Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:02   #2191
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Navi Mumbai
Posts: 185
Thanked: 46 Times
Default

Hi sammyboy,
The wall mount came separately with my PV8, not inside the TV box. And by no chance could it be already fixed to the TV.
anuragn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:04   #2192
BHPian
 
phantom76's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 88
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Two of my friends bought the PV8 and the wall mount came separately in a small box. For me too (I bought the Panny 32LX800C LCD) the wall mount came in a separate box. All of us bought from Devi only.
phantom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:13   #2193
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Hi Venkat, yes the box was sealed and was opened in front of me. It only has the swivel stand :( > Also the box says PV80D not PV80H could the diff be because of that?

I did read most guys mentioning both the stands thats why i rushed to check. The delivery guy could not speak hindi or english so couldnt tell him much.
Thought of confirming here before I speak to Niranjan.
Thanks for the quick response.
edit: Is it by any chance attached to the TV cos I havent taken it out of the box yet.
it is pv80d in india and yes you get a wall mount. But its not in the plasma box, its a seperate box which the delivery guy gets.
Also when the tv is installed, make sure it goes through the factory install menu, where-in it will ask you if you are installing in shop or home and then calibrates accordingly. If this is not the case, then its probably an open piece - the box seals means nothing these days!!
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:16   #2194
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,576
Thanked: 270 Times
Default

The wall mount is not part of the Plasma carton. Its a small pack that is supposed to be delivered to you together with the plasma. Only the swivel stand comes accompanied with the plasma (inside the carton). I am sure the delivery guys forgot to take it for you or missed taking it from their delivery van. Check with niranjan before the installing guys turn up.
shajufx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:18   #2195
BHPian
 
nemo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Sammyboy,

The wall bracket is separately packed and it will not be part of the TV unit. Please call Nirajan and inquire. It appears to me that the Devi guys are giving the bracket only when you ask for it.

80D & 80H are one and the same, go back by few pages to know the significance. We all have received 80D, so there's no need to worry on that.

Let us know how it goes

Last edited by nemo : 2nd December 2008 at 14:20.
nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:22   #2196
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

Thanks Jassi, this means that the guy did not get the wall mount.Though I am planning to have it installed on the swivel stand, I will ask them for the wall mount so that I can use it if or when I want.

I am waiting for the Panasonic guys to come for the installation so will check it as soon as they switch it on. In case it does not show the factory menu, should I just call the Devi guys and ask them to replace the piece? I have my doubts of this is a demo because they didnt even have a demo piece when I went to buy on sunday.

Any particular setting I should have when I get it caliberated esp for first 100 hrs? I will be using tata sky+ (thru the composite cable ??) and dont want the logo to burn into my tv.


Thanks Nemo and Shaju. I have sent Niranjan a msg telling him about this. He is out of town so will call him tomorrow. I dont think it will be a problem to get the stand from him as he seems a pretty decent person and he knows tbhp is one huge family

Last edited by sammyboy : 2nd December 2008 at 14:24.
sammyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:34   #2197
BHPian
 
VSG12777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 206
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

Yeah Niranjan should be able to organise the wall mount package for you. I don't think he'd mess around with the T-BHP Pana PV80 group which has given his shop so much business till now !!

Warm regards,
Venkat
VSG12777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 14:37   #2198
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSG12777 View Post
Yeah Niranjan should be able to organise the wall mount package for you. I don't think he'd mess around with the T-BHP Pana PV80 group which has given his shop so much business till now !!

Warm regards,
Venkat
lol well thats what I believe too He is out of town n his phone is off, will call him tomorrow. In the mean time spoke to the panasonic guys and they will be here in an hour or so for the installation.

Oh man, just cant wait to have it installed cheers:

Just remembered, the delivery guy was supposed to take an id proof copy as we had forgotten to take one on sunday.
He didnt take that either, so will have them deliver the mount when they come to collect the papers

Last edited by sammyboy : 2nd December 2008 at 14:55.
sammyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:05   #2199
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Smile

@sammy - don't trust anyone, its very easy to give a showroom piece out - even if it is used for 2 days - i won't accept it. Why - because I will burn in the tv on my terms not they way they leave it on with all settings on max to make it look good in showroom's bright lighting
And yes they can reset to ensure the factory menu shows up - something they normally forget to do !! and hence easiest to catch.
Being the first (i think) to buy pv80 on this thread, if you go back and see, you will notice i felt I was delivered a showroom piece (as i had put a small mark on plasma in showroom) and when I immediately the panny store, showroom piece was missing. Then I had to call panny sales manager in bangy to get a brand new piece the next day. This is when I noticed the factory menu, etc. Also the piece that panny store took from my house was delivered to someone else the next day - this the delivery guy told me when picking it up from my house. SHowrooms don't want to keep a demo piece for more than 1-2 weeks as then it will be too worn out to sell or showcase

For the tv setting please keep it on eco and warm and follow the rest of settings from this link i posted earlier
Panasonic TH42PX80 Best Settings After Calibration

Last edited by jassi : 2nd December 2008 at 15:09.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:16   #2200
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anuragn View Post
Hi sammyboy,
The wall mount came separately with my PV8, not inside the TV box. And by no chance could it be already fixed to the TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
Two of my friends bought the PV8 and the wall mount came separately in a small box. For me too (I bought the Panny 32LX800C LCD) the wall mount came in a separate box. All of us bought from Devi only.
Thanks anuragn and phantom, I have informed niranjan aboout this. Hope to get it soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
@sammy - don't trust anyone, its very easy to give a showroom piece out - even if it is used for 2 days - i won't accept it. Why - because I will burn in the tv on my terms not they way they leave it on with all settings on max to make it look good in showroom's bright lighting
And yes they can reset to ensure the factory menu shows up - something they normally forget to do !! and hence easiest to catch.
Being the first (i think) to buy pv80 on this thread, if you go back and see, you will notice i felt I was delivered a showroom piece (as i had put a small mark on plasma in showroom) and when I immediately the panny store, showroom piece was missing. Then I had to call panny sales manager in bangy to get a brand new piece the next day. This is when I noticed the factory menu, etc. Also the piece that panny store took from my house was delivered to someone else the next day - this the delivery guy told me when picking it up from my house. SHowrooms don't want to keep a demo piece for more than 1-2 weeks as then it will be too worn out to sell or showcase

For the tv setting please keep it on eco and warm and follow the rest of settings from this link i posted earlier
Panasonic TH42PX80 Best Settings After Calibration
Yes Jassi, I have been following your threads closely and do remember the episode. I will make sure that I am standing on their heads when they switch the tv on. Is there any other give away other than the default menu that can show the tv is a showroom piece? I remember u had noticed something which matched with the piece delivered.
I have also gone thru the link u posted for calibration. It is very helpful.
Thank you
sammyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:38   #2201
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

Sammyboy follow this instructions for proper burn in period and settings and i personally preffer to keep the brightnedd level at 40 in Cinema mode, you check your rooms light and do according to your taste.
Panasonic TH42PX80 Best Settings After Calibration
Dont watch any channel for more then half and hour during first 250-300 hours and you are done with it.Buy good HDMI cables and plug your DVD player with HDMI and upscale it if its having upscaling feature and enjoy the real Plasma.Blue Ray will be best once will get them cheaper over here.Lets see whan these DTH providers are going to offer HD broadcast at their settop boxes rather then offering other foolish features.

Last edited by Ajaybiz : 2nd December 2008 at 15:42.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:45   #2202
BHPian
 
jassi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 980
Thanked: 11 Times
Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Is there any other give away other than the default menu that can show the tv is a showroom piece? I remember u had noticed something which matched with the piece delivered.
I have also gone thru the link u posted for calibration. It is very helpful.
Thank you
well for one, since I am 100% sure everyone tries to get rid of showroom pieces, anytime I buy something, I make sure I mark the display piece when showroom guy is not looking. In case of the plasma, I had put my finger smudges on it, in strategic places and although they had wiped em all, some were there and it was clear it was the showroom piece. Infact I had put one long finger print on the screen also Anyways its not as foolproof as noting the serial number, but it is quick and works mostly. Theres a higher chance of them seeing you reading the serial number from behind and then they will give you some other piece from another showroom. The point is to catch them if they intend to give a showroom piece, not giving them the opportunity to fool you with a piece from another showroom.

I know I am slightly paranoid and seemed whacked , but its happened with our family so many times across shops and states, that I have grown up to be very careful about this.
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 15:59   #2203
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaybiz View Post
Sammyboy follow this instructions for proper burn in period and settings and i personally preffer to keep the brightnedd level at 40 in Cinema mode, you check your rooms light and do according to your taste.
Dont watch any channel for more then half and hour during first 250-300 hours and you are done with it.Buy good HDMI cables and plug your DVD player with HDMI and upscale it if its having upscaling feature and enjoy the real Plasma..
Thanks for sharing the settings,Ajay. I am planning to buy an HDMI upscaling DVD player and cables shortly.
Is it realy required to follow burn in settings for 250 hours or would 100-150 hours be enough?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jassi View Post
well for one, since I am 100% sure everyone tries to get rid of showroom pieces, anytime I buy something, I make sure I mark the display piece when showroom guy is not looking..
Ah I had thought of following something similar but they didnt have a demo piece.
Also, i think its safer to be paranoid than sorry

edit: I havent really heard much about the sound quality of the Pv80. Would love to hear from all you guys.
I am going to use this without Home theater for a while (till I upgrade that too ) so would be nice to hear your experiences.
Venkat-- Rightly said

Last edited by sammyboy : 2nd December 2008 at 16:11.
sammyboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:07   #2204
BHPian
 
VSG12777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CHENNAI
Posts: 206
Thanked: 39 Times
Default

True. We've all got to learn from Jassi's experience. Not sure whether the rest of us would have handled the situation the same way as Jassi did, if faced with such a situation.
VSG12777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd December 2008, 16:10   #2205
Senior - BHPian
 
Ajaybiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,354
Thanked: 140 Times
Default

My Kid watches TV atleast 10-12 hours in a day so it was over in just one month , i think you should also do atleast for 250 hours as its better to avoid any pixel burn.Avoid watching movies which is giving black strips in top and bottom, may be zooming will help to avoid black strips atleast for initial operations.
Ajaybiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Movies, Documentaries, games, etc to Showcase your hi-def plasma/lcd & HTS jassi Shifting gears 58 28th December 2010 19:11
Underglow Thread: Please post pics & info of underglow(neon/LED/etc.) kit on your car DIY Guru Modifications & Accessories 1 18th November 2010 03:08
LCD TV or (LCD montior+VGA Box) for Wii? ashwin489 Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 20th July 2009 14:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:47.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks