Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 11th May 2006, 13:54   #76
Senior - BHPian

I am currently using Norton Antivirus 2006..
With Norton Internet Security 2006..

Cheers,
Mugen_Power.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 14:04   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Is there any site out there that compares the best anti-virus softwares? Need to decide on which one to get for the office.

Currently using Norton 10, but not too happy with it. Its also essential that the I get one with a real time spyware/adware blocker.
I have uploaded a recent magazine review. You can d/l it from :

http://www.badongo.com/file/633808
bigman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 14:16   #78
Team-BHP Support

Thanks bigman!

Thats exactly what I was looking for!
Rtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 15:43   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtech
Is there any site out there that compares the best anti-virus softwares? Need to decide on which one to get for the office.

Currently using Norton 10, but not too happy with it. Its also essential that the I get one with a real time spyware/adware blocker.
You can try reviews on CNET.com
This is a very old guide (2002)
Or you can try the Review page the interface isn't that great but you can get some information with help of search.
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 16:21   #80
BHPian

We use Mcafee in our office for desktop protection, along with Windows Firewall. The new McAfee comes with it's on IDS so you wont require a seperate IDS. Note that as with any Anti Virus Software protection depends on how you are keeping updated with the latest dat updates from the vendor , now a days new updates are getting release at least once in 2 days. Also it's better to keep your desktops updated with the latest security patches.

Deepu
deepug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2006, 11:11   #81
ECM
BHPian

I have not read whole threads but can bet that most of you are using Nortan which is a crap.It fails to find trojans and has a poor records in it.I am using Bitdefender which includes firewall,antispam,antispyware,parental control i.e 4 in 1 and till this date it never let me down.Few things all must observe,do not open attachments in mails if you are using POP(outlook)from strangers.Why strangers even some one can spoof you and can send you a mail using your own email address,nothing is full proof if you are fool ! 99% of ppl get effected by virus coz they try to see attachments in mail named funny vdos,sexy pics etc..etc...Internet is safe if you allow yourself to think what to do and what not to do.

Last edited by ECM : 13th May 2006 at 11:12.
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2006, 12:11   #82
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Well, I do use Norton and dont think that its crap at all. I run three scans every week as part of computer maintenance : Norton, Microsoft Defender and Lavasoft adaware. As part of security, I also use the Sygate firewall.

Havent had a virus on my laptop in 3 years.

GTO
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2006, 22:14   #83
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

I use Microsoft Windows OneCare and Windows Defender and i must say i am too much impressed. I used to use Norton and every time a spyware comes it used to say "Cannot Clean file, cannot delted file, Sending to quarantine". It still piches me that i spent money on buying originla Norton.

The earlier norton version which came with my ASUS Mainborad was quiet good. I think 2001 or 2002 one.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2006, 10:33   #84
ECM
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO
Well, I do use Norton and dont think that its crap at all. I run three scans every week as part of computer maintenance : Norton, Microsoft Defender and Lavasoft adaware. As part of security, I also use the Sygate firewall.

Havent had a virus on my laptop in 3 years.

GTO
GTO Nortan always has a prob when u uninstall it and it left good amount of debries after that.Not only that it is a big system hogger and slows your O.S(operating system).There are other tiny but effective avs also available.I love to see you use Sygate firewall,the best one so far like outpost f.w.
ECM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2006, 10:54   #85
Senior - BHPian

I use AVG free edition.

Light but effective..
DCEite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2006, 11:09   #86
BHPian

I use McAfee enterprise 7.0, its very good and easy to use. Had quite bad experience with Norton.
sridhar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 18:45   #87
Senior - BHPian

I use trend micro.

day before yesterday i saw a icon on the taskbar blinking with red and blue color (day before my relative used it). upon clicking it takes me to a website "antivirgear". lots of false virus alerts were displayed at constant intervals. even i was not able to log on to team-bhp and was redirected to a different site. my default homepage was changed. (luckily i tried team-bhp.com (without adding "forum") and logged in now

browsed through net and found it to be anti-spyware. yet to get my turn from technical people to get it fixed.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 18:59   #88
BHPian

AVG free version ....
heard that avast free version is good and better
rranjith_kum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 19:05   #89
Senior - BHPian

AVG Professional version.
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2007, 19:11   #90
BHPian

Me use NOD32+Spybot S&D. No firewall (im behind a router with builtin FW). Touchwood since the past couple of years!
chvvkumar is offline   Reply With Quote