Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2014, 12:57   #1201
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Pune
Posts: 7
Thanked: 3 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
I have been using Flipkart since long. There delivery used to be mostly before or on specified date. However after the one day delivery scheme came into place I have noticed delay in standard delivery.
It does look like it. But they are still better than SnapDeal. Stuff I bought on SD took a week to get to me. One item I ordered on SD never got delivered. It was a COD order, and some ten days later they said the dealer was unable to complete the order, and canceled it. That seemed unprofessional.
udaji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2014, 08:43   #1202
BHPian
 
abishek2222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 355
Thanked: 159 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
I am impressed with the level of customer support from these folks.
Had bought some stuff from Epitstop about one and a half years back, don't remember his name he came home once and another time to my work place and dropped all the stuff off. bought some osram bulbs and some other things. Overall a very good experience would recommend him again. Say does anyone have any experience with ibhejo.com.
abishek2222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 10:25   #1203
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 59 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Any recommendation for a place from which I can order online flowers in Bangalore?
rajesh1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 11:09   #1204
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,930
Thanked: 1,390 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Any recommendation for a place from which I can order online flowers in Bangalore?
www.bengalurugifts.com - I ordered from here last month with a 16-hour interval to delivery; they managed it (7 AM delivery).
binand is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 12:50   #1205
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,817
Thanked: 3,024 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajesh1868 View Post
Any recommendation for a place from which I can order online flowers in Bangalore?
You can try Ferns & Petals too. I ordered a cake and bouquet for a birthday, and they managed a midnight delivery on the dot. I'm in South Bangalore, do confirm availability and timings in your area before ordering.

http://www.fnp.com/flowers/flowers-t...-cI_1199-.html
Chetan_Rao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 15:04   #1206
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 188
Thanked: 59 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

@binand/Chetan,

Thanks a lot. Will go through the listings and see.
rajesh1868 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2014, 19:13   #1207
BHPian
 
mukeshgoel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 734
Thanked: 368 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Sharing my Infibeam.com experience.

I lost my 3G data card and placed an order for another data card with infibeam yesterday. Today morning, my friend called that I forgot my data card at his place. I checked my order status on Infibeam. Order status was "Open" and it mentioned "Ships By: Mar 11, 2014" under "Delivery Information".

So, early morning I requested infibeam to cancel this order which is so normal with flipkart, snapdeal, etc. And I got this reply:

"Dear customer,

Thank you for writing to us. We are happy to assist you with your query.

In regards to the mail received we would ;like to inform you that your order is in process, however if you want to cancel the order than you need to pay 10% cancellation charges for the same.kindly confirm us for the same so that we can proceed further.

Please feel free to get back to us in case of any further queries or question. We will be glad to assist you. You can also call 079-40260260 (Our 247 phone support) for instant help.

Thanks and Regards,

xxxxxx xxxxxx
Infibeam Customer Service"


So, requesting my friends here to take an informed decision before buying from infibeam.com about their hidden cancellation charges.

PS: My question is, if they cancel the order (due to pricing error, no stock, or any other reason) why don't they give 10% cancellation charges to customers ?

Last edited by mukeshgoel : 7th March 2014 at 19:36.
mukeshgoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2014, 10:49   #1208
BHPian
 
one-77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Thrissur
Posts: 357
Thanked: 198 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mukeshgoel View Post
Sharing my Infibeam.com experience.

I lost my 3G data card and placed an order for another data card with infibeam yesterday. Today morning, my friend called that I forgot my data card at his place. I checked my order status on Infibeam. Order status was "Open" and it mentioned "Ships By: Mar 11, 2014" under "Delivery Information".

So, early morning I requested infibeam to cancel this order which is so normal with flipkart, snapdeal, etc. And I got this reply:

"Dear customer,

Thank you for writing to us. We are happy to assist you with your query.

In regards to the mail received we would ;like to inform you that your order is in process, however if you want to cancel the order than you need to pay 10% cancellation charges for the same.kindly confirm us for the same so that we can proceed further.

Please feel free to get back to us in case of any further queries or question. We will be glad to assist you. You can also call 079-40260260 (Our 247 phone support) for instant help.

Thanks and Regards,

xxxxxx xxxxxx
Infibeam Customer Service"

So, requesting my friends here to take an informed decision before buying from infibeam.com about their hidden cancellation charges.

PS: My question is, if they cancel the order (due to pricing error, no stock, or any other reason) why don't they give 10% cancellation charges to customers ?
Does this apply even if you've opted for cash on delivery.
Except for e-bay I always opt for COD when I buy stuff online.
And I usually only buy things I can't find in the local stores. Mostly books.

Infibeam in any case I've found to be much slower in delivering books compared to flipkart. Often more than a week, compared to the two days flipkart takes. (My location is in Thrissur, Kerala)

However prices are a lot higher in flipkart/ Amazon.
one-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 22:18   #1209
Senior - BHPian
 
thoma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Kerala
Posts: 1,748
Thanked: 1,067 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Anyone have experince with zoffio.com? I need to buy few printer paper bundles. The price put up is tempting. Or any other site for stationery?
thoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th March 2014, 23:05   #1210
Senior - BHPian
 
carwatcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bardez, Goa
Posts: 1,185
Thanked: 995 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

I am facing horrible service from ngpay.
I cancelled a flight ticket on 26th January (yes 26th Jan) and yet to get the refund. Its delayed due to some technical issue with their refund process and money is still not refunded despite numerous calls.

I am posting this to warn anyone going to use ngpay for flight bookings.

This was my first flight ticket booking with them.
Was using the application since last four years for TataSky recharge or mobile top-ups and have decided never to use it again.
So much for technology.
carwatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2014, 00:25   #1211
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Info withheld
Posts: 128
Thanked: 336 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by one-77 View Post
Does this apply even if you've opted for cash on delivery.
Except for e-bay I always opt for COD when I buy stuff online.
And I usually only buy things I can't find in the local stores. Mostly books.

Infibeam in any case I've found to be much slower in delivering books compared to flipkart. Often more than a week, compared to the two days flipkart takes. (My location is in Thrissur, Kerala)

However prices are a lot higher in flipkart/ Amazon.

I dont see how this works for CoD.

They come to collect money from you for nothing?
And why even bother cancelling while ordering CoD. Just refuse to take delivery.
HyperRetard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 16:11   #1212
BHPian
 
arup.misra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 651
Thanked: 293 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Anyone have experince with zoffio.com? I need to buy few printer paper bundles. The price put up is tempting. Or any other site for stationery?

They have a COD option. Saves you the trouble of using plastic.
arup.misra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2014, 22:39   #1213
BHPian
 
Ponmayilal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 46
Thanked: 5 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

We are looking to buy an LG front-loading Washing Machine (6.5Kg, Inverter Direct Drive, 6 motion) for around Rs.30000/-

The Snapdeal price is the lowest with COD option.

I have purchased a number of small value items from Snapdeal and had no hassles.

But how about large value, large volume items like this?

Is it safe to purchase online or is it better to buy it direct from the local dealers even if it is 2K or 3K more than the Snapdeal price?

What is the members' experience and advice on this?
Ponmayilal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2014, 00:06   #1214
BHPian
 
devilwearsprada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: GoonGaon
Posts: 418
Thanked: 601 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponmayilal View Post
We are looking to buy an LG front-loading Washing Machine (6.5Kg, Inverter Direct Drive, 6 motion) for around Rs.30000/-


What is the members' experience and advice on this?
I would always always suggest you to buy a large consumer good from a direct outlet. I understand Money holds a value, a great one.

But, understand you are losing more than what you might save. A local dealership can help you with inspection of goods, proper deliver timings, and discounts too along with ready service. With an online service, hassles starting once might never end.

Hassles of Billing and Warranty, Defective upon Delivery, Services availability. And most importantly, the hassle of confirming where your money went. A local shop has a face, some helpful people who can be contacted.

Do this only if it is an exclusive product or the online shop is a dealer only in that goods, and trusted too.
Ordered a few DAC's from HifiMart and they were spot on delivered at time and billing was smooth too.

But, in your case its a suggestive NO
devilwearsprada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th March 2014, 01:29   #1215
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Seattle
Posts: 573
Thanked: 49 Times
Default re: The "Online Shopping" Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponmayilal View Post
We are looking to buy an LG front-loading Washing Machine (6.5Kg, Inverter Direct Drive, 6 motion) for around Rs.30000/-

The Snapdeal price is the lowest with COD option.

I have purchased a number of small value items from Snapdeal and had no hassles.

But how about large value, large volume items like this?

Is it safe to purchase online or is it better to buy it direct from the local dealers even if it is 2K or 3K more than the Snapdeal price?

What is the members' experience and advice on this?
Here's my experience - go to any Unilet store in Bangalore. Ask them about the model and note their price. Tell them that its available online for Rs xxxxx. They will match the online price (they may look at the website to verify). Their customer service is also good.

In the past, I have successfully had them match the online price on an IFB washing machine, a microwave, a samsung fridge, an LG fridge and a sony LED TV (all of these were separate purchases) over the last five years.

Last edited by CrackedHead : 15th March 2014 at 01:30.
CrackedHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Online Indian Movie viewing thread phamilyman Shifting gears 11 14th April 2014 15:27
Most ever users online. EDIT : 14,753 online on 8th August, 2011! theragingbull Shifting gears 15 24th September 2010 16:24
My Car shopping satish_appasani The Indian Car Scene 64 17th November 2004 13:33
Shopping for my new car satish_appasani Hatchbacks 24 30th July 2004 16:58


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 06:33.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks