Team-BHP - need an ipod
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Gadgets, Computers & Software (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/)
-   -   need an ipod (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/gadgets-computers-software/23697-need-ipod.html)

so am hooked back onto Stern and Opie and anthony, buring cds is a painful process for radio shows, am looking to buy an ipod in delhi no shuffle though ... any one know prices of say a 2gb / 4gb one

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe (Post 428235)
so am hooked back onto Stern and Opie and anthony, buring cds is a painful process for radio shows, am looking to buy an ipod in delhi no shuffle though ... any one know prices of say a 2gb / 4gb one

Should be around 5K-8K. If you can stretch your budget then go for the video 30gb one, its really good. And, it can store your music for a lifetime;)

Ipod Nano (2GB)- Rs 8600

Thanks boys
as homer would put it

Oh, everything's too damned expensive these days. This Bible cost 15 bucks! And talk about a preachy book! Everybody's a sinner! Except this guy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 428255)
Ipod Nano (2GB)- Rs 8600

Wow thats pretty expensive, i got my 30GB video Apple Ipod for about 10K from the US, costed me US$225 during Jan'07.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 428260)
Wow thats pretty expensive, i got my 30GB video Apple Ipod for about 10K from the US, costed me US$225 during Jan'07.

hmmm

10k for a 30GB one lemme see if anyone is travelling ... anyone know if you ca get a genuine one with warranty in KL ?

I'm not normally a religious man, but... if you're up there, save me, Superman!

Quote:

Originally Posted by mobike008 (Post 428260)

30GB Video Apple Ipod is priced at 14.5K in India...

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 428298)
30GB Video Apple Ipod is priced at 14.5K in India...

hmm
are these the prices at the apple store ?

never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Author: Groucho Marx

Mumbai - Alfa - iPOD 30GB video - 10.5K (no warranty)

Quote:

Originally Posted by whatcanthisbe (Post 428311)
hmm
are these the prices at the apple store ?

never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Author: Groucho Marx

Yes they are. The difference in prices between the US and India has been on the decline and it makes eminent sense to pick it up at the apple store in india. I paid 15,400 approx. for my 30GB video iPod.

IPODs have warranty all over the world, no matter where you buy them from. Honululu, KL, Siberia...?
Thats what a certain Mr. Sam Kapasi once said :D
As for Apple store prices, you can chip off 20% if you are at non apple store

I bought a ipod nano 2gb for my bro last june for 11k and 1k more for the extend warranty from the apple store, forum. definitely go for a with bill ipod if not with extended warranty. Prices are now cheaper 8k in blr with b&w for the 2gb with better features. the 30gb video iod is vfm at 13k.

Get a 30GB, makes more sense.

If you want the best sound quality from your MP3 or PMP then go for iaudio/Cowon.

They have recently launched their D2 player in India. Do a google to find out how it looks like.

Price is 13,000 for 2 GB and 15,000 for 4 GB.

In Bombay contact,
Varun Khandelwal
Lipap Systems Pvt.Ltd.
Tel No : 0091 - 22 - 28743457 / 28759382

In Delhi
To place an order or book your player please contact Mr. Sonu on 9819917440

I have a question.
Does it make sense to go for an IPod and pay premium over 2-3k over similar capacity MP3 players like Transcend, Creative etc. ? Or rather buy something from Creative/Transcend and have a good pair of earphones. I was looking at the following config:
Transcend T.Sonic 610 1GB + Creative EP-630 earphones.
Will it give me inferior quality compared to the iPod?
Or is it the iPod has just greater snob value?