Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2008, 14:25   #2176
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego4evr View Post
Hi All

Wil be getting my PV80 in few days time some last minute glitches has delayed the buy, was wondering if a laptop can be connected to the pana , is it advisble to connect laptop to plasma.....if yes for how long can use it .... will it lead to any kind of damage to the TV ... ......
Yes you certainly can - either to the vga connector or hdmi. But I would suggest not to do it during first 100 hrs (burn-in time). Like i mentioned earlier, I run linux on my ps3 and use the plasma as display to browse, etc. Also connect my laptop frequently to watch movies, etc. Make sure you have a good screen saver turned on and don't have the same image fixed on the screen for long hours.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 14:54   #2177
BHPian
 
ego4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 67
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Thanks Jassi !!

will take care of this for first 100 hours ... i belive the first 100 hrs is crucial for a plasma right ??

Regards
Abhishek/
ego4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 15:39   #2178
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,661
Thanked: 434 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
They used the special nuts that came with the wall bracket and not a regular screw as somebody had mentioned earlier.
Hi nemo, could you elaborate a little on this ? What is your wall made of ? (Clay Brick, Hollowbrick, Stone, Concrete). My PV8 was wall mounted with normal 1.5" screws which they brought with them. Carton contained different type of set (longer and bigger than what they used). They said something related to the hollow brick wall which does not need the set that comes with the plasma. Total 8 holes were drilled, wood was hammered into and then the wall bracket main panel was screwed to it.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 17:41   #2179
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Well so I finally went to Devi International on Sunday to check the installment offer.
Here is what it looks like for anyone else who is interested:

Model : PV80
Finance- Bajaj . The guy sits there so no hassles.
Mode of payment : 1/3 by CC , rest *8 monthly installments.
Downpayment amount :19650 , per month installment :4667
Total Cost of TV - 56,000. Cost of TV with installments :56986.00
So in total over 8 months I am paying Rs 986 more
Documents required : Copy of CC, id proof and address proof.

Hope this helps anyone else planning to go in for the installment scheme.

The TV was not in stock yesterday so was promised it would be delivered today or max tomorrow.
Just waiting for it. Got Jhingalala plus yesterday too
Thank you all u guys for ur help. Now I will bug u once I get the TV installed.
heh he
Cheers

Last edited by sammyboy : 1st December 2008 at 17:43.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 17:58   #2180
BHPian
 
ego4evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 67
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Hi Sammy

I think there is a processing fee involved if i am not mistaken , thats what i was told ...
ego4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 18:10   #2181
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,661
Thanked: 434 Times
Default

Congrats sammy, its a great info for those who are waiting to join the pana gang ! About your Jingalala Plus, were you already using the normal subscription and upgraded or went for fresh connection ? Please mention the cost too !

I thought of shifting to BigTV but my cousine said its the opposite direction of tatasky dish. In that case it would face towards my living room (I am on the 3rd floor and the building has 7 floors). Pana users, please give some tips on the clarity you get on the Plasma/LCD on tatasky and bigtv. thanks.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 18:45   #2182
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ego4evr View Post
Hi Sammy

I think there is a processing fee involved if i am not mistaken , thats what i was told ...
Well bro, this is all that I was charged. I wasnt told of any other fee and none was taken. Maybe it was built into the downpayment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Congrats sammy, its a great info for those who are waiting to join the pana gang ! About your Jingalala Plus, were you already using the normal subscription and upgraded or went for fresh connection ? Please mention the cost too !

I thought of shifting to BigTV but my cousine said its the opposite direction of tatasky dish. In that case it would face towards my living room (I am on the 3rd floor and the building has 7 floors). Pana users, please give some tips on the clarity you get on the Plasma/LCD on tatasky and bigtv. thanks.
Thanks bro. I was using normal cable from the operator.
A couple of people i know who upgraded from an existin connection got a 40% discount.
I paid a total of 9999 for a new installation. plus 2500 for 390(plus 30 days referral free) days for super saver pack . I also added lifestyle gold but its free for the first 4 months. Can add that for 450/annum once the free period gets over.
Installation was a breeze for me as tata sky has a multi dwelling unit connection in my building so dish and cabling are already there.
They just disconnected the regular cable and switched cabling to tata sky.
I am waiting for the tv to get delivered so would be able to give u feedback of tatasky plus with the PV80 only in a day or 2.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 18:53   #2183
BHPian
 
nemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 167
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Hi nemo, could you elaborate a little on this ? What is your wall made of ? (Clay Brick, Hollowbrick, Stone, Concrete). My PV8 was wall mounted with normal 1.5" screws which they brought with them. Carton contained different type of set (longer and bigger than what they used). They said something related to the hollow brick wall which does not need the set that comes with the plasma. Total 8 holes were drilled, wood was hammered into and then the wall bracket main panel was screwed to it.
The wall where the TV is mounted is Clay brick wall. All they did was, drilled 4 holes about a 1/2'' dia each and hammered-in the special fixture (bolt) and once it was secure enough the TV bracket was fixed and tightened to this fixture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Well so I finally went to Devi International on Sunday to check the installment offer.
Here is what it looks like for anyone else who is interested:

Model : PV80
Finance- Bajaj . The guy sits there so no hassles.
Mode of payment : 1/3 by CC , rest *8 monthly installments.
Downpayment amount :19650 , per month installment :4667
Total Cost of TV - 56,000. Cost of TV with installments :56986.00
So in total over 8 months I am paying Rs 986 more
Documents required : Copy of CC, id proof and address proof.

Cheers
, i was not aware of this. I had to swipe my CC for the entire amount and ended up paying 1120 as the service charge (2%) alone. Had i known the EMI option i would have ended up paying less overhead cost (986 vs 1120) and could have carried over the 2/3rd to 8 months as opposed to a month.
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 19:14   #2184
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemo View Post
, i was not aware of this. I had to swipe my CC for the entire amount and ended up paying 1120 as the service charge (2%) alone. Had i known the EMI option i would have ended up paying less overhead cost (986 vs 1120) and could have carried over the 2/3rd to 8 months as opposed to a month.
Oops, well it happens nemo. I was also in two minds whether to pay the entire amount at one go or take emi's but the flexibility of emi's appealed to me more.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 20:40   #2185
BHPian
 
VSG12777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 206
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Congrats on your new Panasonic 42PV80 plasma Sammyboy !! Yet another member added to the Panasonic plasma group !!

The finance scheme described by you is pretty good. Paying 986 bucks extra over 8 months is not a big deal in exchange for the flexibility in payment.

By the way, are such finance schemes offered at the Panasonic brand shops ? I am in Chennai and the brand shop here quoted 62k as the lowest for the 42PV80 while 107k was the lowest for the 50PV80. Wonder whether there would be a guy there for such finance schemes. If yes, it would be good.

Warm regards,
Venkat
VSG12777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 20:54   #2186
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Thanks Venkat I am sure the dealers would be able to give you such a scheme.
Usually they have tie ups with the finance guys and have someone available there.
I saw atleast 5 - 6 people opting for finance during the 45 min I was there.
Also, the entire documentation took about 20-25 min only.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2008, 21:29   #2187
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 184
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Another finance option:
HDFC bank's Visa Gold credit card has this option of paying thru' interest free installments. You pay 1/3rd (i.e Amount/12*4) as downpayment, rest in 8 installments of Amount/12 each. Flat processing fee of Rs.561/-
I have availed this, there are no other hidden charges.
Even ICICI's has this option to convert any purchase to EMI's, but am not sure about the extra charges.
anuragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:29   #2188
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Hi Guys need your inputs. I jus recd the PV80D but it only has the pedestal stand inside the box. There is no wall mount. Am I missing something ?
Pana users please confirm before the installer comes so I may call the devi guys.
Thanks
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:44   #2189
BHPian
 
VSG12777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 206
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Sammyboy

Was the plasma box sealed when you got it ? I think it comes with both the wall mount as well as the swivel stand. If you have some time, go back a few pages and read through the thread as people have posted regarding this. Even Shajufx had his PV80/PV8 wall mounted very recently (last week).

Jassi / Nemo

Please confirm on the wall mount bracket & screws / swivel base provided with the PV80 so that Sammyboy can take it up with Devi / Panasonic accordingly.

Warm regards,
Venkat
VSG12777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 13:49   #2190
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,738
Thanked: 338 Times
Default

Hi Venkat, yes the box was sealed and was opened in front of me. It only has the swivel stand :( > Also the box says PV80D not PV80H could the diff be because of that?

I did read most guys mentioning both the stands thats why i rushed to check. The delivery guy could not speak hindi or english so couldnt tell him much.
Thought of confirming here before I speak to Niranjan.
Thanks for the quick response.
edit: Is it by any chance attached to the TV cos I havent taken it out of the box yet.

Last edited by sammyboy : 2nd December 2008 at 13:51.
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Movies, Documentaries, games, etc to Showcase your hi-def plasma/lcd & HTS jassi Shifting gears 58 28th December 2010 19:11
Underglow Thread: Please post pics & info of underglow(neon/LED/etc.) kit on your car DIY Guru Modifications & Accessories 1 18th November 2010 03:08
LCD TV or (LCD montior+VGA Box) for Wii? ashwin489 Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 20th July 2009 14:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:58.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks