Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 21st June 2010, 12:54   #976
BHPian

Boiling is too much trouble. Especially in summers as you've got to wait for it to cool as well. :P
anku94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 06:07   #977
BHPian

Question Borewell + Butterfly filter??

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
Boiling is too much trouble. Especially in summers as you've got to wait for it to cool as well. :P
How about water from 300 feet beneath the ground level ? We have a bore-well within our plot(South of Bangalore) and we make it pass through the good old butterfly water filter. I feel it is clean and safe. Now with all these discussions...
JMaruru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 07:30   #978
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMaruru View Post
How about water from 300 feet beneath the ground level ? We have a bore-well within our plot(South of Bangalore) and we make it pass through the good old butterfly water filter. I feel it is clean and safe. Now with all these discussions...
What is a butterfly water filter?
carboy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 08:25   #979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carboy View Post
What is a butterfly water filter?
It is the traditional stainless steel water filter with three candles. It has been serving us for more than 10 years now.
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:25   #980
BHPian

Quote:
Our borewell is just about 120 feet deep. :|
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:50   #981
BHPian

I am looking out for a portable flour mill which can be used at home. Does anyone have any experience with this product?
kalpeshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 12:53   #982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anku94 View Post
We use something called the refrigerator for cooling

Quote:
I don't think the depth of a bore-well is a gauge to the water purity. Why don't you get the water tested for peace of mind?
Jaguar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:10   #983
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
We use something called the refrigerator for cooling
Yeah, but you've got to wait for it to cool, unless you're regular enough to boil every night before sleeping, which, wait a second, would be a good idea.

Quote:

I don't think the depth of a bore-well is a gauge to the water purity. Why don't you get the water tested for peace of mind?
You can get it done ? From where ?
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:30   #984
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoj View Post
Does anyone know where I can buy refridgerators made by 'BECO'. I have been told that Godrej markets them but none of the Godrej dealers in Delhi seem to have any idea.

Anyone with experience with SHARP or SIEMENS, we are looking to replace our 15 year old 410L GE double door frost free with a slightly bigger capacity at around 500L. The trouble is that modern day designs offer very slim profile cabinets whereas my mother is used to the squarish design of the GE where the interiors are deep and wide & I am going nuts trying to find one that matches.

I am open to buying from the grey market in Delhi provided the shop comes with a reference.
I'm not sure of those brands, but LG does have a 550 Litre refridgerator that is wide and deep. It costs around 46 K though. I don't readily remember the model number.
vnabhi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:45   #985
BHPian

Hi Folks, help required on purchase a refrigerator for Mom's house. looking for a single door, approx 200lts. Any suggestions on brands, pricing, deals and others tips before buying one.

Thanks in advance.
SohailPistawala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 22:43   #986
Senior - BHPian

Sohail, keep it switched on for at least 20 minutes before paying. Keep the ref. outside the dealer's air con area. If insulation is poor, water will condense outside. For such small refs., insulation is likely to be poor at top.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2010, 11:18   #987
BHPian

Backseatdriver : Thanks a lot brother, but any suggestion on which brand i should go for?
Old 23rd June 2010, 13:12   #988
BHPian

Sohail - If you want good service at a okayish cost stick to Samsung/LG. Videocon is a pakka no-no.
kalpeshc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th June 2010, 10:33   #989
BHPian

Thanks Kalpesh, will check out this weekend for some good deals by samsung or LG.
Old 25th June 2010, 01:15   #990
BHPian

Quote:
I do not know. But the looks and taste of it makes me feel safe and good.
Now where should i go for this testing of water in b'lore ?