Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2011, 19:52   #5041
BHPian
 
devil_klm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 407
Thanked: 186 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

@ron Just checked in Pai and Croma indiranagar. Both of them dont have it in display now . I saw in girias 2 weeks before(SA in Pai also told it may be der in girias). X30D was offered at 35K. It was there in ebay for 31K with the free wireless keyboard offer. Till now didn't get any offer on U30D. Full HD and HD ready will not make any difference unless we watch the TV very close or connect it to PC.I would prefer U30D as the panel is better than that of X30D.

Note: Prices will come down further if we wait for 2 more months
devil_klm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2011, 21:35   #5042
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 98
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: Buying a LED TV from US.

It cost me USD729 equivalent to INR 36000. The tax is 36% for the value of the goods above 26000 Rs. So it's 36% of (36000-26000) which is 3600 INR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvinashV View Post
How much did the TV cost you & how was the duty for it calculated at Chennai airport? My parents are in Dubai & they want to get a 40~42 inch tv when they are coming down.
ForeRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 15:18   #5043
BHPian
 
ron_9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 277
Thanked: 74 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

I think I will go with what Flipkart offers before it goes away. I believe that has to be the best 42 inch display that fits my budget. Again the specs look good on paper my only wish was to see this in action for real. :(
ron_9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 15:40   #5044
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 518
Thanked: 97 Times
Thumbs up re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
I think I will go with what Flipkart offers before it goes away. I believe that has to be the best 42 inch display that fits my budget. Again the specs look good on paper my only wish was to see this in action for real. :(
Why don't you visit Devi and check this out? I am certain that you would get it for much less than flipkart price.
JMaruru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 15:47   #5045
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 147 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

If any of you guys are planning to buy 50 inch Full HD plasma and don't mind last year's model (brand new, sealed) then look for deals on Panasonic 50V20D and 50VT20D. Me and my friend bought each of these sets yesterday. 50V20D for 64k (best price I've ever heard till now but still can be negotiated more I think) and VT20 for 77k( we should've bargained more as some other people have got even better deal for VT20 for 75k and some even told that there was a 71.5k deal was running). For this price point I don't think you are going get anything better (or even close to these sets).
We bought it from Devi Intl but Chroma also have some stock afaik. Sadly 42 inch was not available.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 16:32   #5046
BHPian
 
ron_9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 277
Thanked: 74 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Where is Devi? Never heard about this place.
ron_9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 16:41   #5047
Senior - BHPian
 
black12rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridin earth now
Posts: 1,259
Thanked: 271 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_9191 View Post
Where is Devi? Never heard about this place.
Devi is next to petrol bunk near madhavan park

You should start using google

Devi International 12(21), 10th Main, 2nd Block, Jaya Nagar, Jaya Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560011 080 4120 4058 ‎

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushik_s View Post
If any of you guys are planning to buy 50 inch Full HD plasma and don't mind last year's model (brand new, sealed) then look for deals on Panasonic 50V20D and 50VT20D. Me and my friend bought each of these sets yesterday. 50V20D for 64k (best price I've ever heard till now but still can be negotiated more I think) and VT20 for 77k( we should've bargained more as some other people have got even better deal for VT20 for 75k and some even told that there was a 71.5k deal was running). For this price point I don't think you are going get anything better (or even close to these sets).
We bought it from Devi Intl but Chroma also have some stock afaik. Sadly 42 inch was not available.
Thanks kaushik , do they have good discounts on 42 -26 inch LCDs ,LEDs and plasmas also ?

Last edited by black12rr : 31st October 2011 at 16:43.
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 16:46   #5048
BHPian
 
ron_9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 277
Thanked: 74 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

you said it rr a second after I posted I was thinkin damn I could have googled it. well again google sounds like a woman who cant stop suggesting things before you finish. A woman?? damn I meant my wife

will check it out right away I need to end this TV search I am going with for the last 4 years.


Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Devi is next to petrol bunk near madhavan park

You should start using google

Devi International 12(21), 10th Main, 2nd Block, Jaya Nagar, Jaya Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560011 080 4120 4058 ‎



Thanks kaushik , do they have good discounts on 42 -26 inch LCDs and LEDs and plasmas also ?
ron_9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 17:35   #5049
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 147 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Thanks kaushik , do they have good discounts on 42 -26 inch LCDs ,LEDs and plasmas also ?
I didn't ask about the new models that much except for 42ST30 which they've quoted 68k and 50ST30 for 90k. But one thing for sure that if you can negotiate hard and go there with all the data (of the best prices available for some particular models) then they always tries to give a better price. And the same normally goes for other stuff too.
Another place I can think of is Modern World at Domlur. You need to talk to the owner/manager when at Modern World though, seems like the normal sales guys doesn't have much power to reduce the price that much. Once I got a better price for Plasmas at Modern World than Devi. And even I bought my AVR from them couple of year back.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2011, 20:25   #5050
BHPian
 
devil_klm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 407
Thanked: 186 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Ron may be this is useful for you
42X30 at 32.5k or Samsung 3D 43D490 with 2x BT 3D glasses at 38k

Best Price - Samsung 3D TVs with limited time special festival bundle offer - Page 4

Best Price - Panasonic Plasma in Bangalore - Page 2

Offer is valid only for today(Saw it just now).
Unfortunately 42U30D is not there.

Last edited by devil_klm : 31st October 2011 at 20:31.
devil_klm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2011, 12:31   #5051
BHPian
 
ron_9191's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 277
Thanked: 74 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

@ devil_klm you are right with the information about the 42U30D, they dont sell that anymore. The U30D is replaced with UT30D which again is way over my budget. I went and checked a couple of LED's and LCD tv's from Samsung, LG and others but I am not convinced. I was fortunate enough to see the UT30D and the picture in that looks very natural unlike the LED's or LCD's. I am not saying that they are bad, simple example, on a plasma something displayed in black looks black to me but on an LED or an LCD the black looks black but it looks like it is black for the sake of being black. I think that is the best i can describe about the difference.

Here is what i am after. I want things that I see on a TV to look natural, easy on my eyes and easy for me to believe what I see. For me watching the normal D2H or cable or D2H is not at all a priority. The only thing I watch is Formula 1 and sometimes MotoGP other than that this purchase is strictly for movies and that happens twice in a week or so. So I am almost convinced with the UT30D now. It is really good Bringing her home this weekend finally
ron_9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 18:29   #5052
BHPian
 
kap04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 168
Thanked: 47 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

A question to the electrical gurus in here. I have an APC Back-UPS ES 650 to which i have only connected my Airtel modem , as i don't want to lose my VPN connectivity. Hence the UPS is very under utilized, and last time i checked it gave me a power backup around 30 mts with just the modem on it. Within 5-10 minutes, the backup generator kicks in as well for our flat.

I was thinking of connecting my 40" LCD TV and the Video con Set top box as well to the UPS , so that i can shutdown my TV gracefully in case power goes off. Is it a good idea connecting the LCD TV to a UPS meant for PC backup. Or should the TV & settop box be only connected to a Home UPS , which can output a pure sine wave.
kap04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 20:18   #5053
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,098
Thanked: 979 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kap04 View Post
A question to the electrical gurus in here. I have an APC Back-UPS ES 650 to which i have only connected my Airtel modem , as i don't want to lose my VPN connectivity. Hence the UPS is very under utilized, and last time i checked it gave me a power backup around 30 mts with just the modem on it. Within 5-10 minutes, the backup generator kicks in as well for our flat.

I was thinking of connecting my 40" LCD TV and the Video con Set top box as well to the UPS , so that i can shutdown my TV gracefully in case power goes off. Is it a good idea connecting the LCD TV to a UPS meant for PC backup. Or should the TV & settop box be only connected to a Home UPS , which can output a pure sine wave.
1. The modem should not consume more than 100W, so theoretically you should get 3 or 4 hours back up. Please check the battery and replace if faulty.

2. 40" LCD and set top box should consume around 200W. You can try, but after your UPS battery back up time is solved. My 800VA Inverter runs lights, fans and the 23" TV/Monitor, without any problems.
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 16:39   #5054
BHPian
 
rajanprash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 109
Thanked: 34 Times
Default

A suggestion required from all the gurus here. I have a 20' pc monitor and a 21' crt tv in my room. I intend to replace both these products with a single one preferably 22'.
1. I need help as to which one should i go in for LCD/LED or PLASMA?
2. Please suggest me some models which are budget friendly and also can suit my requirements.
3. I do not require full HD. HD ready would suffice but i require USB et all goodies.
4. Lastly which brand.
rajanprash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2011, 19:23   #5055
Senior - BHPian
 
kaushik_s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,061
Thanked: 147 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanprash View Post
A suggestion required from all the gurus here. I have a 20' pc monitor and a 21' crt tv in my room. I intend to replace both these products with a single one preferably 22'.
1. I need help as to which one should i go in for LCD/LED or PLASMA?
2. Please suggest me some models which are budget friendly and also can suit my requirements.
3. I do not require full HD. HD ready would suffice but i require USB et all goodies.
4. Lastly which brand.
You won't get any 22' plasma, but I would like to ask why do you want such a small screen TV? Or is it because you'ld be using it as monitor too? And as you are looking to replace your monitor then you better stick to LCD/LED's.
You can also mention your budget, atleast some rough figure, then it'll be easier for us to suggest you something which suites your budget.
If you are using with the computer then why would you need USB support? Anyway, nowadays most of the TV's will come with USB support but a computer will obviously be more friendly as far as format support goes.
kaushik_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Movies, Documentaries, games, etc to Showcase your hi-def plasma/lcd & HTS jassi Shifting gears 58 28th December 2010 19:11
Underglow Thread: Please post pics & info of underglow(neon/LED/etc.) kit on your car DIY Guru Modifications & Accessories 1 18th November 2010 03:08
LCD TV or (LCD montior+VGA Box) for Wii? ashwin489 Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 20th July 2009 14:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:16.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks