Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 29th November 2006, 18:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Ohh maan... I dont have the component cables to verify this on my TV, but I dont want to be cheated..
Sorry I misunderstood your posts earlier.
sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2006, 22:38   #17
F50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madbullram View Post

Guys...be aware of Onida TVs
I have 2 Onida KY Thunders, 21 & 29 and Onida DVD player. All three working fine . And it almost nearing 4 years. It was some World Cup to World Cup offer where they gave us 4 years warranty. Now, in World Cup 2007 we'll exchange it.
Funda is simple, keep such things for around 5 years, use them sell them... have a nice known dealer who'll give lowest price along with personal discounts and voila you just keep enjoying things!!

I say take the new exchange TV that they are giving and if its performing not upto your expectations then screw them!!
F50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2006, 02:22   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Now that you have them on the mat, why dont you ask them for a full refund, instead of a replacement ?
Esteem: Even i want to but for the following reasons:

1. Consumer courts flooded wiht petitions so minimum of 5 months wait time
2. Court will ask a direct question when they are ready to replace why not take it? Then i need to argue etc

Better off with this..provided they aint charging any extra money
madbullram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2006, 06:57   #19
BHPian

take the new TV.
You will have got what you paid for - sort of wanted.
While Onida may not have paid in full, you have made many more people aware of the problem and the shoddy service- so that your good deed for the day

Only - Do NOT accept a circuit replacement job, make sure its a complete replacement witha a full warranty. satrting from the date of replacement
Revvhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2006, 10:54   #20
Senior - BHPian

if they are giving you a new TV,your problem will get solved,wont?so i suggest you take it.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2006, 11:24   #21
BHPian

take the replacement TV with assurance in writing that all the conditions applicable to the original TV are there with the replacement version also (guarantee & warranty).

ONIDA is a good brand & we (along with our 2 neighbours) have been enjoying it for over 16 years. bought it for the 1990 world cup.

but i smell an informer here. the day u post it on TBHP the next day u get a call. we are getting famous brothers
naveendhyani is offline   Reply With Quote