Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 31st December 2006, 16:32   #106
Senior - BHPian

1. HTC has announced their roadmap for 2007. There are 3 h-o-t hot devices in the pipeline. Info on pocketpcthoughts.com (I'm on the road now, and posting from my XDA 2i. GPRS is no fun, and a hassle now. So please excuse me for not giving more here)

2. HTC's subsidiary Dopod opened offices in India last week. We shoul have all the HTC devices under the Dopod brand in India shortly :-) yippee!
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st December 2006, 16:47   #107
BHPian

Eten M700 is the best buy IMHO, as of now..has everthing one could ask for!!
netarchie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 08:30   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarchie View Post
Eten M700 is the best buy IMHO, as of now..has everthing one could ask for!!
Eten M700 has got side-sliding QWERTY keyboard to its predecessor M600. This quad-band PPC is running Windows Mobile 5.0, combines GPS and WiFi functionality, features QVGA touch-sensitive display and 2 megapixel camera, Bluetooth and MicroSD slot. It is powered by 400MHz Samsung processor and 128/64 MB memory.
However, No 3G
Ketan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st January 2007, 10:53   #109
Senior - BHPian

About the HTC roadmap I'd mentioned yesterday:

Quote:
It looks like HTC has a busy year ahead of itself with a slew of new devices - some we have heard of before, and some we have not. On the Pocket PC front, there's the Omni (the rumoured HTC Universal upgrade) with a 3.6" VGA display and a QWERTY keyboard, and most likely, a powerful CPU and a good handful of wireless radios. There's also the Kaiser, which should have a similar set of features and form factor to the E-TEN Glofiish M700 (integrated GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and QVGA display), but with the added bonus of 3G support.

Moving on, there's the Panda and its 3.5"-3.7" QVGA display, 400MHz CPU, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and support for GSM/GPRS/EDGE (note, no 3G). And then there's the Elf (we think HTC's designers have been watching a few too many Will Ferrell films as of late), pictured above - a low-end Pocket PC Phone with a touchpad, Bluetooth, a 200MHz CPU, and notably, no Wi-Fi. Lastly, we can't forget the Athena. You know what it's capable of. Expect it in the first quarter of the new year at a price point of $1700... which I'm guessing is money better spent elsewhere. Laptop or UMPC, anyone?
Source: Pocket PC Thoughts - Daily News, Views, Rants and Raves

More info & pics here: HTC Roadmap 2007 :: КПК Pocket PC, Palm, коммуникаторы - www.HPC.ru
Old 1st January 2007, 11:07   #110
Senior - BHPian

On the Dopod launch in India I'd mentioned yesterday:

From MSMobiles: msmobiles.com - HTC enters India market by opening Dopod India

From Techtree (more details about launched products): Techtree.com India > News > Gadgets > Dopod in India with Three Handsets

From the minuscule pics on Techtree, it looks like they are launching clones of the HTC Excalibur, Herald & the Prophet.

EDIT: Dopod Asia website: Dopod International Corp.

From the specs, I think I am correct about these being clones of the HTC Excalibur, HTC Herald & the HTC Prophet. Good!

Quote:
The Dopod C720W, C800 and 818 Pro will be commercially available in the market in January 2007 at a price of Rs 30677, Rs 45101, and Rs 32184.
Source: the Techtree article mentioned above.

Last edited by hydrashok : 1st January 2007 at 11:10.
Old 1st January 2007, 20:32   #111
BHPian

Thumbs up Thanks for input guys!!!

Many thanks for the enormous inputs!!!!

hydrashok, will check out the link and revert...
Ketan & Netarchie, 3G is very important yaaaar!!
dhanlalan, Am eagerly waiting to study the HTC models dude!! Thanks

cheers!!
nikkibike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2007, 16:46   #112
BHPian

sorry for bringing up this thread
but i need to buy a smartphone/pda soon and need some input

i have kind of shortlisted the following
1. Imate Jamin/Dopod D818/Qtek S200

2.O2 XDA Atom Life

3. HTC Trinity/HTC p3600/Dopod D810

i need something moderately fast, so processor is important. also need it to run windows mobile, i DO NOT care about the camera. thickness smaller the better as it has to go into pockets without a bulge

so which of the 3 is ideal? the jamin i have read can be overclocked a bit to make it faster and its bout 24k Rs.
The others might be more expensive?
suggestions on which to get?
cheap_deal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2007, 20:46   #113
BHPian

^^ no one has used any of the phones listed above?? im sure there are some tech junkies on t-bhp along with all the petrolheads.
Old 26th May 2007, 21:37   #114
BHPian

Why dont you try P990i
My roommate just got a P990i for 19k.
An all rounder i would say
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 12:17   #115
BHPian

its fugly and besides it does not have windows mobile. can anyone suggest one from the ones i have mentioned above?
Old 27th May 2007, 15:45   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post

2.O2 XDA Atom Life

i need something moderately fast, so processor is important. also need it to run windows mobile, i DO NOT care about the camera. thickness smaller the better as it has to go into pockets without a bulge
O2 XDA Life is the best. The HTC Trinity is very impressive on features but has a slow processor - it creaks if you put in just one additional application.

XDA Life is a faster processor AND 1 GB of onboard memory. You cant beat that combo. If only it had GPS too!!!

I dont know why you consider the Jamin with the other two, so I wont comment. Its not remotely comparable.

HTC has better support than O2, but O2 have EVENTUALLY sorted out whatever issues they have had - just that it took a lot of time.

Last edited by Steeroid : 27th May 2007 at 15:47.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2007, 21:41   #117
sun
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheap_deal View Post
sorry for bringing up this thread
but i need to buy a smartphone/pda soon and need some input

2.O2 XDA Atom Life

so which of the 3 is ideal? the jamin i have read can be overclocked a bit to make it faster and its bout 24k Rs.
The others might be more expensive?
suggestions on which to get?

don't ever go for the imate jamin of variants of the HTC Prophet. Not worth it with the pathetic 200 Mhz TI OMAP Processor. believe me, I have wasted my money on it.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 13:01   #118
BHPian

Is HTC available in the Indian market? Would anyone be knowing any dealers in Bangalore? And anyone have the latest heads up on when we are going to be seeing 3G in India?
MC Mayank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 13:41   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MC Mayank View Post
And anyone have the latest heads up on when we are going to be seeing 3G in India?
Soon. Vodafone will drive 3G, others will follow.
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2007, 13:51   #120
Senior - BHPian

I think BSNL will be in a good position to lead on the 3G front. They are thinking ahead with IPTV. In India its a positive sign that firms like BSNL (broadband), Maruti etc., are thinking faster.
srishiva is offline   Reply With Quote