Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 18th February 2015, 13:41   #4981
Distinguished - BHPian
 
condor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Speed-brkr City
Posts: 10,518
Thanked: 3,982 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Aroy (The Home Appliance thread) : I checked the manual of my LG - F12B4ND25 (6kg direct drive). There are two codes for "Motor Over Load" - CE and LE.
@Aroy, thank you !


Any info for a top loader ?
condor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2015, 13:21   #4982
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 250
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Please post a review of it. Does it have resume on power failure feature? What I reading for various models is that if the power failure is more than 10 minutes you have to start over.
We had a power cut for a few mins in between a baking session and when power was restored, it did start off from where it let off. However, I do not know if it has a 10 min memory capacity or less.
the machine is very good btw and one of the best devices to have in a kitchen, especially if one eats a lot of bread.
diyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2015, 13:38   #4983
BHPian
 
archat68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 678
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
We had a power cut for a few mins in between a baking session and when power was restored, it did start off from where it let off. However, I do not know if it has a 10 min memory capacity or less.
the machine is very good btw and one of the best devices to have in a kitchen, especially if one eats a lot of bread.
Thanks for the update.
BTW have you tried whole wheat bread? How does it turn out?
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2015, 16:00   #4984
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 250
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Thanks for the update.
BTW have you tried whole wheat bread? How does it turn out?
Yes intention was to make only whole wheat bread. However, the bread is turning out too heavy. Later my wife shifted to half wheat and half maida. It is better now. She was also trying with bread improvers, grains etc, with varying degrees of success. It is a daily learning curve, but its easy and good to eat home made...
The garlic breads, buns, etc are coming out brilliantly
diyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2015, 16:07   #4985
BHPian
 
archat68's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Kolkata
Posts: 678
Thanked: 185 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Yes intention was to make only whole wheat bread. However, the bread is turning out too heavy. Later my wife shifted to half wheat and half maida. It is better now. She was also trying with bread improvers, grains etc, with varying degrees of success. It is a daily learning curve, but its easy and good to eat home made...
The garlic breads, buns, etc are coming out brilliantly
Thanks!!
Now the important point - where did you buy and how much did it cost?
archat68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2015, 16:29   #4986
BHPian
 
diyguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 250
Thanked: 111 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by archat68 View Post
Thanks!!
Now the important point - where did you buy and how much did it cost?
I had answered this earlier, anyway - I picked it up in Helsinki and it cost me all of 47Euro .
There seemed to be some kind of half price sale going on in one of the stores that I walked into by chance. I saw this in another store at 100Euro, so i got lucky...
diyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 17:51   #4987
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,295
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

The 13 year old refrigerator at home is showing problems and we had to get the service technician at home to take a look at it. The panel for adjusting the temperature is gone and now he has bypassed it and there is no replacement in stock. It is now at a fixed temperature and it cannot be adjusted. We are thinking of replacing this.

We hardly use the freezer and it is difficult for my mom to bend down to reach the veggie tray, so was thinking on the bottom freezer series. How is the hitachi bottom freezer series?

http://www.hitachi-hli.com/productde...ottom-Freezer/
govigov is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2015, 18:20   #4988
BHPian
 
JMaruru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 526
Thanked: 101 Times
Thumbs up Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
We hardly use the freezer and it is difficult for my mom to bend down to reach the veggie tray, so was thinking on the bottom freezer series. How is the hitachi bottom freezer series?

http://www.hitachi-hli.com/productde...ottom-Freezer/
We have been using the hitachi bottom freezer refrigerator for the past 7+ years. It's been going good for all these years without any issues. No service visits as of now. Very silent. No regrets!
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 10:10   #4989
BHPian
 
hellmet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: GTA
Posts: 810
Thanked: 637 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Any idea why a capacitor based stepped fan speed regulator would burn out this way?
Attached Thumbnails
The Home Appliance thread-img_20150225_114805106.jpg  

hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 10:40   #4990
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,123
Thanked: 3,922 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
We hardly use the freezer and it is difficult for my mom to bend down to reach the veggie tray, so was thinking on the bottom freezer series. How is the hitachi bottom freezer series?
Using Panasonic bottom freezer refrigerator for about 3 years now. No issues as of yet. I must add that the bottom mounted freezer is a very practical design. Once you get used to it, you will ask to yourself that why did they put the freezer on top earlier!
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 11:17   #4991
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,102
Thanked: 3,683 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
Using Panasonic bottom freezer refrigerator for about 3 years now. No issues as of yet. I must add that the bottom mounted freezer is a very practical design. Once you get used to it, you will ask to yourself that why did they put the freezer on top earlier!
In the days of the old single door units, cooling was by convection, and the freezer was kept on top to facilitate this. Even today a lot of US systems have the freezer on top, which for the past twenty plus years in Europe they are bottom freezers. Also, most of these have drawers to stone frozen food.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 11:22   #4992
Distinguished - BHPian
 
saket77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Ranchi
Posts: 3,123
Thanked: 3,922 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
In the days of the old single door units, cooling was by convection, and the freezer was kept on top to facilitate this. Even today a lot of US systems have the freezer on top, which for the past twenty plus years in Europe they are bottom freezers. Also, most of these have drawers to stone frozen food.
Thank you sir for the information. However, no two ways that vegetable tray bottom makes little sense, more for us in India.
saket77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 19:02   #4993
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,102
Thanked: 3,683 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Let me give an anecdote. I had a Zanussi three door and once a colleague visited (pucca US) and seeing the bottom freezer he said, 'What a weird fridge'. says it all.
sgiitk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 19:21   #4994
Distinguished - BHPian
 
amitoj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Nashua, NH
Posts: 2,954
Thanked: 1,588 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Recently, my LG microwave started behaving erratically. Its door button was starting to misbehave. Sometimes it would work if i pressed the door button slightly, sometimes the micro would turn on when the door was opened etc etc.

A couple of google searches later, I was sure that one of the relay switches for the door had conked off. Took the microwave apart, borrowed a friend's multimeter and figured out the faulty relay switch. Then came the more difficult part of sourcing it! Finally a house appliance repair shop gave me the number of their supplier and I placed an order with them. Wifey said that I have one shot at it. If it does not work, then out we go to buy a new microwave!

Anyway, short story long, the switch arrived two days later, i fitted it in, closed the microwave and viola! Started working like new!

Saved me a pretty penny too
amitoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th February 2015, 02:14   #4995
Senior - BHPian
 
govigov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cochin!!!!!
Posts: 1,295
Thanked: 413 Times
Default Re: The Home Appliance thread

Going out this weekend to check for refrigerators. Will check out the Panasonic refrigerators as well.
govigov is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Home Construction/Makeover/Maintenance Thread Latheesh Shifting gears 632 19th October 2017 02:56
Building a truck camper : Home away from home DKG Modifications & Accessories 140 18th February 2016 18:40
Bringing home the Mahindra Scorpio LX. EDIT : Scorpio finds a new home! benbsb29 Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 168 8th January 2015 11:22
Joining a domain: XP home Vista Home Premium johy Shifting gears 0 22nd November 2007 17:14
Home Audio thread with inputs from the ICE forum gunbir Gadgets, Computers & Software 13 3rd August 2006 11:45


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 01:52.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks