Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 27th September 2009, 13:21   #46
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sha View Post
See I have many OTR Videos but background audio has many interesting talk which I guess is against the forum rule so I need to be edit background audio talk.
Ah ok.

If you're on Windows XP - i'd suggest Windows movie maker, only because its probably already on your system, so will be the quickest and easiest option!

Its not the most feature filled program, but it will do fine for putting an MP3 as the background music to your video, and then compressing the video to WMV.

One possible deal breaker - it won't allow you to import .mov files (incase thats what your cam produces).

cya
R

PS - Heres a video tutorial on how to add audio (there are many on youtube).
(Just make sure the TASKS button on the toolbar is selected in the movie maker program - it will show that useful left side menu)

Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 12:43   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Which software to use for editing videos ?

Reviving a very old thread.

Whats the most user-friendly program to edit videos for the Windows platform? I am looking to edit a video I had shot on my mobile - 3gp video. I also want the feature to remove certain frames from the video. Something free would be great!
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 22:02   #48
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
I also want the feature to remove certain frames from the video. Something free would be great!
Windows movie maker (which comes with some versions of Windows 7) is pretty decent and straightforward.

cya
R
Rehaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2014, 22:46   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rehaan View Post
Windows movie maker (which comes with some versions of Windows 7) is pretty decent and straightforward.

cya
R
Ah, not sure if it is installed on my machine. Will check. I am running Windows 7 Ultimate. Thanks!

EDIT - see that it is available for a free download. Will check it out.

Last edited by naveenroy : 31st December 2014 at 22:47.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 12:19   #50
Senior - BHPian

You may also try Lightworks:
http://www.lwks.com/index.php?option...oad&Itemid=206
alpha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2015, 13:12   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Reviving a very old thread.

Whats the most user-friendly program to edit videos for the Windows platform? I am looking to edit a video I had shot on my mobile - 3gp video. I also want the feature to remove certain frames from the video. Something free would be great!
I use a software called videopad editor by nch software. It is not free but the trial is a full version. Use it to edit my dash cam videos. Handles large size full HD videos comfortably. Lot of options. Quite impressed with it.
Rajeevraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2017, 18:03   #52
BHPian

Hi friends,

bumped to this thread, and didn't see much activity herein since a while.
In today's times we see hundreds of video daily being uploaded & shared on the social media circles, and several options has emerged. Even the action cam vendors have started providing their video editing software!

Though Im not really into video editing, I have few times used Windows Movie Maker. Recently came across a nice product "BLENDER" (free & open source). Its far more than any regular video editing tool, as it can do rendering, modelling, 3D, animation etc. After seeing a tutorial video, once I did try my hands, and it seems easy, but really very vast. I didnt pursue it actually.

regards,
Pranav
pcpranav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2017, 00:21   #53
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Recently came across a nice product "BLENDER" (free & open source). Its far more than any regular video editing tool, as it can do rendering, modelling, 3D, animation etc. After seeing a tutorial video, once I did try my hands, and it seems easy, but really very vast. I didnt pursue it actually.
Wow. It is installed on my Linux system, and (not that I much take/edit videos anyway) have never thought to look at it as it seems very powerful, and with a frightening learning curve. Had also thought it was just for the 3-D and animation work.
Thad E Ginathom is offline   Reply With Quote