Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:42   #1681
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Hey folks, just got back.. we booked the 42PV80 for 56K. But the bill will be given for 58.5K only.

Thanks a lot to Selective who had already done all the ground work. We have told the person in Devi that there will be more people coming in to get the Panasonic tv. That is why the rate is so less for us. nemo, rac and others, please avail this offer. 56K is a very good rate and I don't think anyone's gonna top that. Panasonic showroom isn't willing to budge below 62K.

For those interested in availing this offer talk to Selective, kvenkatt or yours truly before going there. Actually you don't even need to go there, send the contact person there an sms or call him and he'll deliver the PV at your place and collect the cash.

Card carries 2% extra according to them.
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 21:59   #1682
BHPian
 
sj_koova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Hey congrats. Seems to be the best deal on PV80 so far.
Did you have a chance to look at TH-50PY850?
Also please write a review after you experience your new buy
sj_koova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 22:30   #1683
BHPian
 
drbabuanand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: trichy
Posts: 60
Thanked: 8 Times
Default

jassi-thanks for the quick reply.
i like your sense of humour.
please suggest a home theatre system,with all connectivities-budget is 20k.
drbabuanand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2008, 23:44   #1684
BHPian
 
nemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Hey folks, just got back.. we booked the 42PV80 for 56K. But the bill will be given for 58.5K only.

Thanks a lot to Selective who had already done all the ground work. We have told the person in Devi that there will be more people coming in to get the Panasonic tv. That is why the rate is so less for us. nemo, rac and others, please avail this offer. 56K is a very good rate and I don't think anyone's gonna top that. Panasonic showroom isn't willing to budge below 62K.

For those interested in availing this offer talk to Selective, kvenkatt or yours truly before going there. Actually you don't even need to go there, send the contact person there an sms or call him and he'll deliver the PV at your place and collect the cash.

Card carries 2% extra according to them.
Congratulations guys! Please make sure you are delivered a brand new (unused) piece. Jassi i think had an issue around this-he was delivered a showroom piece and he later got it changed. Btw, any freebies you guys got?

I'm gonna book mine next week after I'm back from the Diwali holidays.
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 00:04   #1685
Senior - BHPian
 
kb100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangy Boy!
Posts: 1,554
Thanked: 14 Times
Default

Congrats csentil!

Can you please PM me the contact number and details of the person at DEVI
kb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 09:18   #1686
BHPian
 
sixthsense's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 72
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Hey folks, just got back.. we booked the 42PV80 for 56K. But the bill will be given for 58.5K only.

Thanks a lot to Selective who had already done all the ground work. We have told the person in Devi that there will be more people coming in to get the Panasonic tv. That is why the rate is so less for us. nemo, rac and others, please avail this offer. 56K is a very good rate and I don't think anyone's gonna top that. Panasonic showroom isn't willing to budge below 62K.

For those interested in availing this offer talk to Selective, kvenkatt or yours truly before going there. Actually you don't even need to go there, send the contact person there an sms or call him and he'll deliver the PV at your place and collect the cash.

Card carries 2% extra according to them.
Is the 42PV80 with stand or without in 56k ?
Have you also got the HDMI cable ? If yes then whats the price ?

Also can you please PM me the person to contact at Devi's and the shop's address.
sixthsense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 11:41   #1687
BHPian
 
thalavoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Chennai
Posts: 389
Thanked: 62 Times
Default

Does the price include the installation charges too? Have any of you installed it in your home yet? Any one for '10 hour ownership report' ??
thalavoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 12:07   #1688
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,350
Thanked: 31 Times
Default

Ok. We just paid 500 bucks as advance. The rest in cash on receiving the set.

There are no display pieces in Devi International. Its being shipped directly from wherever.

Panasonic guys will come and set it up. Any problem and the piece will be replaced.

We are getting it delivered tomorrow (Friday)

Yes I remember Jassi's problem.

The PV80 is with the stand or wall bracket as preferred. You get only one it seems.

No HDMI cable. If you want that then the cost increases.

Panasonic showroom has all those offers. It even has a washing machine thrown in free with the PV80. But the cost of the PV80 is 67K or so. If you don't want the washing machine or any other frills its 62K.

It does not make sense to keep bargaining even after we got a great deal like 56K. That's the bargaining that Selective is done and we don't want to negotiate further.

I hope I've answered everyone. Thalavoy, there are no installation charges. I'm not taking the wall bracket one just the stand as that is more preferable for me and I'm not very sure about my apartment wall holding on to that weight for a long time. :-)
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:18   #1689
Senior - BHPian
 
reignofchaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,215
Thanked: 1,162 Times
Default

HDMI cable can be purchased from the MX cables outlet on SP road for 500 bucks or less. Its not that expensive.
reignofchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 13:52   #1690
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vijayawada
Posts: 221
Thanked: 66 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
/..The PV80 is with the stand or wall bracket as preferred. You get only one it seems.. I'm not taking the wall bracket one just the stand as that is more preferable for me and I'm not very sure about my apartment wall holding on to that weight for a long time. :-)
When I took 42PV80D in august, I got both wall bracket and stand . I did not pay anything extra.
vvrchandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:39   #1691
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 261
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Booked Panny 42PV80H today evening at Devi's for 56K. Expecting the delivery tomorrow.
Selective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 21:56   #1692
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 261
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
It is TH-50PY850. I am also interested in TH-50PY850.
CompareIndia show 204,999 (Compare India - Televisions - Panasonic-TH-50PY850)

I would like to know what is the least price offered by shops.
I checked the price of 50PY850 at Devi (they dont have this on display). They are quoting 1.80k. PM me know if you want to talk to them further.
Selective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2008, 22:11   #1693
BHPian
 
sj_koova's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 600
Thanked: 148 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selective View Post
I checked the price of 50PY850 at Devi (they dont have this on display). They are quoting 1.80k. PM me know if you want to talk to them further.
Hey thanks selective.
I think it is wise to wait till the initial hype is over. I hope it will come down to at least 1.65L in 2-3 months. I am still not able to make up my mind. I know PV80 has the best offers now, but I wanted to buy the best.

Congratulation on your new buy. Please don't forget to write a review once you have experienced it for few days.
sj_koova is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 09:56   #1694
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,175
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sj_koova View Post
Hey thanks selective.
I think it is wise to wait till the initial hype is over. I hope it will come down to at least 1.65L in 2-3 months. I am still not able to make up my mind. I know PV80 has the best offers now, but I wanted to buy the best.

Congratulation on your new buy. Please don't forget to write a review once you have experienced it for few days.
Try Pioneer 508 at around 1.5 lakhs
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2008, 10:55   #1695
BHPian
 
dash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 59
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Below is my experience since I booked PV80

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post
Ok. We just paid 500 bucks as advance. The rest in cash on receiving the set.

There are no display pieces in Devi International. Its being shipped directly from wherever.

Panasonic guys will come and set it up. Any problem and the piece will be replaced.

We are getting it delivered tomorrow (Friday)

Yes I remember Jassi's problem.

The PV80 is with the stand or wall bracket as preferred. You get only one it seems.

No HDMI cable. If you want that then the cost increases.

Panasonic showroom has all those offers. It even has a washing machine thrown in free with the PV80. But the cost of the PV80 is 67K or so. If you don't want the washing machine or any other frills its 62K.

It does not make sense to keep bargaining even after we got a great deal like 56K. That's the bargaining that Selective is done and we don't want to negotiate further.

I hope I've answered everyone. Thalavoy, there are no installation charges. I'm not taking the wall bracket one just the stand as that is more preferable for me and I'm not very sure about my apartment wall holding on to that weight for a long time. :-)
Congratulations to all you who have booked the PV80. Below is my experience since I booked PV80 from Devi's last Saturday. Hope this will be useful to you guys to take note of.

Sorry for a long story but I just had to go through all this yesterday and not quite sure of the installation done properly also.

- Booked PV80 by paying 56K at Devis last Saturday
- Waited whole of monday, repeatedly spoke to owner and others at Devi's till my patience ran out.
- Only after quite an hasstle got delivery of PV80 D on tuesday afternoon (Now, I started worrying about PV80D V/S PV80H and found threads on BHP which clarified)
- From here starts utter confusion of installation
- Devi's guy had said they have given my address to Panasonic guys for installation and they would come on their own for the same.
- Waited whole of wednesday and nothing happened. Figured out, that I had to call myself to Panasonic support center 22249735 (For Bangalore) and request for an installation.
- Did that and lady there told me they will come and install on 23rd Thursday
- So I wanted to see the istallation myself hence took off and waited since morning
- Around 11o Clock called the customer care asking for time at which engineers would come, guess what there is no such thing called appointment at Panasonic. She said her engineers had not yet come and will get back to me as soon as they come. Till 2o Clock no call. Got bit impatient and called the customer care again. This time another guy assured me they will come by 3.
- Waited till 3 and called again. Now they given and engineer number and say speak to him (Till now they had not given any numbers even on request).
- The engineer guy says he will come at 4 as expected will not turnup or call.
- At 4 (by now I was really pissed off), called up engineer and gave a piece of my anger!
- He says he will come by 5:15. Given the heat of my discussion, he finally turns up around 5 PM.
- Now the installation. He looked like some road side electric shop guy, could hardly speak proper english. He was pissed off too. First thing I did is asked him if he is panasonic engineer and he said he is. Really Panasonic recruits awfully trained guys for their engineers
- He started marking the holes, didnt bother to consult us or explain what he was doing. Up on persisting, he said 3 ft is the typical viewing height and didsome marking on the way. I was not quite sure about it. But thought he must be experienced and has better working knowledge.
- Drilling and nailing was done in most unprofessional manner! Banged wall missing nails quite few times. I just kept quite as I wanted him to complete installation. Then he placed the TV in that position. To my surprise the position was way above my eye level when seated on my sofa. He insisted that how plasmas should be viewed. I almost meant 20 degrees from usual eyesight.
- I could not agree with him at all. Asked him bring it down to eye level. Now the new set of drilling holes were even worse than previous sets. Nails were not even hit straight. I still see few nails bent half way.
- After this he hanged the TV to this and walked off. No demo nothing.
- After he went I found set of bolts in the package which seemed to be quite strong and similar to the ones Airtel guys used for installation of their dish in the morning. I strongly feel he should have used those bolts than screws. So called him to ask about the bolts. He said those bolts are only for walls which have hallow bricks.
- Now, I am not sure why same cannt be used for brick walls.

Question:
Are 8 screws with wooden ghattas sustain the Plasma weight? Do we really need to use the bolts given in the package? Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Lastly:
- Track the delivery personally if possible.
- Get the panasoic guys give you a exact time and phone number of engineer assigned to your work. Other wise you end up spending whole day waiting and losing your temper also
dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Movies, Documentaries, games, etc to Showcase your hi-def plasma/lcd & HTS jassi Shifting gears 58 28th December 2010 19:11
Underglow Thread: Please post pics & info of underglow(neon/LED/etc.) kit on your car DIY Guru Modifications & Accessories 1 18th November 2010 03:08
LCD TV or (LCD montior+VGA Box) for Wii? ashwin489 Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 20th July 2009 14:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks