Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2012, 14:52   #5656
Senior - BHPian
 
black12rr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Ridin earth now
Posts: 1,259
Thanked: 272 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
Interested in a BUlk deal for ST50?
Depends on price .Let others know about the price we are getting . BTW do you know if 50VT50 is also coming ? .I am thinking if the wait and price is worth to get 50VT50 . 50VT50 has got some very good reviews .Since we are getting TV only once ,should get a good one . So much choices .
black12rr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 15:15   #5657
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by black12rr View Post
Depends on price .Let others know about the price we are getting . BTW do you know if 50VT50 is also coming ? .I am thinking if the wait and price is worth to get 50VT50 . 50VT50 has got some very good reviews .Since we are getting TV only once ,should get a good one . So much choices .
I know somebody in the company. Others can try too. Looking at the feature list here VIERA Line-up Comparison (Plasma) | Product Line-up for EU | VIERA | Plasma&LCD TV | Panasonic Global

I would say ST50 series suits everybody best. I am not sure if we can work a variable Panasonic deal with different models. But we can try.

Option 1: WE stay in the ST series (42 inches, 50 inches and 65 inches). ST series has the same panel as the Higher GT (THX certified) and VT (Multiple Settings and extra features) for a higher price. Also the Field drive is 2400HZ in the model we are looking at unlike what's mentioned in the lineup.

Option2: we try for a discount with variable models.


I am looking at the ST50. Which model are you people looking at?
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 19:36   #5658
BHPian
 
Cowardly Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 46
Thanked: 41 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I know somebody in the company. Others can try too. Looking at the feature list here VIERA Line-up Comparison (Plasma) | Product Line-up for EU | VIERA | Plasma&LCD TV | Panasonic Global

I would say ST50 series suits everybody best. I am not sure if we can work a variable Panasonic deal with different models. But we can try.

Option 1: WE stay in the ST series (42 inches, 50 inches and 65 inches). ST series has the same panel as the Higher GT (THX certified) and VT (Multiple Settings and extra features) for a higher price. Also the Field drive is 2400HZ in the model we are looking at unlike what's mentioned in the lineup.

Option2: we try for a discount with variable models.


I am looking at the ST50. Which model are you people looking at?

1) I asked my brother to have a look at the ST50 and VT50 series in the US. He was unable to justify the premium that was being sought for the VT series over the ST series. The THX cert only means that it will have some sort of preset calibration done according to the THX standards. I think that in our homes, where the viewing is normally done in less than ideal conditions, the THX calibration will only offer a very small increment in the viewing delight.

2) Personally speaking I'm not ready to spend over 100k on a TV.

3) In fact if given a good price, I'm OK with 50ST30..!

4) The ST series is only available in 50", 55", 60" and 65". As of now there is no official word on how all of these are going to be priced (AFAIK).

5) One more thing - if about 5-10 people get together and try to pick up a Panasonic TV each (variable models notwithstanding), I believe that we will still be able to get a great deal. At least no harm in trying to pool our resources and see what we are able to make of it ...?

So in case anyone is keeping a count - I'm in for 50ST30/50ST30.
And for the record I've already been quoted 70K for 50ST30.
Cowardly Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 21:20   #5659
Senior - BHPian
 
khoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Dilli
Posts: 2,722
Thanked: 1,250 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

First the THX gives you a whole lot of nuances to play with which in the other series are either preset or not available depending on the series and second it makes a world of difference to the rendering on the panel even for DTH viewing. Having said that I concur & as you posted it is not worth the huge difference between the ST and the VT's prices. You may want to go to the Panasonic 'playroom' (as I call it) otherwise known as the Experience center on the 'Mall Mile' in Gurgaon (directly opposite the Westin hotel across the road) and experience the difference first hand.

If you are able to do a group deal it would be a first for this forum. You may want to visit the Hifivision forum that is dedicated to the world of audio and video. You will find threads specifically dedicated to the purchase & then ownership reviews of 50VT20; 50ST30 so on and so forth. You could garner a whole lot of info from the current efforts on group deals, ongoing offers in various cities etc. Remember there is not a single shop counter willing to be stuck with old models and the companies too work with them in clearing old stock. Last year the 50VT20 with a sticker price of 1,99,999.00 at it's launch was sold for 74200/- along with freebies worth 12+K, extra pair of 3D glass (7K); TataskyHD+ PVR (4K); Logitec wireless keyboard (1+K); Do the math and apply it to the current situation. The best part is that a large group is not required, last year before the deal went viral, people were actually negotiating independent deals around the 80K mark before 4 guys got together here in Dilli and cracked the above deal for just 5 pieces. Now with the launch of the '50 models you stand the same chance as us guys of cracking the price for the '30 models.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowardly Lion View Post
1) The THX cert only means that it will have some sort of preset calibration done according to the THX standards. I think that in our homes, where the viewing is normally done in less than ideal conditions, the THX calibration will only offer a very small increment in the viewing delight.

2) Personally speaking I'm not ready to spend over 100k on a TV.

5) One more thing - if about 5-10 people get together and try to pick up a Panasonic TV each (variable models notwithstanding), I believe that we will still be able to get a great deal. At least no harm in trying to pool our resources and see what we are able to make of it ...?
khoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2012, 22:09   #5660
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 468
Thanked: 174 Times
Default

To add to the group deal initiative, I am waiting for 42UT50. If the price is right can consider 42ST50 or 50UT50.
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 02:03   #5661
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

50ST50
Devarshi84

50ST30/50ST50
cowardly lion

42ST50
Guite

7 more to go.I want to stick to ST50 for the smart capabilities and superb Contrast. I watch a lot of movies, serials and videos online. andfor the contrast I've see the 50 series perform on par with the LED's. with only a slight difference.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 07:15   #5662
BHPian
 
Cowardly Lion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 46
Thanked: 41 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
50ST50
Devarshi84

50ST30/50ST50
cowardly lion

42ST50
Guite

7 more to go.I want to stick to ST50 for the smart capabilities and superb Contrast. I watch a lot of movies, serials and videos online. andfor the contrast I've see the 50 series perform on par with the LED's. with only a slight difference.
The size 42" will not be a part of the ST50 series. The sizes will start from 50" and will include 55", 60" & 65".
Cowardly Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 11:36   #5663
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 833
Thanked: 125 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowardly Lion View Post
The size 42" will not be a part of the ST50 series. The sizes will start from 50" and will include 55", 60" & 65".
But the website shows there is a 42" for ST.

I would have joined in too but mom has postponed the purchase by a month of two. My mom has her eye fixed on the basic plasma 50X50.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 12:49   #5664
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 234
Thanked: 40 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

I am in for P42ST50D
CRV2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 12:49   #5665
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancham View Post
But the website shows there is a 42" for ST.

I would have joined in too but mom has postponed the purchase by a month of two. My mom has her eye fixed on the basic plasma 50X50.
If BUlk buying falls into place, it will still take a month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowardly Lion View Post
The size 42" will not be a part of the ST50 series. The sizes will start from 50" and will include 55", 60" & 65".
They have recently update Panasonic India website with 42ST50. So it is coming.


50ST50
Devarshi84
cowardly lion

42ST50
Guite
CRV2010
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 14:50   #5666
BHPian
 
Pancham's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 833
Thanked: 125 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
If BUlk buying falls into place, it will still take a month.
That sounds good but still dont count me in yet. Just keep this thread updated with your bulk buying process.
Pancham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 17:31   #5667
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: India
Posts: 612
Thanked: 588 Times
Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Wow! I have been reading this thread for a long time and I am more confused now. I need a 40 size TV to replace my CRT. I don't know if LED is the ideal choice or LCD. Could you guys please summarize it for me in terms of LED/LCD, Better brands from Sony, LG, Samsung, Toshiba?
I wouldn't like to pay more than 48K.
Pedaltothefloor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 19:05   #5668
BHPian
 
chetans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 225
Thanked: 71 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

i am on lookout for 40/42 plasma.
(not done enough reading on features etc)

Please consider me tentative as of now until prices are informed for various models.

Last edited by chetans : 28th June 2012 at 19:06. Reason: editing
chetans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 21:11   #5669
Senior - BHPian
 
devarshi84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ahmedabad - Tor
Posts: 3,996
Thanked: 118 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

updated:

50ST50
Devarshi84
cowardly lion

42ST50
Guite
CRV2010
chetans

PS: members who are checking out plasma sets at various stores are requested to upload the prices they are quote for 42ST50 and 50ST50.

In post# 5643 42ST50 has been quote at 64K.
I've been quote 50ST50 at 96K but the confusion is yet to be cleared whether it is 50ST30 or 50ST50.
devarshi84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2012, 21:42   #5670
BHPian
 
Guite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Noida, NCR
Posts: 468
Thanked: 174 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedaltothefloor View Post
Wow! I have been reading this thread for a long time and I am more confused now. I need a 40 size TV to replace my CRT. I don't know if LED is the ideal choice or LCD. Could you guys please summarize it for me in terms of LED/LCD, Better brands from Sony, LG, Samsung, Toshiba?
Go for LED, most companies are concentrating more on LED than LCD, so you will find better picture quality, more features in LED. Till recently I thought Sony was the best in TV but now my opinion has changed. Samsung and Panasonic are making great strides in consumer grade display technologies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
updated:
In post# 5643 42ST50 has been quote at 64K.
I've been quote 50ST50 at 96K but the confusion is yet to be cleared whether it is 50ST30 or 50ST50.
I was quoted 64K for 42ST30 at a brand shop one month back, so post# 5643 is probably a communication gap.
Guite is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Movies, Documentaries, games, etc to Showcase your hi-def plasma/lcd & HTS jassi Shifting gears 58 28th December 2010 19:11
Underglow Thread: Please post pics & info of underglow(neon/LED/etc.) kit on your car DIY Guru Modifications & Accessories 1 18th November 2010 03:08
LCD TV or (LCD montior+VGA Box) for Wii? ashwin489 Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 20th July 2009 14:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks