Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2013, 07:19   #7096
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Patna
Posts: 198
Thanked: 33 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerAlte View Post
You are not the only victim of 'neutral shift' that happens when overhead distribution wires clash. The condition at the end is called 'single phasing' commonly. That is not 'voltage fluctuation' - that is a line fault that occurs rarely, usually when there are strong / storm winds. I have no clue what TV you had and what protection it had - the solution is a Spike Buster, not UPS or Stabilizer. And no, display control line or pixel failure doesn't occur due to that - it is an inherent risk with TVs and monitors.

I think you are right. It happened in my apartment when a big hawk tried to land on the 11000 line. The wire swung and touched. Despite all the isolaters and mcbs some electrical stuff were damaged.
Carcrazy60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 07:21   #7097
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,334
Thanked: 4,225 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Last week I purchased Samasung 40inch LED from Reliance Digital(yet to be installed since i will be installing it when I move to my new home). Now I am looking for Extended Warranty as well. Reliance guys are insisting me to buy the extended warranty from them for which they are offering for around Rs. 3800 (2nd and 3rd year). They say, they don't have samsung warranty. Now, is it ok to go with Reliance warranty or Samsung? If Samsung, then where will get this from?
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 14:38   #7098
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Last week I purchased Samasung 40inch LED from Reliance Digital(yet to be installed since i will be installing it when I move to my new home). Now I am looking for Extended Warranty as well. Reliance guys are insisting me to buy the extended warranty from them for which they are offering for around Rs. 3800 (2nd and 3rd year). They say, they don't have samsung warranty. Now, is it ok to go with Reliance warranty or Samsung? If Samsung, then where will get this from?
Its a ploy of RD to sell you the extended warranty as they have targets on same. When I checked with my sales representative he mentioned you can buy on the last day of your 1st year warranty also, no problem.

Whereas, picture painted by EW seller was that I needed to buy along with TV purchase which is incorrect. So my advise, dont fall for this ploy
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 19:07   #7099
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 574
Thanked: 159 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
If Samsung, then where will get this from?
I think it was clarified couple of pages back. If you want to get it from Samsung, you have to call Samsung support. They will give you all the pricing and if finalize, they send a representative to your home. This warranty can be bought anytime during the first year when your product is in warranty.
shipnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 22:53   #7100
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 2,334
Thanked: 4,225 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Its a ploy of RD to sell you the extended warranty as they have targets on same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
If you want to get it from Samsung, you have to call Samsung support. They will give you all the pricing and if finalize, they send a representative to your home. This warranty can be bought anytime during the first year when your product is in warranty.
Thanks Avinash and Shipnil for the feedback. I will take it directly from Samsung before the end of first year.
arun_josie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2013, 21:13   #7101
Senior - BHPian
 
VW2010's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: electricity
Posts: 2,572
Thanked: 2,047 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

So i get a call from Pana. Pana has approved my unit replacement. (Issue updated a page or two back). Now they want to replace my plasmat 50ST50 with 50ET60(LED). I am not really convinced that its the right replacement.

I may be ok with a DT series. I have told them to give me a plasma as i searched, went all the way to Trivandrum and picked the 50ST50.

Anyone using a ET series, please throw some light on it.

I am pushing for 50ST60D and remain with Plasma. Their reasoning is also fine, that their plasma is going to be stopped which was in news and are moving to LED.

I am going to tell them its not the cost but the features that the ST series had that made me buy it in the first place. The ET series is not exactly comparable to what ST can offer. Any inputs?
VW2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 19:03   #7102
NGM
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 73
Thanked: 16 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
So i get a call from Pana. Pana has approved my unit replacement. (Issue updated a page or two back). Now they want to replace my plasmat 50ST50 with 50ET60(LED). I am not really convinced that its the right replacement.

I may be ok with a DT series. I have told them to give me a plasma as i searched, went all the way to Trivandrum and picked the 50ST50.

Anyone using a ET series, please throw some light on it.

I am pushing for 50ST60D and remain with Plasma. Their reasoning is also fine, that their plasma is going to be stopped which was in news and are moving to LED.

I am going to tell them its not the cost but the features that the ST series had that made me buy it in the first place. The ET series is not exactly comparable to what ST can offer. Any inputs?
I think you are right. ET60 is not comparable to ST series and if at all you are comfortable with moving to LED,you should negotiate for a higher series like DT.

I own an E6 and it is no way comparable to an ST series.I was in the market this year for plasma,but due to no stocks has to settle for LED. 3D does not interest me much so went for E6 instead of ET60.

I think you can also negotiate for a buy back(maybe depreciated) if you are not comfortable with the replacement they offer and go buy a new TV of your choice.
NGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 22:32   #7103
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 380 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post
So i get a call from Pana. Pana has approved my unit replacement. (Issue updated a page or two back). Now they want to replace my plasmat 50ST50 with 50ET60(LED). I am not really convinced that its the right replacement.
This is standard practice with Panasonic here in India. You can read several cases on the hifivision forum where members have got an offer of an LED as replacement for their Panasonic plasma.

Please ask for a refund, and then switch to Samsung plasma - perhaps F8500 (64 inches).
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2013, 23:09   #7104
BHPian
 
dilipkumar7278's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: COCHIN
Posts: 382
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

I am in search for lg 4k television here in cochin. But the Lg brand shop in my city is notaware of the launch here.Same is the case with the dealer showrooms here.They are not able to give me definite reply regarding its availability here.Is it not introduced in kerala market? Has anyone bought the tv?
Regards
Dilip
dilipkumar7278 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 18:33   #7105
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Gujarat 03
Posts: 1,302
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Hello Guys,

Shall i go for Samsung 3D Internet 6400 55 Inch for Rs. 1,05,000/- OR Sony 3D Internet W804 55 Inch for 1,21,000/-?

Please comment. Thank you.
Mugen_Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 18:58   #7106
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: hyderabad
Posts: 59
Thanked: 22 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Hi All,
I'm looking for a 39" or 40" LED. My 16 year old Philips 21" crt finally gave up last week and has been waiting for parts to arrive for replacement ever since.

My budget is 40k, can extend it to 50k. I do not need a smart tv. I've read that there are media units (not sure of the exact term that is used to describe them) which can be connected to the tv via a usb and it has all those features that a smart tv has plus it can be easily upgraded in future.

Any particular recommendations ? Brand, Model ?

I went to the local RD store and the executive there recommended Panasonic 39" inch model. http://www.snapdeal.com/product/pana...77944?pos=5;11

Link from Panasonic India website : http://www.panasonic.com/in/consumer...h-l39b60d.html

How do I decide between Samsung, Sony, LG and Panasonic ? From the demo's, the sales guy from RD informed me that the picture in Samsung is dull, Sony does not make its own panels and sources from another supplier, LG's do not have great picture quality and the Pana model that I mentioned above has excellent picture quality and is excellent VFM. Btw, he quoted 43900/- and promised to outdo the best offer that I get from other stores in Hyderabad.

Last edited by kaka46 : 23rd November 2013 at 19:02. Reason: added url from Panasonic India website
kaka46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd November 2013, 19:29   #7107
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,746
Thanked: 7,964 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Disaster struck couple of days back.

While TV was running, display just conked off but, dialogues were playing in background for a minute or so. Reported to RD, they were simply awesome to calm me down in a jiffy and said its rarest of rare thing of TV failing like this.Next day Samsung guys in proper uniform came and opened up the TV and said its due to faulty panel. It needs replacement

Apparently, there is nothing that is repaired. Everything is replaced. TV replacement policy is 30 days or below, no questions asked.ETA to get the TV back is Monday.RD promised after panel replacement if iam not happy, they would be replace the TV

Disappointed in a way as my previous samsung tv ran flawlessly for 6+ years but, quite glad to get such superb and prompt service.

Hoping it comes back as good as new.
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 10:34   #7108
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Pune
Posts: 574
Thanked: 159 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Disappointed in a way as my previous samsung tv ran flawlessly for 6+ years but, quite glad to get such superb and prompt service.

Hoping it comes back as good as new.
Due to experiences like these I am feeling like I should get the extended warranty. Yours failed in the first year so no problems in replacements but quite a few were unlucky in that theirs failed just after completing first year.
shipnil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 10:50   #7109
BHPian
 
saikatmandal04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 63
Thanked: 23 Times
Default re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Due to experiences like these I am feeling like I should get the extended warranty. Yours failed in the first year so no problems in replacements but quite a few were unlucky in that theirs failed just after completing first year.
Samsung has got a high failure rate for their hardware. Of the people I have known who own a Samsung, majority of the people had complaints including me. In my case, my HDMI port failed just after completing a year. A 3-year warranty was the only thing I was looking when I was buying my 2nd TV and thankfully settled for a Panny Plasma. I not only got a wonderful TV but Peace of mind is what I got finally.
saikatmandal04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2013, 16:44   #7110
BHPian
 
dilipkumar7278's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: COCHIN
Posts: 382
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd February 2014 at 16:31.
dilipkumar7278 is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Movies, Documentaries, games, etc to Showcase your hi-def plasma/lcd & HTS jassi Shifting gears 58 28th December 2010 19:11
Underglow Thread: Please post pics & info of underglow(neon/LED/etc.) kit on your car DIY Guru Modifications & Accessories 1 18th November 2010 03:08
LCD TV or (LCD montior+VGA Box) for Wii? ashwin489 Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 20th July 2009 14:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 04:26.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks