI.

Even manual method is not working i.e. going via settings and Display options.
Why don't you contact Sony customer care and ask them to sort out the issue? I presume your box is under warranty. Or you could call up and ask them the procedure to connect to tv using hdmi cable
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 09:29   #1203
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 507
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Have a couple of PS3 games which I dont play. Is there a exchange program where I can resale the games and get a new one?
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 13:09   #1204
BHPian
 
Su-47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 617
Thanked: 87 Times
Default Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Su-47 View Post
Enticed by better prices for the gaming software, ended up buying four titles in the US (Kinect Sports Ultimate, Disneyland adventures, Forza Horizon and Dance Central-3). Reading fine print on the boxes, I see that the games would only work on NTSC systems. Naturally, my Xbox bought in India is a PAL one. So would any of these games work for me? I can open the covers and pop it in to check, but, if it is sure to not work I'm thinking a sealed pack would be easier to return or resell...
Update: All games work on my PAL console. Yay!!
Su-47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 17:05   #1205
BHPian
 
k2max6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 482
Thanked: 129 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saanil View Post

Hi,

I have done what both of you have suggested.

Even manual method is not working i.e. going via settings and Display options.
See if this helps:
http://www.fixya.com/support/t301999...ating_tv#bmb=1

Try with another HDTV as well if possible.
Otherwise contact Sony, if in warranty.
k2max6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2012, 22:52   #1206
Senior - BHPian
 
harry10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Faridabad/Delhi
Posts: 2,217
Thanked: 554 Times
Default Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Have a couple of PS3 games which I dont play. Is there a exchange program where I can resale the games and get a new one?
Games trading is done in the forums of this site. http://www.indianvideogamer.com
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 10:59   #1207
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 507
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Games trading is done in the forums of this site. http://www.indianvideogamer.com
Did a register, but the trading thread is protected
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 12:36   #1208
BHPian
 
kingofkings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 51
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10

Games trading is done in the forums of this site. http://www.indianvideogamer.com
Try croma or landmark stores. They take used games.
kingofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th December 2012, 17:14   #1209
BHPian
 
dre@ms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Singara Chennai
Posts: 507
Thanked: 130 Times
Default Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings View Post
Try croma or landmark stores. They take used games.
Have seen landmark having this scheme. Does croma too have? Let me check up with them.
dre@ms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 07:30   #1210
BHPian
 
punterccrx8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 716
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Hey guys.I bought the 12gb Ps3 recently.I would like to know where i could get the hard drive mounting bracket for it in bangalore?Sony seems to have not included it in the Ps3 :/
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th December 2012, 23:40   #1211
BHPian
 
akhil_rpmlover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: KL-01
Posts: 125
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Games trading is done in the forums of this site. http://www.indianvideogamer.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
Did a register, but the trading thread is protected
IVG is a popular forum and i suggest you register there and have a look at the deals. Its in a way safe too.
@dreams : check your PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
Hey guys.I bought the 12gb Ps3 recently.I would like to know where i could get the hard drive mounting bracket for it in bangalore?Sony seems to have not included it in the Ps3 :/
harddrive mounting bracket ? What do you mean ? You want to change your HDD to a larger one ? If that's the case, you can do it yourself.
akhil_rpmlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 15:03   #1212
BHPian
 
punterccrx8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 716
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
harddrive mounting bracket ? What do you mean ? You want to change your HDD to a larger one ? If that's the case, you can do it yourself.
I mean the hard drive caddy.Which they didnt bother to include in the 12 gb model :/
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 15:54   #1213
BHPian
 
punterccrx8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 716
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akhil_rpmlover View Post
harddrive mounting bracket ? What do you mean ? You want to change your HDD to a larger one ? If that's the case, you can do it yourself.
I mean the hard drive caddy,the casing around the hard drive in the slot.Sony doesnt seem to have included it in the 12 gb version :/
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 19:07   #1214
BHPian
 
kingofkings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 51
Thanked: 12 Times
Default Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by punterccrx8s View Post
I mean the hard drive caddy,the casing around the hard drive in the slot.Sony doesnt seem to have included it in the 12 gb version :/
Try ebay. Did a search and found a few hits.
kingofkings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2012, 21:44   #1215
BHPian
 
punterccrx8s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 716
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: The big fight: Xbox 360 or Playstation 3 ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingofkings View Post
Try ebay. Did a search and found a few hits.
Not online.I wanted to know if itll be available at any shop.And also if i add an external harddrive to my 12gb ps3 will i lose the 12 gb space?Its flash memory.
punterccrx8s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gaming Consoles - the best ? normally_crazy Shifting gears 36 20th October 2012 19:22
Xbox 360 Elite gone!! MY new Bluray toy!!! nitroxx Gadgets, Computers & Software 7 29th February 2008 06:12
Xbox 360 Game trade R32_GTR Shifting gears 4 12th December 2007 04:18
XBox 360 chaxy Gadgets, Computers & Software 7 26th November 2005 15:23
xbox 360 - spec details gkrishn Gadgets, Computers & Software 6 28th May 2005 01:24


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 00:41.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks