Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 15th September 2017, 13:11   #31
Team-BHP Support

Default Re: Multi-computing from ONE computer? Any reviews on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swapnil4585 View Post
Bringing this post up after a long time.

Me being a tax practitioner, and practicing in Indirect tax at that, and also having moved to a new office, would like to install this in-computing system in my office.

As of now, we are 6 people working in our office on their laptops / desktops. Can there be a setup of one main server, wherein all the licensed software (MS-Office, Tally, Win-man, Adobe,etc) are installed and these people have access to them, can work on them from their screens and keyboard - mouse? Uploading or downloading of data can be done from a lone laptop.

Tanveer, would you suggest this system to be installed in the office of a typical CA?
Plenty of options available. One powerful server to run apps, and then clients can just remotely work using something like VNC etc., or virtual machines etc.,
But do you really need that? Cheap laptops can work fine.

If its about software cost then you can just go ahead and have one machine running VNC server, and other machines connect to that using VNC and people can simply launch apps from there.
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote