Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2008, 12:39   #1621
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,428
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Devi - 57.5k
Panasonic - 65k
Modern World - 60k
I have seen that Devi offers the best quote for anything you buy from them. I bought a Hitachi AC about a year back and needless to say, I got the best quote from them.

But, I had an issue there. For the installation, it was the Devi guys who came to our home. After a while, there was a problem when the AC gas got drained because of the installation not being proper. When I tried to contact Hitachi, they did not entertain my complaint as they were not the people who installed it. So, I had to ask Devi multiple times to come and rectify it and after some roof-top shouting, it was finally rectified. Of course, it has been 8 months since then and it is working fine.

My only problem with these type of people would be that they insist that they will install everything and once they do, you will not be able to talk to Panasonic if something goes wrong. So, make sure that you pay Panasonic for installation and not to Devi.
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 12:40   #1622
BHPian
 
nemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Sunday, I visited Devi electronics Jayanagar, Panasonic showroom Koramangala and Modern World M.G.Road. Here are the price details for PV80H:

Devi - 57.5k
Panasonic - 65k
Modern World - 60k
Thanks Selective, i was planning to go to Panasonic showroom today but looks like it's not needed. Devi's price seems to be inconsistent, @dash has posted this couple of days ago and he was given a quote of 56.5k, so our negotiation should start from 56.5 and not at 57.5. Please let us know once you hear from them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash View Post
Guys, I happened to stop by Devi's yesterday and found the below prices:
PV8H - 50K
PV80H - 56.5K

Obviously there might be some more discounts based on volumes and readiness to buy.
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 12:55   #1623
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 260
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepakhon View Post
But, I had an issue there. For the installation, it was the Devi guys who came to our home. After a while, there was a problem when the AC gas got drained because of the installation not being proper. When I tried to contact Hitachi, they did not entertain my complaint as they were not the people who installed it. So, I had to ask Devi multiple times to come and rectify it and after some roof-top shouting, it was finally rectified. Of course, it has been 8 months since then and it is working fine.

My only problem with these type of people would be that they insist that they will install everything and once they do, you will not be able to talk to Panasonic if something goes wrong. So, make sure that you pay Panasonic for installation and not to Devi.
Thanks for the useful information. Good to keep in mind while talking with them.

For the buyers, if they decline that they will not be able to send Panasonic guys for installation, what should be over option? Let me know before I start talking to them.
Selective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 13:01   #1624
BHPian
 
hemanthisgreat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 587
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Thanks for the useful information. Good to keep in mind while talking with them.

For the buyers, if they decline that they will not be able to send Panasonic guys for installation, what should be over option? Let me know before I start talking to them.
I think you guys should tell them that Panasonic guys should come for the installation before you start the rate negotiation. I have bought lots of electronic stuff from Devi and always it was the company guys of the respective brands, who came for the installation. I don't think they will decline to send the company guys for the installation, but maybe they will not include installation in the price, you may have to pay Panasonic for the installation.
hemanthisgreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 13:55   #1625
Senior - BHPian
 
panky12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 2,647
Thanked: 122 Times
Default

Guys.. how about a brand called "Vu"?
panky12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 14:01   #1626
BHPian
 
nemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabnavis View Post
I wanted to pick up an LCD and went looking for one yeaterday, I was completely taken in by the picture quality of the 32" plasma from LG, the dealer told me that LG was the sole manufacturer of plasma for the scale mentioned.

The differance was pretty obvious especially when he tuned all of the TV's to a sports channel, the best performance was from the plasma and the regular CRT's. Should i go in for the PLASMA.
read this thread from say the 60th page if you haven't yet and you will wonder why on earth is everyone talking and wanting to buy a Plasma in a "Buying a LCD TV" thread.

Last edited by nemo : 20th October 2008 at 14:05.
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 14:05   #1627
BHPian
 
dash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanthisgreat View Post
Congratulations. . How much did it cost and where did you buy it. Since it is a big investment using a stabilizer wouldn't hurt I suppose.
It came to 56K at Devi's. Yeah I will buy a stabilizer just for the sake of it.
dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 14:09   #1628
BHPian
 
dash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 58
Thanked: 0 Times
Default SPAR offer for PV80H

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
Thanks Selective, i was planning to go to Panasonic showroom today but looks like it's not needed. Devi's price seems to be inconsistent, @dash has posted this couple of days ago and he was given a quote of 56.5k, so our negotiation should start from 56.5 and not at 57.5. Please let us know once you hear from them.
I bought PV80H at Devi's for 56K and intrestingly found SPAR on Bhanneraghatta road also offer at the same price! I was not expecting SPAR to meet Devi's prices...
dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 14:47   #1629
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
read this thread from say the 60th page if you haven't yet and you will wonder why on earth is everyone talking and wanting to buy a Plasma in a "Buying a LCD TV" thread.
plasmas rock !! I was just thinking the mods should rename this thread to "Buying a TV" - given the amount of non-lcd (read plasma and even at times CRT) advise that is doled out here.

Mods - ??
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 14:57   #1630
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,874
Thanked: 247 Times
Default

Visited eZone this weekend, and saw these two 42" plasmas next to each other.
Panasonic PV70H: 60k
LG 42PG21: 55k

The PV7 was no longer available according to the salesman.

Does anyone know more about the LG? Decent price, and looked pretty good. Picture quality was a little less sharp than the Pana, but was also less grainy. The Pana had a good bit of disturbance (with the filter off - switching the filter on was making the picture a bit hazy). I had them run the same inputs on both TVs concurrently - Tata SKY (same signal shared across multiple monitors) and a DVD (football match). Somehow the LG looked better. There was a bit of external light falling on the Pana, which may have hampered the display.
The salesman kept saying that the Pana was a superior TV, but somehow couldn't validate his statement

Any inputs on this? LG v Pana, and are there any other 42" plasmas I could consider at this range?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
read this thread from say the 60th page if you haven't yet and you will wonder why on earth is everyone talking and wanting to buy a Plasma in a "Buying a LCD TV" thread.
Lol... fair observation. Maybe it's time to rename the thread "Buying an LCD or Plasma TV".
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 15:21   #1631
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 386
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Visited eZone this weekend, and saw these two 42" plasmas next to each other.
Panasonic PV70H: 60k
LG 42PG21: 55k

The PV7 was no longer available according to the salesman.

Does anyone know more about the LG? Decent price, and looked pretty good. Picture quality was a little less sharp than the Pana, but was also less grainy. The Pana had a good bit of disturbance (with the filter off - switching the filter on was making the picture a bit hazy). I had them run the same inputs on both TVs concurrently - Tata SKY (same signal shared across multiple monitors) and a DVD (football match). Somehow the LG looked better. There was a bit of external light falling on the Pana, which may have hampered the display.
The salesman kept saying that the Pana was a superior TV, but somehow couldn't validate his statement

Any inputs on this? LG v Pana, and are there any other 42" plasmas I could consider at this range?


Lol... fair observation. Maybe it's time to rename the thread "Buying an LCD or Plasma TV".
Hi, I picked the LG PG 21 42" 2 months back, so far very good,panasonic does look good but very slight difference,may the japanese panel makes a small difference.

tnx
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 16:37   #1632
Senior - BHPian
 
razor4077's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,874
Thanked: 247 Times
Default

Thanks Pradeep, good to know. What inputs do you run on your LG?
razor4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 16:39   #1633
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 386
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
Thanks Pradeep, good to know. What inputs do you run on your LG?
My Av reciever(THRU DVD), tata sky- rgb, DVD-Component, xbox-rgb.
no hdmi as of now.
PRADEEP KUMAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 17:06   #1634
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,172
Thanked: 1,072 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
Thanks for the useful information. Good to keep in mind while talking with them.

For the buyers, if they decline that they will not be able to send Panasonic guys for installation, what should be over option? Let me know before I start talking to them.
Err what is there to install in a TV . Plug in the power and signal cable and one is good to go. I don't think anyone else is needed for that.
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2008, 17:19   #1635
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,428
Thanked: 30 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Err what is there to install in a TV . Plug in the power and signal cable and one is good to go. I don't think anyone else is needed for that.
Choosing the place to mount the LCD, probably having some kind of a handle if you mount it on the wall, things like that. Of course, the rest is "plug and play" as you have suggested .
deepakhon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Movies, Documentaries, games, etc to Showcase your hi-def plasma/lcd & HTS jassi Shifting gears 58 28th December 2010 19:11
Underglow Thread: Please post pics & info of underglow(neon/LED/etc.) kit on your car DIY Guru Modifications & Accessories 1 18th November 2010 03:08
LCD TV or (LCD montior+VGA Box) for Wii? ashwin489 Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 20th July 2009 14:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 21:09.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks