Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 19th August 2010, 20:53   #136
BHPian

Strange, no one is talking about RAZER MORAY here. Designed by gamers, for gamers it is very good earphone with a neatly hidden microphone (on the wire itself). Tbhp gsferrari has already tested its waters.

I will be getting them soon, will post a review
quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2010, 06:36   #137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quadra View Post
Strange, no one is talking about RAZER MORAY here. Designed by gamers, for gamers it is very good earphone with a neatly hidden microphone (on the wire itself). Tbhp gsferrari has already tested its waters.

I will be getting them soon, will post a review
I use full size headphones for gaming. so didn't feel need to get earphones for games. But it looks pretty neat.
chevelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 20:24   #138
BHPian

Default Re: Which earphones?

Guys,

I need some inputs for buying a new pair of earphones.

I'll be using them mainly for listening to Music (Classic Rock - The Who, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin etc. ) at work. I'm currently using a pair of Sony MDR-EX57SL In Ear Earphones. They are a wonderful pair and (for me) deliver a pretty good sound quality and volume.

The problem is that I like listening to music really loud. I use my HTC as a source and keep it at full volume all the time. Now some of the sound leaks out and is audible to the others near me, and it sometimes disturbs them. So I have to keep the volume low.

So, are there any earphones ( In ear ) that are sufficiently loud for me and will make sure that very little sound leaks out and is heard to the others.
SuperBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2012, 21:35   #139
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBee
Guys,

I need some inputs for buying a new pair of earphones.

I'll be using them mainly for listening to Music (Classic Rock - The Who, The Rolling Stones, Led Zeppelin etc. ) at work. I'm currently using a pair of Sony MDR-EX57SL In Ear Earphones. They are a wonderful pair and (for me) deliver a pretty good sound quality and volume.

The problem is that I like listening to music really loud. I use my HTC as a source and keep it at full volume all the time. Now some of the sound leaks out and is audible to the others near me, and it sometimes disturbs them. So I have to keep the volume low.

So, are there any earphones ( In ear ) that are sufficiently loud for me and will make sure that very little sound leaks out and is heard to the others.
Isn't keeping music at full volume for prolonged time harmful for the ears?
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 11:34   #140

I have the Klipsch s4i earphones which I picked up for about 4.8k. One of the most comfortable in-ear eardphones I have used with great sound quality. The bass in particular is to die for. Comes with 3 different sized earbuds.
http://www.earphonesolutions.com/s4i...eadphones.html
ritheshpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2013, 19:08   #141
BHPian

Hi guys. I'm in the market for in-ear canal earphones. I went through the whole thread and have come to the conclusion that most people are suggesting the creative EP630.

My questions -

- My original budget was actually Rs. 500. EP 630 are Rs 850 types. Looking for something cheaper.

- Found few earphones that were cheaper and have good reviews on the net -

1) Panasonic RP-HJE120E-K - Rs. 450
2) Sony MDR-EX10LP - Rs. 600
3) Creative EP600 - Rs. 649

- I will be using these while jogging, riding bike types. So pretty hard usage. I want them to last.

- So which will be the best earphones for me?

- I'm inclined towards the Panasonic as they are the cheapest with decent sound quality according to reviews (better than Philips, Skullcandy etc which cost 600 - 800 range)

What do you guys suggest?
thumpingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th February 2013, 10:20   #142
BHPian

Hi thumpingheart,

I bought my ep630 really long back, its lasted me a good 4 years and counting without any issues, doesn't leak sound and the sound quality is absolutely good( wouldn't call it fantastic, but i am impressed by it).I would recommend it above all the brands you have mentioned above. As a general buying guideline, go for passive noise cancellation ones( the ones with earbuds).
Arch-Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 16:40   #143
BHPian

As a replacement for a walkman series in-ear earphones (that lasted 6 solid years) and with a budget of about 1200 (max.1500) what do you guys suggest I purchase? Good tight bass is a must!

I have a pair of over-the-ear headphones for house, this set will be for motorcycle riding (2hrs daily). I find on-the-ear and just-in-the-ear earphones very uncomfortable for anything over 10min of use, so in-ear it will be.

I'm looking at a Sony here. Reviews look good on Flipkart, but I wouldn't trust them totally because I don't know if the reviewers have any sense of sound or music.

EDIT: If anyone here has an old pair of Sony Ericsson Walkman series earphones lying around I'd be very happy to (pay &) taken them from you!! I just need the headset and not the mic part.

Last edited by hellmet : 2nd March 2013 at 16:41.
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 18:22   #144
Senior - BHPian

I received a pair of in ear Bose ear phones recently from my credit card blokes as a gift.
These are fantastic. Much better than those regular ipod earphones which themselves are pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
As a replacement for a walkman series in-ear earphones (that lasted 6 solid years) and with a budget of about 1200 (max.1500) what do you guys suggest I purchase? Good tight bass is a must!

EDIT: If anyone here has an old pair of Sony Ericsson Walkman series earphones lying around I'd be very happy to (pay &) taken them from you!! I just need the headset and not the mic part.
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 18:55   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
I received a pair of in ear Bose ear phones recently from my credit card blokes as a gift.
These are fantastic. Much better than those regular ipod earphones which themselves are pretty good.
Bose would be way out of my league, brother.
Old 2nd March 2013, 19:05   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Bose would be way out of my league, brother.
Well, left to myself I would probably not have bought 'em either.
But why look gift horses in the mouth?
shankar.balan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd March 2013, 20:26   #147
Senior - BHPian

Hellmet, go to www.proaudiohome.com bought numerous stuff from them in the past and very reliable.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 13:22   #148
BHPian

Well, I went ahead and purchased the Sony MDR-EX-100 earphones for 764/- from InfiBeam. Here's my review on the website:

http://www.infibeam.com/ReadReviews_...7Kv9J1CA%3D%3D

The treble on these is higher than my old SE earphones, so I had to re-customize the EQ on my mp3 player a bit.
Old 30th April 2013, 11:51   #149
M35
BHPian

Using this since last year.Any guess, which make/model?
Which earphones?-dsc_0200.jpg
M35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2013, 12:22   #150
Senior - BHPian

Well, for me, it has to be the Creative EP 630 earplugs. Been with me since 2008 and works like a charm.
Bass and Treble are at their optimal level.
Soumyajit9 is offline   Reply With Quote