Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2016, 09:19   #8011
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 679
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
Well, To me picture quality and the darkest black are of prime importance in buying a TV. I did read about the reboots, But I can live with it. To each his own
Do take a look at 950 C and 800 C, and evaluate the difference.

IIRC, 950C was the first series with Android Base.

Let us know your outcome
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2016, 15:37   #8012
BHPian
 
avimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 215
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Do take a look at 950 C and 800 C, and evaluate the difference.

IIRC, 950C was the first series with Android Base.

Let us know your outcome
800c is with android. difference is that 8xx series is without TRILUMINOS display. I also liked 800c over LG 4K Tvs in terms of picture quality. I think all 4K tvs suffer in upscaling.
avimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 15:47   #8013
BHPian
 
Figopian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 350
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Guys,

My Samsung LED Full HD TV went blank last week. The customer service person visited and concluded the display is gone needs to be replaced. It costs Rs. 24000/-.

I am wondering if its worth spending this much money or better a get a new TV. My TV was just 2 years old, bought for 55k and warranty was just a year.

Also, in Pune, if you know who can repair this TV cheaper than Samsung, please let m e know. I am scared of spending another half lakhs on TV that too so soon
Figopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 16:03   #8014
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Back to Chndgrh
Posts: 2,003
Thanked: 2,452 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
I am wondering if its worth spending this much money or better a get a new TV
Which size do you own presently? might not be worth spending so much on display if this is less than 50 inches. Check the range of Panasonic - these comes with 3 Year warranty and have far better colours & black levels.
Turbanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 18:54   #8015
BHPian
 
Figopian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 350
Thanked: 98 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Which size do you own presently? might not be worth spending so much on display if this is less than 50 inches. Check the range of Panasonic - these comes with 3 Year warranty and have far better colours & black levels.
Mine is 40 inches. Yes, now I am certainly looking for something with more warranty.
Figopian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2016, 19:53   #8016
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 247
Thanked: 110 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figopian View Post
Mine is 40 inches. Yes, now I am certainly looking for something with more warranty.
Get one more opinion from another service center or technician. Seems too expensive. My uncle changed the main board for a Sony 32 and paid 8k while the same issue in my friends tv (same model) was fixed for 1800 by the Sony company technician. Both were purchased off the grey market.
diyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 13:12   #8017
Senior - BHPian
 
sdp1975's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,567
Thanked: 875 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Is a voltage stabilizer necessary for LED Tvs ? I visited the Vu centre at Barton centre and they told me it isn't necessary. I stay in an apartment complex with generator backup , and I'm not sure of the power quality.
sdp1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th February 2016, 21:00   #8018
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 471
Thanked: 415 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Is a voltage stabilizer necessary for LED Tvs ? I visited the Vu centre at Barton centre and they told me it isn't necessary.
Sales guys mentioning that a stabilizer is not required (if you ask them while buying any electrical appliance) is an age old phenomenon. I bet they would be using one in their own home.

Its always a good idea to protect your TV's electronics from voltage surges and spikes especially during late nights. I went for V-Guard crystal model for my recently purchased LED TV.

Last edited by for_cars1 : 20th February 2016 at 21:10.
for_cars1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 13:01   #8019
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: DL9C
Posts: 2,383
Thanked: 1,979 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

For a 32 inch model, what would be a better bet, Full HD or HD Ready?
Viewing distances, approx 6-7 feet.
Content - mostly 720p/1080p shows/movies through HD, PD.

I am looking at Smart models only as don't intend on hooking it up with a set-top box. Not to keen on media streaming sticks as experience with Teewe has not been all that great.

Budget, the lesser the better. It will be a secondary set with ~1-2 hrs average daily use. Any recommendations?
Dry Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st February 2016, 18:26   #8020
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,096
Thanked: 978 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dry Ice View Post
For a 32 inch model, what would be a better bet, Full HD or HD Ready?
Viewing distances, approx 6-7 feet.
Content - mostly 720p/1080p shows/movies through HD, PD.

I am looking at Smart models only as don't intend on hooking it up with a set-top box. Not to keen on media streaming sticks as experience with Teewe has not been all that great.

Budget, the lesser the better. It will be a secondary set with ~1-2 hrs average daily use. Any recommendations?
HD is the way to go. HD ready panels are phased out, so future repairs may be problematic. Anyway there is no case for seeing it at 1080p at 720p (HD ready)
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2016, 19:14   #8021
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 679
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
Well, To me picture quality and the darkest black are of prime importance in buying a TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dre@ms View Post
I did check the reviews, especially the negatives. Android TV are so new and one thing every person says is the frequent reboots which is due to Android. So a bit skeptical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
800c is with android. difference is that 8xx series is without TRILUMINOS display. I also liked 800c over LG 4K Tvs in terms of picture quality. I think all 4K tvs suffer in upscaling.
Guys, Jumping into the confusion, was exploring to freeze either KDL W800C or KDL W800D.

Both are listed at the same price. Now, I was trying to figure out the differences between the two models, couldn't figure out any.

Can you help me out with it please !!!!
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2016, 22:24   #8022
BHPian
 
avimal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 215
Thanked: 45 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys, Jumping into the confusion, was exploring to freeze either KDL W800C or KDL W800D.

Both are listed at the same price. Now, I was trying to figure out the differences between the two models, couldn't figure out any.

Can you help me out with it please !!!!

I don't see model w800d on sony site. Can you post the link with details of this model. I doubt there is such model in india. They might be selling same with different code in different countries.
avimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2016, 07:05   #8023
BHPian
 
karts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 97
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Guys, Jumping into the confusion, was exploring to freeze either KDL W800C or KDL W800D.

Both are listed at the same price. Now, I was trying to figure out the differences between the two models, couldn't figure out any.

Can you help me out with it please !!!!
AFAIK, there is no W800D series, let us know where you got to see this, In all probability, it seems to be a typo at whichever place you saw these.
karts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2016, 08:10   #8024
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: @ Driver's Seat @
Posts: 679
Thanked: 57 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karts View Post
AFAIK, there is no W800D series, let us know where you got to see this, In all probability, it seems to be a typo at whichever place you saw these.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avimal View Post
I don't see model w800d on sony site. Can you post the link with details of this model. I doubt there is such model in india. They might be selling same with different code in different countries.
Herein lies the series details . Still confused


W80C Full HD with Android TV

http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/te...c-w800c-series

W80D Full HD with Android TV

http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/te...s/w800d-series

Can these be wall mountable ? Images show only table mounts !

Thanks for all your help.

Need to freeze the model in a day or two.
lambuhere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2016, 08:25   #8025
BHPian
 
karts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Chennai
Posts: 97
Thanked: 76 Times
Default Re: The TV Thread - LCD, Plasma, LED etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
Herein lies the series details . Still confused


W80C Full HD with Android TV

http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/te...c-w800c-series

W80D Full HD with Android TV

http://www.sony.co.in/electronics/te...s/w800d-series

Can these be wall mountable ? Images show only table mounts !

Thanks for all your help.

Need to freeze the model in a day or two.
Hmmm. The only thing which I can see of a difference is addition of sony abtak, X-protection PRO which I don't find in W800C, Visit any of the Sony Centers, they should definitely knowing the differences. And YES, they can be wall mounted.
karts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Best Movies, Documentaries, games, etc to Showcase your hi-def plasma/lcd & HTS jassi Shifting gears 58 28th December 2010 19:11
Underglow Thread: Please post pics & info of underglow(neon/LED/etc.) kit on your car DIY Guru Modifications & Accessories 1 18th November 2010 03:08
LCD TV or (LCD montior+VGA Box) for Wii? ashwin489 Gadgets, Computers & Software 0 20th July 2009 14:33


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:37.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks