Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 117 37.50%
No 195 62.50%
Voters: 312. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14th April 2015, 14:05   #586
BHPian

Default Re: TATA Sky..Do you face any problems?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Yes a DIY is possible after seeing what the service guy did to rectify the problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The guy who fixed mine didn't even bother with the monitoring device or playing tag team.

He started my set-top box, verified that signal quality was down in the dumps, went to the roof, adjusted the signal receiver attached to the antenna (gave it a twist basically), then verified that my box was showing 80%+ signal strength. Resolved in less than 5 mins.
Sagar, Chetan Thank you very much. Sounds like a simple DIY job. Let me try it today at home. Will keep you posted if successful.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 18:15   #587
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Sagar, Chetan Thank you very much. Sounds like a simple DIY job. Let me try it today at home. Will keep you posted if successful.
If you intend to try this DIY, please ensure that both signal strength and signal quality show at least 80% when you're done, or you may end up with patchy performance. Strength is usually not an issue (unless your antenna is badly misaligned or the cable to STB is damaged), but quality is a finer calibration and will need some trial & error before you get it right.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 14th April 2015 at 18:32.
Chetan_Rao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 18:48   #588
BHPian

This is really starting to annoy me too. It has been more than a week since I've watched any TV. Called the customer care number but doesn't connect to a representative at all. Just keeps me on hold. Is there any thing I can do? Please advise. Twisting the receiver seems to help?
createrkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 21:07   #589
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
This is really starting to annoy me too. It has been more than a week since I've watched any TV. Called the customer care number but doesn't connect to a representative at all. Just keeps me on hold. Is there any thing I can do? Please advise. Twisting the receiver seems to help?

Nope, the LNB has to be adjusted; I guess they've a signal tester of some kind.

Try sending NS to 56633. You should get a response.
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2015, 21:22   #590
BHPian

My neighbours are on Tata Sky and both haven't watched any TV for over a week.
One guy's mother is visiting him and unfortunately she is the one taking most of the hit as there is noting much to do for her the entire day!
CUstomer support is not helping much. No one is picking calls.

Last edited by glenmz : 14th April 2015 at 21:23.
glenmz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2015, 09:47   #591
BHPian

I have been reading a lot of people having issues with TS. I am a mega pack user since they launched it and trust me till date I have faced no issues apart from when it rains in Bangalore! So not really sure how only a select few customers can get affected.

The other thing is I have not opted for the HBO HD channels. However since a few days one of them has started to show up. Not sure if this is again a limited period offer or they have decided to include it in the mega pack. Any pointers?
sumathindra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2015, 10:06   #592
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
The other thing is I have not opted for the HBO HD channels. However since a few days one of them has started to show up. Not sure if this is again a limited period offer or they have decided to include it in the mega pack. Any pointers?
what pointers do you need? you getting free HBO! enjoy!

on a serious note, nope they're not part of the annual mega pack

Quote:
Any new channels introduced on Tata Sky will be available as part of your Mega Pack at no additional cost (as per the Mega Pack version chosen.)

However, Mega Pack does not include any Channel (SD or HD) or services listed on Tata Sky as ‘Specials’. ‘Specials’ currently includes HBO Hits, HBO Defined, Topper and Star World Premiere HD.
(click here and scroll down to the end).

maybe they're trying to hush up the customers by giving them goodies until this upgrade thingy blows over

Last edited by IronH4WK : 15th April 2015 at 10:07.
IronH4WK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2015, 14:45   #593
BHPian

Hey guys, I had shot an e-mail to the Tata sky nodal officer yesterday morning and looks like technician came yesterday evening around 6PM before I reached home and had fixed the issue. My wife said he just took less than 5 minutes to resolve issue. As others noted, it was just a minor dish realignment which he did and walked away.

Thanks for your help Chetan and sagar

Below are the email ids to which I send an email to and got attended in less than 12 hours. Not exactly sure if it was the email that worked. But no harm in trying anyway.

help@tatasky.com,
nodalofficerkarnataka@tatasky.com

My wife and daughter are crazy about a serial called "Once upon a time" which incidentally comes every Wednesday in some HD channel. I could see a huge grin on their faces when I got home. Not sure what exactly that serial is about that I have never seen such a big grin from their faces in a long time

Last edited by gopikb : 15th April 2015 at 14:49.
gopikb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 14:55   #594
BHPian

Lost the signal on 2nd April. Spoke to a couple of guys from the call center and there is no response

16 Days of no signal and counting - a pathetic handling of the change process.
aajohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2015, 15:45   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumathindra View Post
I have been reading a lot of people having issues with TS. I am a mega pack user since they launched it and trust me till date I have faced no issues apart from when it rains in Bangalore! So not really sure how only a select few customers can get affected.

Even I am on Mega pack, but do not have HBO HD. if you are getting the HBO HD channel !! You are Lucky!!! So Enjoy
SaNdY_AR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2015, 09:43   #596
BHPian

Long post alert!!

Looks like the day is not far when Tata Sky opens up a 'self-service' portal. Had to relocate within Pune so raised a relocation request(Pimple Saudagar to Vishrantwadi). Received a call from the helpline the same day(surprisingly) and the person explained me the process- A technician will visit the 'from' location, uninstall the setup and install it at the 'to' location. Sounds simple. Only it wasnít!! After couple days realized that the request status was 'closed' for some reason. Made an attempt to contact their helpline. Naturally, connecting calls is a not a feature they provide so had to choose the 'chat' option. The support executive wasn't ready to commit any date/time with only the assurance that the problem will be looked into at the earliest. Next call was from the 'to' location directly.

Him: Sir Vishrantwadi se baat kar raha. Installation ke liye aaya hun(I'm calling from Vishrantwadi. I'm here for the installation)
Me: Are lekin wo dish to abhi bhi Pimple Saudagar me hai. Usko kaun uninstall karega(The setup is still at Pimple Saudagar. Send someone to uninstall it first)
Him: Sorry Sir wo mera area nahi hai.(Not my 'area')
Me: To jiska hai usko bhejo. Uska number do mai baat karta (So send the person who's assigned that area. Give me his number I'll talk directly)
Him: Pata nahi sir kiska hai. Number bhi nahi pata( I don't know and can't help here)

I had enough. Knew where the dish was so took my tool kit and uninstalled the dish myself. There are just four screws which need to be loosened and a wire which needs to be removed from a connector on the dish. The next day, called up the 'to' person and he came and installed the dish(Had already started googling the installation procedure. Except checking the signal strength through some rectangular device they have, not sure if anything very specific is required for installation.) Fortunately, the installation experience was good and the technician was able to relate to the problems customers face. Asked him about the blackout Tata sky is facing(faced it myself three weeks back). He said that they had anticipated this problem but are simply running out of technicians to address the same. Also, it's just a satellite re-alignment so doing it would not mess things up (The TV is not working anyways).

Was seriously thinking of switching operators when these problems were happening. Based on the feedback I received from friends and family, the situation looks same with every operator. Hoping that things keep chugging along and nothing requires 'attention' from the customer support again.
deoelect is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2015, 11:10   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopikb View Post
Hey guys, I had shot an e-mail to the Tata sky nodal officer yesterday morning and looks like technician came yesterday evening around 6PM before I reached home and had fixed the issue.

Below are the email ids to which I send an email to and got attended in less than 12 hours.

help@tatasky.com,
nodalofficerkarnataka@tatasky.com
We were getting only a few Hindi channels since early April. Couldn't get through to their call center; always a message that "We're busy, we'll call you back", only no one ever did.

Repeated "NS" messages to 56633 didn't help. I'd get an instant automated response, immediately followed by a Work Order #, then a few minutes later a message that the work was completed and the Work Order was closed! I have several such message chains in my phone.

On Sunday I sent emails to the two contacts provided by gopikb (thanks!). I also called Customer Care yesterday afternoon, and amazingly, was connected to a person after about 5 minutes of waiting. Whether the emails did the magic or the CC lady, at about 4 pm yesterday a guy called and came over at 5:30 pm. A twist to the receiving knob that faces the dish, verification of signal strength with the meter, and all was good.

The two techs were whining that their work sheet for the day makes them run around from location to location and they waste a lot of time in commuting. They were lamenting that if they could fix many problems in one location they would get done faster.

For a planned change, this has been handled in a totally amateurish way by TS. Shame on them.
TheTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 14:40   #598
BHPian

Need Help:

I had accidentally subscribed to Actve Javed Akhtar. How to unsubscribe to that pack? Urgent help needed.
Achyuth Vaibhav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2015, 18:37   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achyuth Vaibhav View Post
Need Help:

I had accidentally subscribed to Actve Javed Akhtar. How to unsubscribe to that pack? Urgent help needed.
Call up Tata sky support, that would be your best bet.
mayankk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2015, 00:02   #600
BHPian

Tata Sky has been excellent for me ever since i started using it (2007 that is). Whenever i have raised a service request, it has been handled the very same day. Some times, i have even received calls from technicians as soon as i got off the call to the customer care!

Relocated my connection to the new house in 2014 and the technician fitted a new dish instead of relocating the old dish However, he had to relocate the old dish too after a couple of days since it was required for additional connection. Being a subscriber of annual mega pack does help in all sorts of service requests and the best part is that all services are FREE!

The only annoying part has been no service in rains but then that's the case with most of the companies. However, the no signal instance has reduced after the relocation. Don't know how.
amansanc is offline   Reply With Quote