Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th April 2007, 16:42   #31
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
presently my pc is switched off for the past 2 day ... waisting precious precious bandwidth ....



Challenge this.........
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 16:49   #32
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

Is that all LBM ? I am sure you had a power shut down 12 days ago.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 16:49   #33
BHPian
 
whatcanthisbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: http://www.wandering-online.com
Posts: 501
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post


Challenge this.........
hahah dude my download log is at 80 GB for this or is it the past 2 months cant even remember and i have uploaded abt 10 GB in the same time , i dont have a ups connected to my pc and i restart the pc every 2 days so there ... i cant challange that snap shot .... .... not here to challange any one ....
Shhesh some people ... !!!

Last edited by whatcanthisbe : 26th April 2007 at 16:51.
whatcanthisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 16:53   #34
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default

What coolers do you guys use ?
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 16:54   #35
Senior - BHPian
 
merve_extreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,360
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
so due to my d/l spree i am out of hdd space on all 3 of my hdd's 40 80 & 80 GB my dvd burner has gone kaput will not burn dvd's :( so i need opinions / pricing on
1> a decent DVD burner , capable of burning and reading + & - R /RW media
2> a good HDD 160 / 200 GB in new delhi with a warranty
A very good DVD burner for you will be either a

LG-H42N for 1600 Rs(BOX)
Sony DRU-170C 1900 Rs(BOX) or 1700 Rs(OEM)
or if ur intrested in sata one Sony AW-G170S(OEM)-2000 Rs



as for HDD go for Segate 250GB for 3400 Rs or Hitachi 250GB for 3100 Rs.
if you want 160GB then segate one is around 2450-2650 Rs.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 16:56   #36
BHPian
 
whatcanthisbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: http://www.wandering-online.com
Posts: 501
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
What coolers do you guys use ?
no cooler on my sytem just stays in an ac room for 3 hrs during the day and all night long .... am gonna go get 3 fans put on it and a couple of vents cut into the body for air circulation and ventelation

LBM if i was back in the us i would have challanged this as i remember i did not shut off my pc for a whole 2 months during the winter ..... and i wa in india at that time ... and i had shut of the heat at the apt the apt temp was 2 deg c the pc stayed cool and on for 2 months
whatcanthisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 16:57   #37
BHPian
 
whatcanthisbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: http://www.wandering-online.com
Posts: 501
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
A very good DVD burner for you will be either a

LG-H42N for 1600 Rs(BOX)
Sony DRU-170C 1900 Rs(BOX) or 1700 Rs(OEM)
or if ur intrested in sata one Sony AW-G170S(OEM)-2000 Rs



as for HDD go for Segate 250GB for 3400 Rs or Hitachi 250GB for 3100 Rs.
if you want 160GB then segate one is around 2450-2650 Rs.
Thanks merve
any idea in the warranty on these HDD's & DVD burners and is the LG one -rw & +rw compatible
whatcanthisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 17:02   #38
Senior - BHPian
 
merve_extreme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 1,360
Thanked: 12 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
Thanks merve
any idea in the warranty on these HDD's & DVD burners and is the LG one -rw & +rw compatible
Segate HDD have 5 years warranty,Hitachi 3 years(not sure)

Both LG and Sony ones are 18X Multi writers with one year warranty.so they can write
DVD-R,+R,-RW,+RW uto 18X,
DVD+R DL,-R DL upto 10X
DVD-RAM upto 12X.

Last edited by merve_extreme : 26th April 2007 at 17:05.
merve_extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 17:18   #39
BHPian
 
whatcanthisbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: http://www.wandering-online.com
Posts: 501
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
Segate HDD have 5 years warranty,Hitachi 3 years(not sure)

Both LG and Sony ones are 18X Multi writers with one year warranty.so they can write
DVD-R,+R,-RW,+RW uto 18X,
DVD+R DL,-R DL upto 10X
DVD-RAM upto 12X.
thanks man i think LG and segate .. this sat unless i can find something on rediff shopping ...
whatcanthisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 17:26   #40
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe View Post
hahah dude my download log is at 80 GB for this or is it the past 2 months cant even remember and i have uploaded abt 10 GB in the same time , i dont have a ups connected to my pc and i restart the pc every 2 days so there ... i cant challange that snap shot .... .... not here to challange any one ....
Shhesh some people ... !!!


Sir just joking.....My PC has been on since the last 2 year with down time of 4-5 days per month.....I have no track of how much I have downloaded....eariler I used to burn DVD and keep backup.....but now I donot burn as I think there is no need to do so....as I watch it and delete it.....and If i wanna see it again I can download it again.....simple.....

one more picture of how much I download...

low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 17:28   #41
BHPian
 
whatcanthisbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: http://www.wandering-online.com
Posts: 501
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by merve_extreme View Post
Segate HDD have 5 years warranty,Hitachi 3 years(not sure)

Both LG and Sony ones are 18X Multi writers with one year warranty.so they can write
DVD-R,+R,-RW,+RW uto 18X,
DVD+R DL,-R DL upto 10X
DVD-RAM upto 12X.
Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
Sir just joking.....My PC has been on since the last 2 year with down time of 4-5 days per month.....I have no track of how much I have downloaded....eariler I used to burn DVD and keep backup.....but now I donot burn as I think there is no need to do so....as I watch it and delete it.....and If i wanna see it again I can download it again.....simple.....

one more picture of how much I download...

Great
what util is that and what connection do you have ?
whatcanthisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 17:30   #42
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

util I have many earlier it was kazaa, bit tornedo, but now Utorrent and limeware (some times).......connection airtel 999 plus....256 in day and 512 in night......
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 17:42   #43
BHPian
 
whatcanthisbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: http://www.wandering-online.com
Posts: 501
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
util I have many earlier it was kazaa, bit tornedo, but now Utorrent and limeware (some times).......connection airtel 999 plus....256 in day and 512 in night......
i mean the util for the report

my connection is the 699 airtel 128 / 256
whatcanthisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 17:46   #44
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 6,814
Thanked: 293 Times
Default

OH that is DUmeter.........so I am doing the double work that you are doing now.........

Last edited by low_bass_makker : 26th April 2007 at 17:48.
low_bass_makker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2007, 18:00   #45
BHPian
 
whatcanthisbe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: http://www.wandering-online.com
Posts: 501
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by low_bass_makker View Post
OH that is DUmeter.........so I am doing the double work that you are doing now.........
DUMete
u have a link ... ?
whatcanthisbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Heavy Data Back Up DVD or HDD NOTORIOUS Gadgets, Computers & Software 48 22nd February 2011 06:13
Got my oil burner Fiesta 1.4 DuraTORQ ZXI. 5000K Service update Pg3 iamkapilb Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 44 31st May 2010 12:04
Canon DW-100 DVD Burner akbaree Gadgets, Computers & Software 8 26th December 2009 12:08
Hello from Road Burner rajeshchand Introduce yourself 2 1st October 2008 19:18
DVD RW burner for Dell Inspiron 1405/640 M ? abhijitaparadh Gadgets, Computers & Software 3 19th June 2008 01:52


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 14:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks