Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 29th August 2009, 07:01   #2896
BHPian

Just joined the Panasonic club - bought the TH-42PV8D last evening . Loving it. Today is when I set up all the connections properly.
the_maassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 10:05   #2897
BHPian

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
Just joined the Panasonic club - bought the TH-42PV8D last evening . Loving it. Today is when I set up all the connections properly.
congrats dude ! good decision
jassi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 10:17   #2898
BHPian

bought a Philips 42" 9703 LCD, this has a 2ms response time, 10 bit panel, reverse subwoofer and clear lcd. It is in the cineos range. It is ultra clear. Purchase price 80k.
s.prashanth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 10:58   #2899
Senior - BHPian

^^Thats a very nice TV. Did not know it was just 80 grand!
reignofchaos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 11:03   #2900
Senior - BHPian

Congrats prashant . Guys how about some pics of your LCDs when it in carton , out of it and on the wall .Do post pictures guys .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 11:13   #2901
BHPian

This thread looks dry without pictures!

Owners please post their purchased LCD pictures to increase the beauty of this thread.
cvvikram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2009, 11:32   #2902
Senior - BHPian

Finally after 3 years of drooling at showrooms I bought LG Scarlet 47 Inch LCD tv.

Had been visiting showrooms and keeping a tab on the pricing, the favorites were 42 inch LG (price factor ) at 60 grand.

One day made up mind, went to showroom, called up guy before leaving, he said, a piece of LG Jazz 42 inch available for 67k. Which was fine. Reached showroom, a model was on display there, 47 inch, LG Scarlet. It had the most important feature which I wanted, to play DIVX movies from Pen Drive (this is my part time work to download movies from net) , price 88k, however stock clearance sale hence was selling at 66k. Since that was the last piece, I said, I will buy, checked the playability from different areas, different file formats, sadly, the guy didnt had good print movies, so downloaded one song from internet at his showroom (he had good broadband connection). I even checked the size of the screen, diagonally its 47 inches (the store guys had inch tape to measure )

Also got goodies worth 5% , picked up sony mp3 player and two pen drives, 8GB and 2 GB to play the movies. TV delivered next day, as it was quite late that time. Installed on the delivery day.

Works like a charm, its BIG.

Final Gist

LG Scarlet 47 Inch - 66k (including delivery, wall installation) with 3300 worth of goodies from store

Plays normal everything including Divx movies through pen drive.

Last edited by tanwaramit : 29th August 2009 at 11:49. Reason: deleted one extra smiley
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2009, 18:33   #2903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_maassk View Post
How much did you get it for? How much is the PV80 now anyone?

Are they planning to upgrade the existing models?

PS3 + Blue Ray + HDMI + Panasonic = just awesome!!
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 09:13   #2904
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by csentil View Post

I got mine for 46k. I am not very sure but I think the PV80 was around 53k from where I bought mine.

Apparently they have the S series which supersedes the PV series. That is what the guy told me.

And yes - The Panasonic is awesome!
the_maassk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 14:04   #2905
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Yesterday i was getting a deal at 44k for PV 80 with free tata sky at panasonic showroom itself.
Is it a good deal?
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 14:35   #2906
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
Finally after 3 years of drooling at showrooms I bought LG Scarlet 47 Inch LCD tv.

Works like a charm, its BIG.

LG Scarlet 47 Inch - 66k (including delivery, wall installation) with 3300 worth of goodies from store
Congrats Amit, you got a great deal and I am sure you're gonna love your TV all the more! One quick question, which store is this (company dealer or multi-brand)?
greenh0rn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2009, 15:36   #2907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenh0rn View Post
Congrats Amit, you got a great deal and I am sure you're gonna love your TV all the more! One quick question, which store is this (company dealer or multi-brand)?
Thanks, yes, this was a mouth watering deal. I am loving my TV, latest saw "Drag me to Hell" in total darkness with home theater, it was an amazing experience.

The dealer was multi-brand. Jumbo electronics, went to Pacific Mall in Ghaziabad. They had good schemes running. Will post the pics of the tv in the evening
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:30   #2908
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
Yesterday i was getting a deal at 44k for PV 80 with free tata sky at panasonic showroom itself.
Is it a good deal?
Was it for the PV8 or the PV80? If its for the PV80 its a good deal. You should actually go to a multi brand store where you can bargain for a even better price. Panasonic showrooms don't reduce prices that much.

The prices of any TV will also be marked up becoz of the supposed freebie. If you don't want it its better to do a deal without the freebie...
csentil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:40   #2909
BHPian

I just bought a Sony Bravia 32 inch LCD - the V series Full HD one together with a Sony Home theater with twin tower speakers and a total of 6 speaker set inclusive of the woofer.

Paid 63k for the entire combo as there was offer running at sony. The picture quality is good and the Sony Sync definitely makes life easier to use both the home theater along with the LCD.
CorsaLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2009, 18:46   #2910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was it for the PV8 or the PV80? If its for the PV80 its a good deal. You should actually go to a multi brand store where you can bargain for a even better price. Panasonic showrooms don't reduce prices that much.

The prices of any TV will also be marked up becoz of the supposed freebie. If you don't want it its better to do a deal without the freebie...
yup for PV80.
PV8 was negotiated at 40k with tata sky.

Showroom prices were
PV80= 48500
Pv8= 44000

So the above price was after negotiation.
I could bring down 1k more without tata sky but i will be needing it so its a fair deal imo.
harry10 is offline   Reply With Quote