Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 18th June 2016, 16:46   #1
BHPian

Default DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!

Hi guys, it's been a long time since I've had in my mind to do some kind of mods on my PC case to make it look a lot cooler so that it compliments my new Desk setup. The problem is, with a completely blacked out case, there's nothing you can actually do to give it some character from its clean stealthy design. My specifications are as follows,

Case : Corsair Carbide 200R
CPU : AMD FX 8320 Black edition
CPU cooler : CM hyper 212 evo
Motherboard : Asus M5A99FX Pro R2
PSU : Corsair GS600
GPU : AMD Radeon HD7850
Keyboard and Mouse : Dragonwar GKM-001 Combo

So, with very less options to do with my case I was looking out for ideas online. However, most of the stuff online cannot be implemented owning to unavailability of parts in india. So I decided to tone things down a bit and do something simple and unique. I finalized with an idea that I had in mind. For that, I would first have to paint the case. Not too much but only on the two side panels.

I chose down on white color for both the side panels. I was pretty sure that I wouldn't be efficient if I try to spray paint by myself with a spray can. So, I decided to make use of the air pump machine that we have which we use to paint the glasses to make them mirrors (our business). I went ahead and purchased the required colors from a nearby automobile paint shop. I needed a primer, clear coat paint, thinner and the actual main paint. The entire surface was prepped after putting it to some sand paper action and then the painting was done coat by coat leaving an interval of 30-45 minutes between each coat. A proper mixture of thinner and the paint has to be put in the handgun to ensure proper adhesion.

Once the painting was done, it's time to do the main idea that propelled the DIY. Team BHP stickers! I wanted to make the "got bhp?" Sticker the highlight of the entire mod. Unfortunately, I didn't have exactly that one from my previous purchase. So ordered another set of TBHP stickers. To make things streamlined, I also ordered carbon fiber vinyls from Amazon.

Sticking the carbon fiber vinyls was very frustrating! Reason? Air bubbles! You would require extreme patience and time to get a perfect fix. And I'm never patient. So after multiple tries, I finally ended up sticking them all properly. Sticking the TBHP stickers was a breeze. The compact size and no requirement of cutting the stickers made things much easier.

This is how the case looked before the mod :

Name:  ImageUploadedByTeamBHP1466248196.114917.jpg
Views: 8788
Size:  94.1 KB

And this is how it looks now :

DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466248232.101561.jpg

DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466248294.732123.jpg

DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466248334.542468.jpg

DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466248364.825178.jpg

DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!-imageuploadedbyteambhp1466248402.177312.jpg

Thanks for reading.
satz581993Mille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 13:31   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!

Super sexy, thanks for sharing .

I no longer use a desktop (have a docking station), but here's what my laptop looks like:
DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!-20160620_130542.jpg
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 14:33   #3
BHPian

Great Satz. That's something which never came across my mind!
Your case looks awesome with the white mix.

I just upgraded to an i5 6th gen last month with a brand new case - Antec GX505.
Was thinking of getting some funky stickers to have on it. Now I could try something with the Vinyl background as well. BTW, do you have a link to the Vinyl your ordered on Amazon? Just like You I think I might need to bring up a lot of patience to have this applied
unni246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 14:33   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I no longer use a desktop (have a docking station), but here's what my laptop looks like:
And this is what mine looks like.

DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!-img_20160620_142342.jpg
dZired is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 15:09   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Sticking the carbon fiber vinyls was very frustrating! Reason? Air bubbles! You would require extreme patience and time to get a perfect fix.
That's a cool DIY! I know the black box looks boring, your modes definitely gives a live feel. You could have avoided the bubbles by spraying shampoo water on the surface before placing the vinyl

Call me imprudent, somehow I am not too confident of pasting Team-BHP stickers on my cars, for I feel I may not be a 100% 'that driver' not to faulter 'anywhere any time', because I have come across some, with Team-BHP stickers, driving irresponsibly, and I did not want to be one looked as a bad apple, not that I am one

Now, I get ideas how to use the stickers. My desktop on my lapy looks like this :-)
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!-desktop.jpg  

Last edited by LoneRidder : 20th June 2016 at 15:12.
LoneRidder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 15:27   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Super sexy, thanks for sharing .

Thanks GTO! Your lappy looks very cool as well. I've always liked this TBHP sticker a lot and it fits itself perfectly anywhere. Infact, I've even replaced my LTD sticker on my car with this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unni246 View Post
Great Satz. That's something which never came across my mind!
Your case looks awesome with the white mix.

I just upgraded to an i5 6th gen last month with a brand new case - Antec GX505.
Was thinking of getting some funky stickers to have on it. Now I could try something with the Vinyl background as well. BTW, do you have a link to the Vinyl your ordered on Amazon? Just like You I think I might need to bring up a lot of patience to have this applied
Thanks unni! Your case looks great. It will definitely look sexy with some mods with the vinyls.

Here is the link : http://www.amazon.in/Tufkote-Carbon-...ilpage_o00_s00

It comes in different sizes and colors. For your case, if you don't wish to experiment with painting, you can give other punchy colors a shot and it will blend well with black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
That's a cool DIY! I know the black box looks boring, your modes definitely gives a live feel. You could have avoided the bubbles by spraying shampoo water on the surface before placing the vinyl

Call me imprudent, somehow I am not too confident of pasting Team-BHP stickers on my cars, for I feel I may not be a 100% 'that driver' not to faulter 'anywhere any time', because I have come across some, with Team-BHP stickers, driving irresponsibly, and I did not want to be one looked as a bad apple, not that I am one

Now, I get ideas how to use the stickers. My desktop on my lapy looks like this :-)
Thanks LoneRidder and that keyring also works as a nice wallpaper! And yeah, these days there are so many people with the stickers who drive irresponsibly and most of them have the fake TBHP stickers. I have a feeling that those who have the fake stickers have no idea about what this community is all about. They must be thinking that its some kind of a racing group and sticking it on to their vehicles will somehow make them cool.

Last edited by GTO : 21st June 2016 at 08:46. Reason: Removing extra smileys :)
satz581993Mille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2016, 21:17   #7
BHPian

This is what mine looks like
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!-1466437606341.jpg  

DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!-1466437633206.jpg  

damanshaheed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2016, 02:28   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satz581993Mille View Post
Hi guys, it's been a long time since I've had in my mind to do some kind of mods on my PC case to make it look a lot cooler so that it compliments my new Desk setup.
Wow, that looks amazing.

Not the laptop, but yes the Laptop bag shows off and does catch a couple of glimpses on the road.
Attached Thumbnails
DIY: A Team-BHP Computer Case!-wp_20160623_02_22_37_pro.jpg  

Last edited by mashmash : 23rd June 2016 at 02:29.
mashmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2016, 18:26   #9
BHPian

NOM, but we have content to start a new weird and wacky LAPTOP modification thread
saion666 is offline   Reply With Quote