Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2015, 14:35   #196
Senior - BHPian
 
theexperthand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,344
Thanked: 1,046 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmet View Post
Thanks! Looking at it.

If going above 2K, I'm also open for over-the-ear headsets.



Is this what you have? http://www.amazon.in/JBL-T-100A-Ear-...=jbl+earphones
Oops, some how this quote did not trigger any message, so I did not see it till now.

No, that is not the one I have - Did some googling and mine looks like T200A.

--Anoop
theexperthand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2015, 14:43   #197
Senior - BHPian
 
arnabchak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: MH-04
Posts: 1,310
Thanked: 1,054 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_abarth View Post
Thank you Arnabchak. Can you also tell me if it has the microphone for answering/dialing calls ? I am not able to find this info in the websites.
Dear Abhi

It does not have a microphone and is purely a earphone with good music clarity, balanced bass and treble.
arnabchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd March 2015, 23:03   #198
BHPian
 
Swapnil_Alto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: JH 01/WB 02
Posts: 125
Thanked: 207 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

My Samsung earphones went kaput after 1.5yrs of use. I was in need of good Earphones after this, wanted an earphone which can produce tight bass and proper vocals. So the search began. Ruled out 3 brand at last i.e Sennheiser, Skullcandy and JBL. I've been travelling a lot these days, so needed in-ear earphones which would have noise cancellation property in them. Finally, after lot of queries from here and there, Saket77 suggested me to get a Sennheiser. Sennheiser it was then!
Placed an order for a Sennheiser CX 180 Street II Earphones from Snapdeal. Received it after 4 days. Oh Man! The bass it has. It was what I needed. Proper vocals with tight bass.. You can wear them as long as you want and your ears won't hurt. I paid Rs.803/- for them. Totally VFM.

Regards,
Swapnil
Swapnil_Alto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2015, 13:41   #199
BHPian
 
Abhi_abarth's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 308
Thanked: 99 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

I have heard good feedback about the JBL headphones as well.

Since I will use them primarily during riding I have shortlisted these three. There isn't any special difference among three as per their website but the prices differ.

Any one any feedback ?

JBL T-100 A - Rs.499/-
JBL T-150 A - Rs.599/-
JBL T-200 A - Rs.899/-
Abhi_abarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2015, 17:15   #200
Senior - BHPian
 
dark.knight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: India
Posts: 1,077
Thanked: 2,816 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

After living with the earphones that came as default with phone & one I purchased for around Rs.300-400 from market, finally wanted to go for something different, something which had sheer sound quality, which could isolate instruments, vocal notes and bass to reproduce them almost like studio quality. The perfect set was found soon enough, in an audiophile website comparison apparently it demolished the competition like Bose & B&O.

The Sony XBA-A1AP uses a completely different technology to standard earphones, these are balanced-armature + dynamic-driver hybrid earphones whereas most are just dynamic-driver. The balanced-armature responds twice as fast in reproducing notes, isolates instrumentals by reducing distortion upto 80% thus bringing it to near-studio quality levels. This is because balanced armatures do not rely on air, but rather by stimulating magnets with a current which leads them to vibrate. The only shortcoming of this is lower bass which doesn't matter to me anyway, but since this is hybrid there is a dynamic(air-based) driver to improve the bass as well. I think the quality of voice/music in this is much higher than any earphone I've known. It is the most reasonably priced earphone when it comes to reproducing studio quality at Rs.6990/-. Yes its expensive but atleast it beats the much bulkier full headphones that cost 2-3 times more.
dark.knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 21:25   #201
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 330
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

Anyone using RHA in ear headphones? I am looking to get an idea about the MA750s vs the T10s.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 22:30   #202
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 213
Thanked: 424 Times
Default

I would recommend staying away from the RHA. They are very overpriced in India. Additionally Beyerdynamic MMX 102IE which was rated above it as per wirecutter compilation and quite a few other reviews is available at a stunning price of around 4k on Amazon!
autorahul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2016, 23:24   #203
AYP
BHPian
 
AYP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 246
Thanked: 301 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
After living with the earphones that came as default with phone & one I purchased for around Rs.300-400 from market, finally wanted to go for something different, something which had sheer sound quality, which could isolate instruments, vocal notes and bass to reproduce them almost like studio quality. The perfect set was found soon enough, in an audiophile website comparison apparently it demolished the competition like Bose & B&O.

The Sony XBA-A1AP uses a completely different technology to standard earphones, these are balanced-armature + dynamic-driver hybrid earphones whereas most are just dynamic-driver. The balanced-armature responds twice as fast in reproducing notes, isolates instrumentals by reducing distortion upto 80% thus bringing it to near-studio quality levels. This is because balanced armatures do not rely on air, but rather by stimulating magnets with a current which leads them to vibrate. The only shortcoming of this is lower bass which doesn't matter to me anyway, but since this is hybrid there is a dynamic(air-based) driver to improve the bass as well. I think the quality of voice/music in this is much higher than any earphone I've known. It is the most reasonably priced earphone when it comes to reproducing studio quality at Rs.6990/-. Yes its expensive but atleast it beats the much bulkier full headphones that cost 2-3 times more.
Hey, I have the same pair. Got them for 6k about 6 months back.
I just wish that they had provided a better carrying pouch. It is difficult to put them in and take them out from the small opening at the back. My Sonny xb70ap came with much better case.
AYP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 07:03   #204
BHPian
 
shreyak_ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Meerut
Posts: 169
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Anyone using RHA in ear headphones? I am looking to get an idea about the MA750s vs the T10s.
Been a month with MA750i. First, they are indeed high quality as advertised. They do feel very very premium. Coming to the sound quality, well, I ain't an audiophile, I expected it to offer more bass, which sadly it doesn't. The thing is the clarity and sound quality is superb. You get to hear very minute details of the song but when it comes to bass, it doesn't pump in any artificial/ extra bass. If the song you are listening to is bass heavy, then it will definitely throw in a punchy bass and you'll love the way it sounds, if you are a bass guy. It does offer sound "insolation" and with the perfect buds in your ear and even with 40% volume, you won't be able to make out what a person in front of you is trying to say. These earphones, though of high quality are heavy, ad after a period of time, say 1.5 hours, they automatically start falling of your ears Though I would like to say, if you want the best output from these, the song you are playing from your device should be of the highest quality available and it would be a delight to listen to these. And the case it's supplied with is very very premium.

In the end, I went for it because of it's high quality, 3 year warranty and fairly good reviews on the internet. Yes they are pricey and sometimes I do feel whether it was a wise decision or no. I had always been a bose guy but read everywhere that bose is overpriced for what it offers so decided to go for something different. If possible, try to get a demo first if you have a headphone Zone outlet in your city. You can ask me anything about it though, would be happy to help.

Last edited by shreyak_ss : 22nd April 2016 at 07:05.
shreyak_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 07:45   #205
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 330
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by autorahul View Post
I would recommend staying away from the RHA. They are very overpriced in India. Additionally Beyerdynamic MMX 102IE which was rated above it as per wirecutter compilation and quite a few other reviews is available at a stunning price of around 4k on Amazon!
Hi Rahul,
RHA pricing in India is quite comparable to their prices in US. Infact the difference is not much and they do offer 3 years warranty. I have the Beyerdynamic DTX102 (MMX are the ones with a microphone, but essentially the same thing) and I agree they are definitely great value and sound pretty good as well. In fact I picked up mine (red in color) for just 1800 from amazon a few months back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
In the end, I went for it because of it's high quality, 3 year warranty and fairly good reviews on the internet. Yes they are pricey and sometimes I do feel whether it was a wise decision or no. I had always been a Bose guy but read everywhere that bose is overpriced for what it offers so decided to go for something different. If possible, try to get a demo first if you have a headphone Zone outlet in your city. You can ask me anything about it though, would be happy to help.
Hey Shreyak,
Thanks for your feedback. They definitely have a lot of positives under the 10k price category. I am going to audition these at the headphone zone store in Mumbai. I am planning to get myself a hi resolution music player (my heart is set at Astell and Kern Jr ) as well because the headphones are only as good as the input you provide! Currently I use my HTC One M7 and switch between Beyerdynamics and Klipsch R6. What setup are you using with the MA750s?

Bose, ah well I am glad you picked up the RHAs over the Bose headphones. For me Bose lacks when it comes to the lower spectrum of frequencies and they are definitely not VFM! But there are tons of Bose lovers who swear by the brand. Anyways, sound is a very personal thing and one person's idea of "perfection" might be another's idea of "pants".
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 11:50   #206
BHPian
 
shreyak_ss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Meerut
Posts: 169
Thanked: 91 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
Currently I use my HTC One M7 and switch between Beyerdynamics and Klipsch R6. What setup are you using with the MA750s?

Bose, ah well I am glad you picked up the RHAs over the Bose headphones.
I'm using it with my iPhone 6 or with mom's 6S and prefer listening to the HD quality music from wynk. Currently don't have any MP3 players and have never used any so can't comment on their quality with it.

I suggest you try both the MA 750s and the t10s. Since you have been using other earphones earlier as well, t10 would be a much better update. I upgraded to MA 750s from my humble apple earpods so for me it was a huge change!

P.s- Do update when you get your Astell and Kern. That is some proper drool stuff

Last edited by shreyak_ss : 22nd April 2016 at 11:55.
shreyak_ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2016, 19:07   #207
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 330
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyak_ss View Post
I suggest you try both the MA 750s and the t10s. Since you have been using other earphones earlier as well, t10 would be a much better update. I upgraded to MA 750s from my humble apple earpods so for me it was a huge change!

P.s- Do update when you get your Astell and Kern. That is some proper drool stuff
I am definitely going to audition a few pairs and decide which ones I want to get this time. Spending over 10k on IEMs will require a lot of research and most importantly the sound should blow me away to upgrade.

Astell and Kern could take a while, but I seriously want to get my hands on one.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2016, 14:21   #208
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,419
Thanked: 14,202 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

Planning to pick up in-ears for my wife. She listens to a lot of music on her Galaxy Note and has been using the stock head phones till date.

She had some operations on the ear long ago and says she is comfortable only with in-ears. Prefers a neutral sound signature with balanced bass.

Currently looking at the below options with 5k - 10k

1. Sennheiser Momentum in ear.
2. JAYS a-jays five.
3. Klipsch R6.

Couldn't really find a shop to test these models. Any suggestions?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 17:33   #209
BHPian
 
Aston Singh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Pune
Posts: 330
Thanked: 156 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post

Currently looking at the below options with 5k - 10k

1. Sennheiser Momentum in ear.
2. JAYS a-jays five.
3. Klipsch R6.

Couldn't really find a shop to test these models. Any suggestions?

I have the R6s. They are quite good. Good bass and neutral-mildly bright sounding. Very comfortable but lot of wire noise!

Momentums are again for bass lovers, going by online reviews.

You might want to consider the RHA MA750s. These are very well built headphones and highly recommended as a complete package. Good bass but definitely bright sounding earphones. Sound stage is more open than the R6s.

I was actually going to shift to RHAs from R6s but now I am thinking of increasing my budget and audition a few in the range of 10-15k.

Hope this helps.
Aston Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2016, 23:06   #210
Distinguished - BHPian
 
CrAzY dRiVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bangalore / TVM
Posts: 8,419
Thanked: 14,202 Times
Default Re: Which earphones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aston Singh View Post
I have the R6s. They are quite good. Good bass and neutral-mildly bright sounding. Very comfortable but lot of wire noise!

Momentums are again for bass lovers, going by online reviews.
Thanks for the reply. I was planning another gift as well along with the earphones, but that had to be cancelled. So can afford a bigger budget for earphones now.

Any recommendations on balanced sounding earphones in the 10- 15k range?
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
CELEBRITY:which car they drive? for which purpose? Bob Shifting gears 24 2nd July 2015 07:36
EP-630 or any other good earphones? DCEite Gadgets, Computers & Software 17 29th October 2012 10:48
Need Advice - which DVD player and which DTH STB bikefreak Gadgets, Computers & Software 5 10th May 2009 17:39
Which second hand car to buy which would be most suited to put in CNG? sahakar Hatchbacks 1 4th May 2008 02:16


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:23.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks