Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 00:03   #4621
Senior - BHPian
 
NetfreakBombay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bombay
Posts: 1,375
Thanked: 315 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

You can call Hathway and ask for a new STB. This would cost 1k, but you will get STB for two rooms.
NetfreakBombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2011, 19:12   #4622
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: kota
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Am in the maarket for a 40-42" LED LCD TV. LG guys are giving me a deal on 42LE5300 for 53k.

Is the same a good buy.. What else can I get for 55k range..
mk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 11:30   #4623
Senior - BHPian
 
DieselFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,569
Thanked: 232 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

LE5300 is not a full HD TV. Please buy a FULL HD TV to make your investment future proof for next 3-5 years at least.
DieselFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 13:19   #4624
Team-BHP Support
 
benbsb29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 7,981
Thanked: 3,407 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
LE5300 is not a full HD TV. Please buy a FULL HD TV to make your investment future proof for next 3-5 years at least.
In the 42" range, i would also support the above opinion. However, i bought the same series in 32" range, and have posted my review earlier on this thread.
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 13:30   #4625
BHPian
 
viper_711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 345
Thanked: 55 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk15 View Post
Am in the maarket for a 40-42" LED LCD TV. LG guys are giving me a deal on 42LE5300 for 53k.

Is the same a good buy.. What else can I get for 55k range..
I recently bought the Panasonic VIERA TH-L42D22
http://www.panasonic.co.in/wps/portal/home/products/digitalav/tv/vieralcdtv/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3hnlzATSydDRwMLN0dXA0 8zSzcjz7AQT28fM_2CbEdFABbnpTI!/

I am quite happy with the features and performance - the images seem'real' as compared to a samsung that I was comparing to (not overly bright or artificial!)
I got it for 67K that included a bundled blu-ray dvd player from Panasonic that they claim is the best currently with the least response time.

Last edited by viper_711 : 21st April 2011 at 13:32.
viper_711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 13:54   #4626
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: kota
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselFan View Post
LE5300 is not a full HD TV. Please buy a FULL HD TV to make your investment future proof for next 3-5 years at least.
LG 42LE5300 is full HD edge lit LED LCD TV. Its the price which is attracting me to it..
mk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 15:04   #4627
BHPian
 
Mr.Bangalore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 358
Thanked: 38 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Bought 46" BRAVIA EX720 Series HDTV from Croma.
But they did not give me any offer, no 3D glasses too.
PQ is really good,
enjoying with Airtel DTH 3 HD channles (NGC, Discovery and Movies Now)
Mr.Bangalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 15:38   #4628
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: kota
Posts: 1
Thanked: 0 Times
Question re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper_711 View Post
I recently bought the Panasonic VIERA TH-L42D22
http://www.panasonic.co.in/wps/portal/home/products/digitalav/tv/vieralcdtv/!ut/p/c5/04_SB8K8xLLM9MSSzPy8xBz9CP0os3hnlzATSydDRwMLN0dXA0 8zSzcjz7AQT28fM_2CbEdFABbnpTI!/

I am quite happy with the features and performance - the images seem'real' as compared to a samsung that I was comparing to (not overly bright or artificial!)
I got it for 67K that included a bundled blu-ray dvd player from Panasonic that they claim is the best currently with the least response time.
Its available for 72k here in Kota, Rajasthan and that also without any freebies. Is this a true 100hz panel. panny site is not too specific abt specifications.

LG 42LE5300 is being quoted at 53k here and specs, on paper seem , similar..
mk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 16:04   #4629
BHPian
 
Bapu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 127
Thanked: 23 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
Bought 46" BRAVIA EX720 Series HDTV from Croma.
But they did not give me any offer, no 3D glasses too.
PQ is really good,
enjoying with Airtel DTH 3 HD channles (NGC, Discovery and Movies Now)
Hi,

Are you getting Movies Now HD also free? I spoke to customer care, and initially they said that no HD is not free, then relented and said that NGC and Discovery are free. I specifically asked for Moview Now and was told that it is not there in the HD pack.

I recently picked up a 40Ex400.
Bapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 16:34   #4630
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 534
Thanked: 193 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

My Friend bought LG's latest 42LV5500 for Rs.57000.

42LV5500 is latest model with features like SmartTV and Magic Motion Remote controller. It is slimmer and better than 42LE5500.

Just adding for your information. You all may know this.

1080i is equivalent to 540p.
All DTH broadcasters use 1080i so these channels will look similar on HD and Full HD TV.

Quality wise you can arrange like this
1080i << 720p << 1080p

Last edited by sushantr5 : 21st April 2011 at 16:40.
sushantr5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2011, 16:41   #4631
BHPian
 
Mr.Bangalore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Bengalooru
Posts: 358
Thanked: 38 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapu View Post
Hi,

Are you getting Movies Now HD also free? I spoke to customer care, and initially they said that no HD is not free, then relented and said that NGC and Discovery are free. I specifically asked for Moview Now and was told that it is not there in the HD pack.

I recently picked up a 40Ex400.
Not free but HD pack 3 channels for 40 pm and 10 days free.
Mr.Bangalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:31   #4632
BHPian
 
Bapu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 127
Thanked: 23 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Bangalore View Post
Not free but HD pack 3 channels for 40 pm and 10 days free.
You might want to reconsider the same.

As per the Airtel offer card,which you would have received with the TV, the Economy Pack + Available HD Pack are free for 3 months.

Airtel CC only enables the economy pack.

It will require a firm call from your side to get the HD Pack enabled free for 3 months. They enable Discovery and NGC HD. Movies now is still payable.
Bapu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 19:39   #4633
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,147
Thanked: 142 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Somebody is claiming that 3D is a scam. It is more about poor image quality in 3D than anything else.

Stop being duped by the 3D scam | TechRepublic

I am not taking any view on the contents - I am asking for your comments, if any. (the titles in the "also read" section look too tantalising).

Several years back (2 decades back), some Indian TV manufacturer used to claim 3D capability. IIRC, they used to have a pic of the London bridge in their ads. I was compelled to ask an Engineer (a real, B. Tech one) about it, and he said it is about delaying one of the RGB signals to generate this effect. I am not very sure about this though.

Last edited by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR : 24th April 2011 at 19:41.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 19:45   #4634
Senior - BHPian
 
frankmehta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 3,865
Thanked: 2,221 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Reading articles doesn't give HALF an idea of how gimmicky 3D video is. Try watching a 3 hour 3D movie and do let me know which side of your brain feels dead. I had an unlimited budget when I wanted to buy a TV for my hall. A non-discerning bloke would have lapped up the 3D hardware. But I surveyed, viewed, demoed and finally bought the Panasonic 50V20 plasma. Never looked back ever since.
Have stopped going to the stadium to watch cricket since HD broadcasts came. The Panny is possibly my BEST ever gadget decision in years!
frankmehta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2011, 20:36   #4635
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,380
Thanked: 3,777 Times
Default not quite 3D

@Frank, I was checking out Samsung's 3D models recently. Obviously the picture was not as 3D as a shot-in-3D would have been. But I did give a thought to how much software is advancing. The picture did look 3D-like, but felt a little plasticy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Several years back (2 decades back), some Indian TV manufacturer used to claim 3D capability. IIRC, they used to have a pic of the London bridge in their ads.
Was it Binatone ?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Movies, Documentaries, games, etc to Showcase your hi-def plasma/lcd & HTS jassi Shifting gears 58 28th December 2010 19:11
Underglow Thread: Please post pics & info of underglow(neon/LED/etc.) kit on your car DIY Guru Modifications & Accessories 1 18th November 2010 03:08
LCD TV or (LCD montior+VGA Box) for Wii? ashwin489 Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 20th July 2009 14:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:17.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks