Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2015, 08:57   #4216
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 254
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambuhere1 View Post
How does apple work on warranty aspects of its product ? Do I need to purchase any additional warranty ?
No additional warranty will get Apple to fix any issue here in India for you for the mini 2. However you can purchase Apple care for a replacement warranty (US only) at nominal cost. I got my iPhone 6 Plus with apple care from the US and purchased Apple care with it. So in two years I can get a new replacement phone if I drop or break my phone at a cost of 100$. I can do this twice in the coverage period but this is valid only in the US. I will have to send it with someone or when I visit.
On your mini 2, I am not sure if it qualifies for Apple care when purchased in Walmart but for that low price it is a no brainier buy, imho.
diyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 15:53   #4217
Senior - BHPian
 
vinit.merchant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,128
Thanked: 934 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Cool discounts on Paytm on footwear.

Was eyeing a particular Adidas pair and found it at 40% discount + additional 35% in cash back. Ordered it. Now lets hope it is genuine & reaches me by 12th.

PS: My second order on Paytm & I hope I am not disappointed. My first order was when they first started selling online and they sent me wrong a size, and refunded in wallet. Small amount so dint care.
Some Reebok's, Puma's & adidas are going as low as 900. Worth a look
vinit.merchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 21:10   #4218
BHPian
 
drdeepudev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Alleppey, Kerala
Posts: 229
Thanked: 54 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Bad experience from the earth's most customer centric company (as claimed in their mail), Amazon .
October 27th ordered three items from Amazon.
1. Karbonn titanium Mach five, an amazon fulfilled item sent through their in-house courier ATS.


On Nov 2nd, around 11am I received their SMS that Karbonn phone is out for delivery and I received that sms thrice quoting their delivery guy's number. As per telephonic conversation, the guy correctly located the address and informed that he will deliver it by 7pm. I waited till 6pm, but that package never arrived. I tried calling the delivery guy's number and it was switched off. Finally at 9.20pm, I received a mail and Sms that no one was there in the address to deliver the package which is false. I promptly called up their customer care number and lodged a complaint. Did not expect this from Amazon and their ATS.

.
Update: Received the package at around 12pm today. When enquired why the package was not delivered yesterday and why they reported there was no one to receive the package at the address, I was promptly informed by the delivery guy that he had some personal issues and it is common that they would update like this in their system if the package could not be delivered that day. I was pretty shocked hearing his reply.

OT: I had ordered a Philips Headphone SHL3300BK/00 from flipkart on Nov 1 at 6.30pm and it was delivered today at around 11am. This delivery happened in less than 48 hours and this is what I expect from online companies.
drdeepudev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:11   #4219
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdeepudev View Post
Update: Received the package at around 12pm today. When enquired why the package was not delivered yesterday and why they reported there was no one to receive the package at the address, I was promptly informed by the delivery guy that he had some personal issues and it is common that they would update like this in their system if the package could not be delivered that day. I was pretty shocked hearing his reply.

OT: I had ordered a Philips Headphone SHL3300BK/00 from flipkart on Nov 1 at 6.30pm and it was delivered today at around 11am. This delivery happened in less than 48 hours and this is what I expect from online companies.
This is becoming a standard modus operandi for the delivery companies of late. I have faced this umpteen number of times now! Maybe they deliberately do this so that the receiver makes sure somebody is at home the next day so as not to miss. I have faced this issue with all of them - flipkart, amazon, myntra, jabong, fedex, bluedart and other not so well not couriers!
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 22:51   #4220
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 141
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

There are multiple reasons for them to give that reason.

1) They have to deliver a certain number of packages in a day. If they cant meet the number it goes against them. Better to say they weren't at home then to meet the target on time.
2) They genuinely are stuck in traffic or are climbing several stairs to reach a customer and sat down to take a breather and again cant meet the deadline so they make that excuse.
3) They might have run out of fuel in their vehicle. I have seen this happen. I called the guy and he told me where he is, I reached and saw him sitting alone in vehicle waiting for the driver to get fuel.

Sometimes things just happen. It should not be a big deal if its delayed by a day.

Most online retailers are offering one day/two day deliveries, which burdens the delivery guys. Your package will be delivered not today but maybe tomorrow, but at least they get to keep their jobs and not get scolded for not making the deliveries on time.
falconion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 23:03   #4221
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 254
Thanked: 112 Times
Default

The reason for that update is also that logically that is the most nearest reason in the drop down most likely for them to select, without blaming themselves. In all likelihood they have preset values to select from and without shooting themselves they'd rather choose anything else
diyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 23:05   #4222
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,229
Thanked: 416 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by falconion View Post
There are multiple reasons for them to give that reason.

1) They have to deliver a certain number of packages in a day. If they cant meet the number it goes against them. Better to say they weren't at home then to meet the target on time.
2) They genuinely are stuck in traffic or are climbing several stairs to reach a customer and sat down to take a breather and again cant meet the deadline so they make that excuse.
3) They might have run out of fuel in their vehicle. I have seen this happen. I called the guy and he told me where he is, I reached and saw him sitting alone in vehicle waiting for the driver to get fuel.

Sometimes things just happen. It should not be a big deal if its delayed by a day.

Most online retailers are offering one day/two day deliveries, which burdens the delivery guys. Your package will be delivered not today but maybe tomorrow, but at least they get to keep their jobs and not get scolded for not making the deliveries on time.
I understand this and I do not mind a day or two delay really. I've to say the first time it happens you do get spooked.

I recently had a different kind of horror experience. I had bought something on jabong and in 2-3 days I got message in the morning that my package is out for delivery with all the details about the courier guy. As usual nobody turned up but to my horror in the evening when I checked status on jabong, it showed already delivered! Had to call them up. Two days later the guy showed up with the package. This, I think is clearly overly unprofessional.
joslicx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 23:49   #4223
Senior - BHPian
 
SunnyBoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Mysore / B'lore
Posts: 1,583
Thanked: 2,767 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

PayTM is having a 50% cashback sale for automotive stuff.

Full list :https://paytm.com/shop/g/automotive/...to-accessories

My Picks

Skil Pressure washer. Rs 6000 after cashback Rs 3000. Sweet deal
https://paytm.com/shop/p/bosch-skil-...MB70669C283787

Tubeless Tyre repair kit . Rs 121 after cashback Rs 61. Good to keep in the car for emergencies
https://paytm.com/shop/p/morelife-ca...D2472F3C_24373

Autofolding Sunshades. Rs 499, Rs 250 after cashback. I have it in my car, well, something is better than nothing and it works better than nothing for sure.
https://paytm.com/shop/p/speedwav-ca...-312774DD59C91

GE Megalight Ultra +120 H4. Rs1140, Rs570 after cashback. I haven't used it but its well worth trying since it costs 1/3 of Xtremevision for what GE claims is the same light.
https://paytm.com/shop/p/ge-megaligh...CA212827B0A0DE

Areon Ken Bubble Gum. Rs 299, Rs 150 after cashback. I like this and bought 2 of these.
https://paytm.com/shop/p/areon-ken-b...P53602D8A2A31E

Meguiar's - Gold Class Applicator Pad (Pack Of 4) : Rs499, Rs 250 after cashback. Essential for any detailer.
https://paytm.com/shop/p/meguiar-s-g...-4645820BDF3FC
SunnyBoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 00:57   #4224
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 166
Thanked: 147 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Is Apple India warranty valid on an iPhone purchased from e-tailers like Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm?
amit_2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 10:31   #4225
BHPian
 
woof's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 125
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit_2025 View Post
Is Apple India warranty valid on an iPhone purchased from e-tailers like Flipkart, Amazon, Paytm?
Yes, it comes with Indian warranty!
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 12:44   #4226
Senior - BHPian
 
S_U_N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,781
Thanked: 380 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
PayTM is having a 50% cashback sale for automotive stuff.
Good find. I went through several of them. PayTM has increased the prices throughout and then offering discounts. So the % values are misleading.

Be careful.
This product for Rs. 1000 (approx.) is a steal.
https://paytm.com/shop/p/belkin-powe...L5542722567B02
S_U_N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 16:42   #4227
BHPian
 
harishhm74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 48
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Had my first experience with buying from Aliexpress. Bought a dash cam and mi band costing approximately Rs.1500 and Rs 900 respectively. The Dashcam is Novate, some cheap Chinese brand which seems to work decently. I will post some pics in the dashcam thread later. It is more to experience the buying than really the product. I will have to upgrade to good one later. I had to claim a 50% refund due to product quality issues but nevertheless does its job. The mii band seems good and it seems original.

Delivery times were within 30 days although the quoted 50 to 60 days..since these were low value items there were no customs hassles.
Attached Thumbnails
The Online Shopping Thread-1446635538791.jpg  


Last edited by Gannu_1 : 4th November 2015 at 17:03. Reason: Post edited. Please avoid typing with excessive dots....like....this.
harishhm74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 16:45   #4228
BHPian
 
adhiraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: BLR/CCU
Posts: 62
Thanked: 4 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Can anyone tell me if there are any additional security advantages if I pay through Alipay to Aliexpress?

I am concerned since they will be having all the details of my card.

Thanks
Adhiraj
adhiraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 17:02   #4229
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 254
Thanked: 112 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhiraj View Post
Can anyone tell me if there are any additional security advantages if I pay through Alipay to Aliexpress?
I believe it is safe, however, you should check your credit card provider's website to see if he gives you the one time use and expire credit cards. You can use that to make payments. That is what I used to do with my axisbank cc.
diyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2015, 17:03   #4230
BHPian
 
Foxbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 299
Thanked: 393 Times
Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Cool discounts on Paytm on footwear.

Was eyeing a particular Adidas pair and found it at 40% discount + additional 35% in cash back. Ordered it. Now lets hope it is genuine & reaches me by 12th.

PS: My second order on Paytm & I hope I am not disappointed. My first order was when they first started selling online and they sent me wrong a size, and refunded in wallet. Small amount so dint care.
Some Reebok's, Puma's & adidas are going as low as 900. Worth a look
It's best to exercise caution while buying things like shoes from websites like PayTM and eBay especially when they are offering unbelievable deals.

I bought Nike Air Max 2015 running shoes from Ebay for 3,600 (MRP is 16k but it is available on Amazon, Myntra for 8-9k).

The shoes look 100% real but on very minute examination they were found to be fake(only 6 out of the 9 digits in Product code match, inner sole is wrong color etc.) After fighting with Ebay for more than a week they are finally processing my refund but instead of refunding shipping cost of 485 they will be only provide a voucher

I looked up this same shoe on PayTM and found that based on the pics shown the Product is a fake and thats the reason for the low price.
Foxbat is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Online Indian Movie viewing thread phamilyman Shifting gears 11 14th April 2014 15:27
Most ever users online. EDIT : 14,753 online on 8th August, 2011! theragingbull Shifting gears 15 24th September 2010 16:24
My Car shopping satish_appasani The Indian Car Scene 64 17th November 2004 13:33
Shopping for my new car satish_appasani Hatchbacks 24 30th July 2004 16:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks