Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2015, 13:41   #2791
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 526
Thanked: 101 Times
Question re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
But I got the same thing locally for Rs-1,300.
Wow! Where was this?

Could this be used on a 2000 model alto?
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 14:10   #2792
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,251
Thanked: 627 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
Wow! Where was this?

Could this be used on a 2000 model alto?
JC road, ask for the osram distributer forgot the shop name. Yup it will, the car uses standard H4 bulbs. You wont have to make any modifications or add relays if you use these bulbs.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 15th February 2015 at 14:12.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 14:44   #2793
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 526
Thanked: 101 Times
Angry re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
JC road, ask for the osram distributer forgot the shop name.
It is tough to get a straight answer at JC road. Everyone wants our business and pulls us aside.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 22:19   #2794
Senior - BHPian
 
sagarpadaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,619
Thanked: 1,237 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
JC road, ask for the osram distributer forgot the shop name. Yup it will, the car uses standard H4 bulbs. You wont have to make any modifications or add relays if you use these bulbs.






Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
It is tough to get a straight answer at JC road. Everyone wants our business and pulls us aside.

True... JC road is vast and it is difficult to get to the shop even after knowing its name. Just asking for osram distributor would not help much.

Would be helpful if you can share the shop name and contact details and address
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2015, 22:56   #2795
Senior - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 2,195
Thanked: 1,239 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
But I got the same thing locally for Rs-1,300.
Hi, do let us know where. I have been unable to source them for less than 2000 bucks!
itwasntme is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 00:04   #2796
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,251
Thanked: 627 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
It is tough to get a straight answer at JC road. Everyone wants our business and pulls us aside.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
True... JC road is vast and it is difficult to get to the shop even after knowing its name. Just asking for osram distributor would not help much.

Would be helpful if you can share the shop name and contact details and address
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi, do let us know where. I have been unable to source them for less than 2000 bucks!

I understand that, its like searching for a needle in a haystack

We all know AK traders is our guy for Philips bulbs I got my first set from him 3-4 years back.

AK Traders
No.22/23,1st Flr,
3rd Crs,
Jc Road,
Bangalore - 560002,
Ph: 9844166794

There is one guy who is dedicated for Osaram bulbs. Next time I go there will surely keep a note of this place and update here.

Last edited by Captain Slow : 16th February 2015 at 00:06.
Captain Slow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 10:46   #2797
BHPian
 
1lokesh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: MP-09, MH-02,
Posts: 211
Thanked: 354 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Amazon.com has some of these brands listed, and ship to India, see here. They take care of customs, so there won't be any hassles.
Thanks Arun... But couldn't find speed skates there. They have 2 listings but those are 'used' ones and not shippeligible for ship to India
1lokesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 13:31   #2798
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,317
Thanked: 689 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

So AliExpress turned out to be extremely good and fast. Ordered a pair of headphone sponges (didn't get them anywhere else), some banana plugs and a retractor for my office badge. They reached within 2 weeks and the banana plugs actually reached in 12 days flat. Even then, the maximum time was taken by India Post. Wow, that was some speedy service.
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 14:02   #2799
BHPian
 
treadmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 376
Thanked: 156 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Majority of the folks in my office floor were on a shopping spree on last friday (13 Feb 15)!
For some reason Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was retailing close to INR 9K and Dell Inspiron 15R5537 touch screen (4th Generation Intel Core i5-4200U- 4GB RAM- 750GB HDD- 15.6 Inches) for little over INR 15K in snapdeal. Similarly there were few more Dell touch screen series laptops with 80% discounts; I wonder why the offer is only on touch screen.

People were hunting for more than two pieces each, but then not to my surprise every one had received an email / call over this weekend stating that it was a pricing error and they had to cancel their orders.
Snapdeal is good in doing it over and over again
To be honest even I had a feeling on Friday it was sour grapes when I missed the opportunity

Cheers!
treadmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th February 2015, 16:08   #2800
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 378 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by treadmark View Post
Majority of the folks in my office floor were on a shopping spree on last friday (13 Feb 15)!
For some reason Samsung Galaxy Note 3 was retailing close to INR 9K and Dell Inspiron 15R5537 touch screen (4th Generation Intel Core i5-4200U- 4GB RAM- 750GB HDD- 15.6 Inches) for little over INR 15K in snapdeal. Similarly there were few more Dell touch screen series laptops with 80% discounts; I wonder why the offer is only on touch screen.

People were hunting for more than two pieces each, but then not to my surprise every one had received an email / call over this weekend stating that it was a pricing error and they had to cancel their orders.
Snapdeal is good in doing it over and over again
To be honest even I had a feeling on Friday it was sour grapes when I missed the opportunity

Cheers!
They all get it from here: http://www.desidime.com/forums/hot-deals-online
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 11:37   #2801
BHPian
 
deathwalkr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Trivandrum
Posts: 628
Thanked: 448 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
So AliExpress turned out to be extremely good and fast. Ordered a pair of headphone sponges (didn't get them anywhere else), some banana plugs and a retractor for my office badge. They reached within 2 weeks and the banana plugs actually reached in 12 days flat. Even then, the maximum time was taken by India Post. Wow, that was some speedy service.
You got lucky my friend Two months and am waiting for a car badge :P

I find better service when item is shipped with any service other than china post.
deathwalkr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 11:56   #2802
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,367
Thanked: 1,124 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
So AliExpress turned out to be extremely good and fast. Ordered a pair of headphone sponges (didn't get them anywhere else), some banana plugs and a retractor for my office badge. They reached within 2 weeks and the banana plugs actually reached in 12 days flat. Even then, the maximum time was taken by India Post. Wow, that was some speedy service.
Was the shipping free (via china post)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
You got lucky my friend Two months and am waiting for a car badge :P

I find better service when item is shipped with any service other than china post.
I concur. It took about 36 days to get my first order delivered, and even after waiting for 24 days, my tracking number is still not updated in the china post website for my second order.

With AliExpress, my mantra is - 'order it, pay it, forget it' - It will get delivered eventually, but you have to be patient.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 13:35   #2803
Senior - BHPian
 
naveenroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 1,317
Thanked: 689 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwalkr View Post
You got lucky my friend Two months and am waiting for a car badge :P

I find better service when item is shipped with any service other than china post.
Hehehe, 3 times lucky then. Thats a 3/3. Not bad. Let me try again
naveenroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 13:37   #2804
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 526
Thanked: 101 Times
Question re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
There is one guy who is dedicated for Osaram bulbs. Next time I go there will surely keep a note of this place and update here.
Is he any closer to this AK Traders? Is he on the JC Road or one of the parallel or perpendicular roads?

If you can give us some land marks around the dealer, we can sort this out.
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2015, 17:13   #2805
Team-BHP Support
 
Gannu_1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Madras
Posts: 4,801
Thanked: 9,459 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
So AliExpress turned out to be extremely good and fast. Ordered a pair of headphone sponges (didn't get them anywhere else), some banana plugs and a retractor for my office badge. They reached within 2 weeks and the banana plugs actually reached in 12 days flat. Even then, the maximum time was taken by India Post. Wow, that was some speedy service.
Lucky you man! My snail mail is yet to depart Hong Kong:

The Online Shopping Thread-3.png



TBH, I trust Aliexpress more than eBay.in or other e-tailers. Have never lost a consignment so far and all of them have reached me in shipshape. Have ordered around 10 items so far. A select few of those were from the same dealer and he chose a better courier service (DPEX) and the consignments reached me in a week's time.
Gannu_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Online Indian Movie viewing thread phamilyman Shifting gears 11 14th April 2014 15:27
Most ever users online. EDIT : 14,753 online on 8th August, 2011! theragingbull Shifting gears 15 24th September 2010 16:24
My Car shopping satish_appasani The Indian Car Scene 64 17th November 2004 13:33
Shopping for my new car satish_appasani Hatchbacks 24 30th July 2004 16:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 08:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks