Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2009, 10:34   #226
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Hi Guys
I have been quite happy with my E90 for more than 2 years now!!!
The only think that I feel lacking in my E90 was the push email. Like that of the Blackberry. So yesterday I activated the Blackberry service for my phone and after setting up my account on the vodafone website I have started receiving emails on my Communicator!!! ;-)))

Now the issue I face is the mails come in the messaging folder and which sadly is Text Only. I tried using ProfiMail but that does not work.
So I will like to ask are there any other users who are using the BB service on their communicator or are there any software available which I can use along with the BB service and see the mails in HTML!!!

Please help!!!

Last edited by harjeev : 15th October 2009 at 10:39.
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2009, 08:37   #227
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Hi Harjeev,

You should check blacberry settings and HTML option should be available I presume.

Nokia messaging service is similar to Blackberry and has HTML support and I am finding it more than satisfactory.

Indy
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2009, 08:21   #228
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Hi Harjeev,

You should check blacberry settings and HTML option should be available I presume.

Nokia messaging service is similar to Blackberry and has HTML support and I am finding it more than satisfactory.

Indy
Thanks for the reply Inder
I seem to try everything with the blackberry service but alll mails seem to work in text only!!! No option of HTML.
BTW I can't seem to activate the Nokia Messaging using GPRS. I am on Vodafone!!! It works great on WIFi, but simply refuses to work on GPRS. I have tried unstalling, rebooting the handset but nothing seems to work. When I change the settings to Vodafone Live (GPRS) the SYNC always fails but when I change it to WIFi its(sync) always successful!!!
What are you using for your Nokia Messaging
Thanks
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2009, 11:20   #229
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Delhi
Posts: 75
Thanked: 11 Times
Default

Hi Guys, I am looking for a E90 communicator these days!!! couldn't find it anywhere, please pm me if its available anywhere in Delhi or elsewhere and on pricing
911varun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 19:44   #230
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,004
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Any of you early adopters got your e90 replaced ? How is your internal screen, did you have any mic problems (call disturbance) ? does your battery cover creak ?
After paying so much for a phone this is highly unacceptable someone on mouthshut got a free replacement. Why is such a big company like nokia not proactive in things like this ?
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 20:11   #231
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Any of you early adopters got your e90 replaced ? How is your internal screen, did you have any mic problems (call disturbance) ? does your battery cover creak ?
After paying so much for a phone this is highly unacceptable someone on mouthshut got a free replacement. Why is such a big company like nokia not proactive in things like this ?
Hey cooldude,

Nokia service center are useless...I dropped my E90 and the front display went kaput. Went to them and they said they can't flash the phone to check whether it is a s/w issue. So I need to spend 11K to get the motherboard replaced from delhi which might take a month.

So, I dropped the idea of getting it repaired. Phone starts fine with nokia logo on outer side but then straight comes on inside. Outer display remains blank. I tried flashing it too but it failed.


Looking for a new E90, I missed out buying it on T-BHP Marketplace. Does anyone have a new or nearly new piece?? Please PM me.

My 9500 is in superb condition but I really am using E90 as it is now.


It's an awesome phone and I'm not finding a new one.

Last edited by inder_s1 : 30th October 2009 at 20:13.
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2009, 20:15   #232
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Thanks for the reply Inder
I seem to try everything with the blackberry service but alll mails seem to work in text only!!! No option of HTML.
BTW I can't seem to activate the Nokia Messaging using GPRS. I am on Vodafone!!! It works great on WIFi, but simply refuses to work on GPRS. I have tried unstalling, rebooting the handset but nothing seems to work. When I change the settings to Vodafone Live (GPRS) the SYNC always fails but when I change it to WIFi its(sync) always successful!!!
What are you using for your Nokia Messaging
Thanks
Harjeev,

I use WiFi too as GPRS is useless. It does work 40% of time but it's not good enough.

But at least with Nokia Messaging I can view messages in HTML format.

Indy
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 08:50   #233
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Harjeev,

I use WiFi too as GPRS is useless. It does work 40% of time but it's not good enough.

But at least with Nokia Messaging I can view messages in HTML format.

Indy
Thanks Indy
I have uninstalled the BB service for Nokia and the Nokia messaging from my E90. Was really a pain. With the BB service I used to get only text mails and with the Nokia Messaging it used to work only with wi-fi!!!
Will shift on to the BB 8520!!! Might buy it in the next week or two and then retire my 2 year E90 or maybe use both!!!
The only thiing that mighth I'll miss in the 8520 is no GPS and no 3G (though this has not started in India as yet)!!!
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2009, 16:34   #234
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Thanks Indy
I have uninstalled the BB service for Nokia and the Nokia messaging from my E90. Was really a pain. With the BB service I used to get only text mails and with the Nokia Messaging it used to work only with wi-fi!!!
Will shift on to the BB 8520!!! Might buy it in the next week or two and then retire my 2 year E90 or maybe use both!!!
The only thiing that mighth I'll miss in the 8520 is no GPS and no 3G (though this has not started in India as yet)!!!
Harjeev, 3G is already started in Mumbai (Isn't it?) ..waiting for it to come to Bangy.

GPS really works wonderfully on E90.. I enjoy it when on trips or simply while going to office with Nokia Maps 3.0. E90 is a superb phone in my opinion, from watch movies to office docs which is simply amazing.

In fact am using a software called Voicemode which is like MS Dictation.. it will take a while to perfect it, but 40% of the time...I am just speaking in microphone and the text is being typed automatically.

What I miss in other phones is the keypad for mails and text. All the best with BB. Have fun.

Lemme know if any E90 is available , I need a new piece asap
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 09:01   #235
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,004
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Inder are you using v1 of the e90 ? If yes cal up nokia care line or better eve email them and demand a free replacement for the substandard device they gave you. A lot of problems were fixed in v2
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2009, 15:49   #236
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Inder are you using v1 of the e90 ? If yes cal up nokia care line or better eve email them and demand a free replacement for the substandard device they gave you. A lot of problems were fixed in v2
Hey Buddy,

You are right. I have v1 where the keypad touches the screen to leave a nasty mark when closing the phone. Also, I'm unable to flash the phone to a newer firmware.

Lemme find a E90 v2 if available and see what can be done. Nokia care is useless. No WARRANTY NO RESPONSE from them.

Indy
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 13:40   #237
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Hi Inder,
My i've decided against buying the BB and sticking with the E90. The reason being that I have got the Nokia Mobile messaging to work with GPRS!!!

Further I have taken the 499 per month rental in which I get 500 MB of data usage free every month!!!

Nokia Mobile messaging (HRML mails) seems to work great with the Vodafone Mobile Connect and I can browse on my Laptop through bluetooth too!!!
Additionally I've just installed Opera Browser for Symbain and its amazingly fast!!!

The only thing that I miss is not having a facebook application for my Communicator . The Facebook application on the BB seems to be great!!! Any workaround for a Facebook application???

Tips /Suggestions, all are welcome!!!
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2009, 15:42   #238
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi Inder,
My i've decided against buying the BB and sticking with the E90. The reason being that I have got the Nokia Mobile messaging to work with GPRS!!!

Further I have taken the 499 per month rental in which I get 500 MB of data usage free every month!!!

Nokia Mobile messaging (HRML mails) seems to work great with the Vodafone Mobile Connect and I can browse on my Laptop through bluetooth too!!!
Additionally I've just installed Opera Browser for Symbain and its amazingly fast!!!

The only thing that I miss is not having a facebook application for my Communicator . The Facebook application on the BB seems to be great!!! Any workaround for a Facebook application???

Tips /Suggestions, all are welcome!!!
Harjeev,

Excellent Decision. E90 is indeed awesome. My next buy will only be N900. Getting BB 8520 from office for office mails.

Try this: Ovi Store: Facebook for Nokia

I am downloading it now. Using Nimbuzz to chat with facebook friends though.

Regards,
Indy

Last edited by inder_s1 : 20th November 2009 at 15:44.
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 18:03   #239
Senior - BHPian
 
cooldude1988765's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,004
Thanked: 104 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
My next buy will only be N900.
Wait for the n920. It is said to sport a capacitive touch scree (like the iphone) plus it wall have maemo 6 instead of 5. :aunch might me mid next year. Sadly no hardware qwerty keyboard though
cooldude1988765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2009, 19:26   #240
Senior - BHPian
 
harjeev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,896
Thanked: 256 Times
Default

Hi
I was using the Nokia Messaging email for the past couple of days without any fuss!!!
Now all of a sudden it stopped functioning
I am not able to reterive the emails from the gmail server.
Inder are you also facing any similar issues???
Cheers
harjeev is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Emoze push email on Nokia E90 vak Gadgets, Computers & Software 17 15th October 2009 10:39
The latest fashion from Nokia - new Nokia 8800 khanak Gadgets, Computers & Software 29 26th March 2008 00:56
nokia 7610 v/s nokia 6600 normally_crazy Shifting gears 2 21st August 2004 18:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 17:31.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks