Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


View Poll Results: Do you face any Problems with TATA Sky?
Yes 118 37.58%
No 196 62.42%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2009, 18:06   #121
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 449
Thanked: 6 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Guys any one subscribed to the new Cosmo Pack for movies?
It has WB,MGM,TCM and NDTV Lumière and is available for 45 bucks per month.
Please let me know your feedback. I am planning to opt for it.
If no one has subscribed to it then wait for my feedback.
I just got the annual mega pack . Will check these in the weekend and let you know. Now i have loads of movie channels but not enough time to watch them
Mission_Safari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 18:19   #122
BHPian
 
yzfrj's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: who cares
Posts: 778
Thanked: 118 Times
Default

Have you guys faced this problem ?

When you need to shift you connection, Tatasky charges Rs. 600 and that is for 15mts cable and the dish. (extra meter is Rs.100/-)
The dish/lnb which is already there is left there and so is the cable.

Tatasky customer care says "Sir, it will be taken care by our people"
The sad fact is its left there to rust.

I've heard they charge less (Rs. 300) if the dish is already there (to where you shift the connection)

I think its a sheer waste of money and a good dish is wasted in the process.
That too in a time where anything and everything is re-cycled.

I'm in the process of shifting my connection again.
Have some game plans in mind any valuable inputs/suggestions are welcome.
yzfrj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 20:31   #123
Senior - BHPian
 
StarScream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Noida/Delhi
Posts: 1,247
Thanked: 632 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Guys any one subscribed to the new Cosmo Pack for movies?
It has WB,MGM,TCM and NDTV Lumière and is available for 45 bucks per month.
Please let me know your feedback. I am planning to opt for it.
If no one has subscribed to it then wait for my feedback.
Yes, I have. My Annual Super Saver pack expired end of August so to avoid keeping track of numerous add-on packages I signed on for the Mega Pack and got Cosmo with it. From the little I've seen, WB is relatively new movies like HBO or Star Movies, MGM and TCM show classic, old English movies, NDTV Lumiere is like UTV World Movies (flicks from around the world in different languages). If you are a movie buff, you'll love it.
StarScream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2009, 21:29   #124
BHPian
 
sam_boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: OD10 -> KA-01
Posts: 219
Thanked: 142 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Have you guys faced this problem ?

When you need to shift you connection, Tatasky charges Rs. 600 and that is for 15mts cable and the dish. (extra meter is Rs.100/-)
The dish/lnb which is already there is left there and so is the cable.

Tatasky customer care says "Sir, it will be taken care by our people"
The sad fact is its left there to rust.

I've heard they charge less (Rs. 300) if the dish is already there (to where you shift the connection)

I think its a sheer waste of money and a good dish is wasted in the process.
That too in a time where anything and everything is re-cycled.

I'm in the process of shifting my connection again.
Have some game plans in mind any valuable inputs/suggestions are welcome.
I have shifted twice and always I have shifted my dish also .. But they have charged me 600 Rs each time .. Have they cheated me then ???
sam_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 16:28   #125
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sydney
Posts: 220
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yzfrj View Post
Have you guys faced this problem ?

When you need to shift you connection, Tatasky charges Rs. 600 and that is for 15mts cable and the dish. (extra meter is Rs.100/-)
....
I recently shifted and took the dish along with me. I was charged Rs.300 for re-installation. If I had given the dish back and asked them to instal another dish at the new location, they would have charged me Rs.1000. I have not seen the figure of Rs.600 anywhere.
travelwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2009, 22:45   #126
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,736
Thanked: 336 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mission_Safari View Post
I just got the annual mega pack . Will check these in the weekend and let you know. Now i have loads of movie channels but not enough time to watch them
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Yes, I have. My Annual Super Saver pack expired end of August so to avoid keeping track of numerous add-on packages I signed on for the Mega Pack and got Cosmo with it. From the little I've seen, WB is relatively new movies like HBO or Star Movies, MGM and TCM show classic, old English movies, NDTV Lumiere is like UTV World Movies (flicks from around the world in different languages). If you are a movie buff, you'll love it.
Thanks guys. Have subscribed to the yearly Cosmo pack
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2009, 17:20   #127
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 340
Thanked: 265 Times
Default

Haven't gone through the whole thread. Pardon if this is already addressed.

Has anyone had problems with their Remote controls.
I was on no. 3 and it stopped working again. 1st replacement was free. Will have to check what they say this time.

Fortunately I have 3 connections and we juggle the remote from other sets.

Anyone knows of a place in Mumbai where you can buy new remotes for Tata Sky?

Call to Tata Sky is unbearable. They start with .Sir.Please open the battery compartment lid and try changing the batteries. Then restart your digicomp, then TV etc etc.
As if I have not tried changing the battery when it stopped working :-)
riteshritesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2009, 10:56   #128
Distinguished - BHPian
 
sgiitk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Kanpur
Posts: 7,101
Thanked: 3,679 Times
Angry Sports Channels missing in the mornings?

I have been facing an odd situation for the past week or so in the early morning. The Sports channels excl. TenSports show up a 'No Signal' message. It seems to come back around 8:00am or a bit later. All other channels are normal.

Yesterday I found the same thing at midnight,except that I got a blue screen and frankly did not have the patience to wait for the message.

The morning thing I thought was due to some satellite outage somewhere in the chain, but midnight as well?

Any ideas, and have others also faced this problem.
sgiitk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 11:59   #129
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 865
Thanked: 35 Times
Default How to un-subscribe packages from Tata Sky?

Honestly, I don't see the link to do that on their site.
All they have is add packages.
zaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 12:01   #130
BHPian
 
anurag_p80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 313
Thanked: 7 Times
Default

To remove packages/ channels, you need to call their helpline. No other way is there, AFAIK.
anurag_p80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 12:05   #131
Team-BHP Support
 
mobike008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 10,617
Thanked: 7,726 Times
Default

Call their helpline and tell them to remove the channels you dont need. It will be done instantly.

But, these DTH operators so cunningly mix channels in package that you may need one channel badly that is part of a package where rest are crap. This makes you continue with their package even if you dont watch.

Strategic marketing at its best
mobike008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th May 2010, 12:11   #132
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

fed up with the expensive channel packages i switched to airtel DTH. @ 4050/- including installation , all english/hindi channels + 6 tamil, 6 punjabi for 12 months

I am happy , i feel the picture quality is much better in airtel but the UI was more user friendly in Tata sky.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 10:43   #133
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,130
Thanked: 84,941 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms001 View Post
I feel the picture quality is much better in airtel but the UI was more user friendly in Tata sky.
That is just so true! I love the friendly UI of Tata Sky. Plus, its the only DTH to offer the Discovery Turbo channel. Seals the deal for me
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 10:47   #134
BHPian
 
ms001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: bangalore
Posts: 917
Thanked: 60 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
That is just so true! I love the friendly UI of Tata Sky. Plus, its the only DTH to offer the Discovery Turbo channel. Seals the deal for me
I am missing discovery turbo so badly,but airtel have assured that they will be adding it very soon.
One more big plus for airtel is the universal remote, no longer fiddling with two remotes , it is just so convenient to have one remote for both the TV and STB.
ms001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 11:23   #135
Senior - BHPian
 
clevermax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tvm/Amsterdam
Posts: 1,573
Thanked: 363 Times
Default

Is TATA sky offering rDVR [remote Dig. Vid. Rec.] option yet? (Airtel offers it through mobile)

A web site with personalized login with DVR option straight into your STB at home would be a cool thing to have, like cable providers give in US.

Last edited by clevermax : 18th May 2010 at 11:24.
clevermax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Open Face vs. Full Face Helmets : How Safe are they? Rehaan Motorbikes 73 28th May 2015 15:13
Face to face with an angry tiger drkakkilaya Travelogues 49 22nd June 2012 18:46
Tata SKY / Dish / CAS what is your choice .... all south delhi BHPians whatcanthisbe Gadgets, Computers & Software 1 29th December 2006 10:31
How many of you face problems with electronics in your car? frankmehta Technical Stuff 15 15th April 2006 10:15


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 11:16.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks