Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 28th March 2018, 22:12   #5851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Ditto here, though not "as soon as". It takes me a few days to memorize the card number and the CVV2. :-)
Hehe, not literally "as soon as" but what I do is I mail only the CVV to myself with a subject line that only I can decipher. That's it. Moreover I rarely use the pay using debit card option. It's always net banking where CVV is not required.
rajivr1612 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2018, 00:17   #5852
BHPian

Default Re: The Online Shopping Thread

I do shop online a lot for the cash back. I have a Public sector bank issued Visa debit card. Even if my card number is saved, each time I have to enter card security code or card verification value, then i am taken to an encrypted page of verified by Visa where I have to enter a password. Only after completing this last process do my payment gets confirmed/ transferred.
ritz3645 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2018, 07:10   #5853
Senior - BHPian

Bought a bunch of stuff off AliExpress yesterday. Usual prices are down ~7 to 10%, plus had collected coupons last week which gave 8 bucks off on a total spend of 70$.

A few items were even shipped out overnight :-)
itwasntme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2018, 10:37   #5854
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Bought a bunch of stuff off AliExpress yesterday. Usual prices are down ~7 to 10%, plus had collected coupons last week which gave 8 bucks off on a total spend of 70$.

A few items were even shipped out overnight :-)
Likewise. Surprised to see the prompt shipment of the orders. Now the wait begins for things i wanted but not necessarily needed
deathwalkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:08   #5855
Distinguished - BHPian

Logistics question.

I ordered a strap from Barton USA end-March, and the USPS tracking page has no entries after the package left the US (of course) on April 7.

I tried 17track that most people here seem to use to track international shipments, but it doesn't have any more info than USPS.

How do I find where my package is, and how long it will take to get delivered?

Another question, given this package isn't going to attract customs (item value ~USD 10), will it be delivered in person or in the mailbox/office mail-room like ordinary post?
Chetan_Rao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:43   #5856
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
Logistics question.

I ordered a strap from Barton USA end-March, and the USPS tracking page has no entries after the package left the US (of course) on April 7.

I tried 17track that most people here seem to use to track international shipments, but it doesn't have any more info than USPS.

Another question, given this package isn't going to attract customs (item value ~USD 10), will it be delivered in person or in the mailbox/office mail-room like ordinary post?
You can try this website: http://ipsweb.ptcmysore.gov.in/ipswebtracking/

I used to use this to track AliExpress parcels once they reach India before I got to know of 17track
ashwin.terminat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2018, 14:54   #5857
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Logistics question.

Unfortunately, USPS does not have a tie up with India post for tracking. Once it exits USA, the tracking info isnt updated at either end. However, lead time from once it exits USA is around 20 days as per my previous orders. Maybe you can expect anytime between now and a week or so. Funny why this happens, since every damn postal service can be tracked as long as its a part of EMS. I guess USPS becomes regular post once it reaches Indian soil.
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2018, 15:11   #5858
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post
You can try this website...
No details when I search for my package info. I'll retry in a week or so, if 17Track still shows nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Unfortunately, USPS does not have a tie up with India post for tracking...

....I guess USPS becomes regular post once it reaches Indian soil.
I don't mind if it gets delivered to our mailroom (like all other post/parcels not needing sign-off). My worst nightmare is the post office sitting on a package expecting me to come collect it, when I have no idea they have it.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 23rd April 2018 at 15:12.
Chetan_Rao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2018, 15:32   #5859
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't mind if it gets delivered to our mailroom (like all other post/parcels not needing sign-off). My worst nightmare is the post office sitting on a package expecting me to come collect it, when I have no idea they have it.
If you have ordered it to your official address, then expect more delay. People in my office get such parcels after a long time, or sometimes just get a call from the PO that they have to collect it. If it doesnt reach you within a week or two, consider calling up the destination post office. CHances are that they will be sitting on it.
audioholic is online now   Reply With Quote