Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd November 2009, 10:31   #241
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Wait for the n920. It is said to sport a capacitive touch scree (like the iphone) plus it wall have maemo 6 instead of 5. :aunch might me mid next year. Sadly no hardware qwerty keyboard though
Hi Cooldude,

I did hear about N920 with Maemo 6 but didnt know it was with capactive screen...that' awesome. But being a lover of keypad based comm for this long (I had almost all generations of Nokia communicators), I wonder if I can adjust to touch screen keypad

Quote:
Originally Posted by harjeev View Post
Hi
I was using the Nokia Messaging email for the past couple of days without any fuss!!!
Now all of a sudden it stopped functioning
I am not able to reterive the emails from the gmail server.
Inder are you also facing any similar issues???
Cheers
Harjeev,

It's been 3 months since I am using Nokia Messaging and not one issue till date. I have total 4 of my email addresses config and get all these without any issue, infact able to reply back with attachments/text with no issues too.

But I have observed Gmail servers are going down pretty frequently nowdays (Experienced it myself), so it might not be Nokia Msgng but server issue. I can't think of anything else which might cause this prob .

Indy
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 11:09   #242
BHPian
 
ricky_1605's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 316
Thanked: 42 Times
Default

Hey guys

I am getting my dad's E90, he shifted to BB Bold 9700 . The problem with E90 is that its LCD screen is not working properly, i can see a lot of flickering in it. The Nokia care told me they have to change the screen or the hinge, both are priced around 4k and i need to get the outer body replaced as the color is faded at some places.

Can anyone tell me if the price they are charging is right? How much does the outer body costs?
ricky_1605 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2011, 13:09   #243
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 651 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

My Nokia Communicator E 90 took a nice bath along with me in the rains at the Pench National Park on the evening of 16th April. Is dead since then.

The Nokia centre says that it can't be recovered. Changing the board is an expensive proposition ( according to them approx 9k) and also subject to availability.

What are the options available to me? Should I look at E 7?
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 14:49   #244
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
My Nokia Communicator E 90 took a nice bath along with me in the rains at the Pench National Park on the evening of 16th April. Is dead since then.

The Nokia centre says that it can't be recovered. Changing the board is an expensive proposition ( according to them approx 9k) and also subject to availability.

What are the options available to me? Should I look at E 7?
1. Did you take out the battery and try drying your phone by using a hair dryer?

My communicator was soaked in coorg rain when it fell off accidently at one point when we stopped. Reached home, realized it's missing. Me & my BIL went back 35kms in search and found it at the spot where we had stopped. It had been raining cats and dogs for the whole period and still it stood on the grass glowing as my wife was calling my number. Came home dried it for 2 days and viola , it was back to life.

2. A new LCD from eBay US is 1.5k when converted to INR and here in Bangalore a good panel costs 1.8k (Complete panel for E90)

3. E7 is an awesome phone, you won't regret buying it. If you have friends from US try getting it from there. Amazon.com throws some reat deals , but you need to login daily to check.

Ex: 4-5 days back it had E7 for $489 and next day onwards it changed to $549 .
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 15:45   #245
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 651 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

Pench was 37 C in the afternoon. Removed the battery, opened the pone and kept it in the car for three days to roast. Didn't work.

On return, gave it to Nokia service centre. After keeping it for three days, they threw their hands up.

Got the E 7. Now setting up. Has hung thrice since morning while configuring..

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
1. Did you take out the battery and try drying your phone by using a hair dryer?

My communicator was soaked in coorg rain when it fell off accidently at one point when we stopped. Reached home, realized it's missing. Me & my BIL went back 35kms in search and found it at the spot where we had stopped. It had been raining cats and dogs for the whole period and still it stood on the grass glowing as my wife was calling my number. Came home dried it for 2 days and viola , it was back to life.

2. A new LCD from eBay US is 1.5k when converted to INR and here in Bangalore a good panel costs 1.8k (Complete panel for E90)

3. E7 is an awesome phone, you won't regret buying it. If you have friends from US try getting it from there. Amazon.com throws some reat deals , but you need to login daily to check.

Ex: 4-5 days back it had E7 for $489 and next day onwards it changed to $549 .
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 21:27   #246
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Pench was 37 C in the afternoon. Removed the battery, opened the pone and kept it in the car for three days to roast. Didn't work.

On return, gave it to Nokia service centre. After keeping it for three days, they threw their hands up.

Got the E 7. Now setting up. Has hung thrice since morning while configuring..
Hey Man,

Sorry to hear about the freezing issue on E7. Well I have used it extensively and no freezing seen yet. Though this solution is not entirely related, have you upgraded to PR 1.2 Firmware update?

Also, what configuration are you working on ?

1. 3G
2. WiFi
3. Mail for Exchange
4. Microsoft Communicator
5. Office VPN etc..

Regarding E90, Try using Phoenix software to flash the dead E90. If you are still unable to revivie it , get a used or semi dead E90 from US which can get for 2-3K from Ebay US and then change the MB.

Last edited by inder_s1 : 8th May 2011 at 21:36.
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 23:00   #247
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 651 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

All possible device updates have been done through the latest Ovi suite. How do I check if the firmware has been updated or not?

I'm using the 3G & Wi-Fi. The last three that you mentioned, am not using them.

The E 90 is now history...


Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Hey Man,

Sorry to hear about the freezing issue on E7. Well I have used it extensively and no freezing seen yet. Though this solution is not entirely related, have you upgraded to PR 1.2 Firmware update?

Also, what configuration are you working on ?

1. 3G
2. WiFi
3. Mail for Exchange
4. Microsoft Communicator
5. Office VPN etc..

Regarding E90, Try using Phoenix software to flash the dead E90. If you are still unable to revivie it , get a used or semi dead E90 from US which can get for 2-3K from Ebay US and then change the MB.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2011, 23:54   #248
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
Regarding E90, Try using Phoenix software to flash the dead E90. If you are still unable to revivie it , get a used or semi dead E90 from US which can get for 2-3K from Ebay US and then change the MB.
Do you really get an used E-90 for 2-3K in the US ? I would love to have one at that price.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 00:11   #249
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
All possible device updates have been done through the latest Ovi suite. How do I check if the firmware has been updated or not?

I'm using the 3G & Wi-Fi. The last three that you mentioned, am not using them.

The E 90 is now history...
You can check the Firmware update by using this code *#0000# and then checking against Nokia website or Google.

Backup your data and Try Hard Reset or Restore factory settings to see if freezing is resolved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
Do you really get an used E-90 for 2-3K in the US ? I would love to have one at that price.
One of my friend had an issue with his E90. He checked out ebay US and got one of these for 3k to replace a display cable and some other stuff.
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 00:17   #250
Senior - BHPian
 
esteem_lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Madras/Py
Posts: 7,554
Thanked: 433 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post
One of my friend had an issue with his E90. He checked out ebay US and got one of these for 3k to replace a display cable and some other stuff.
I am sure you are talking about a dead phone. The least price I saw for a working handset is $339.
esteem_lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 06:43   #251
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
I am sure you are talking about a dead phone. The least price I saw for a working handset is $339.
Will check if if he got it in Bidding or sale. One of my friend who is a mobile retailer was selling used one for 8k here and dead E90 for 1.8k.

I'm sure we can get it for less outside.
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 10:44   #252
Senior - BHPian
 
_raVan_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Pune
Posts: 1,063
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
My Nokia Communicator E 90 took a nice bath along with me in the rains at the Pench National Park on the evening of 16th April. Is dead since then.

The Nokia centre says that it can't be recovered. Changing the board is an expensive proposition ( according to them approx 9k) and also subject to availability.

What are the options available to me? Should I look at E 7?
If you wish to stick to Nokia, look at E7. Else, I would highly recommend switching to Android in which the Samsung Galaxy II, HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire Z (which has a QWERTY keyboard) really shines.
_raVan_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 10:54   #253
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 651 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

Did all of that and updated all the device software as determined by the Ovi suite.

Has not frozen since last evening..

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post

You can check the Firmware update by using this code *#0000# and then checking against Nokia website or Google.

Backup your data and Try Hard Reset or Restore factory settings to see if freezing is resolved.
@Ra 1: The E 7 has already been purchased and in use... Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
If you wish to stick to Nokia, look at E7. Else, I would highly recommend switching to Android in which the Samsung Galaxy II, HTC Desire HD and HTC Desire Z (which has a QWERTY keyboard) really shines.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th May 2011, 23:09   #254
BHPian
 
inder_s1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 238
Thanked: 36 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

[quote=gd1418;2343383]Did all of that and updated all the device software as determined by the Ovi suite.

Has not frozen since last evening..


Good to know that there is no freezing . One of the team bhpian has posted all Nokia codes for hard and soft reset, checking firmware etc. in Mobile discussion thread. Keep that info with you as it will be very useful.
inder_s1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2011, 12:17   #255
Senior - BHPian
 
gd1418's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 3,578
Thanked: 651 Times
Default Re: Nokia E90 FAQ's and Report.

Can you please provide the link to that thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder_s1 View Post

One of the team bhpian has posted all Nokia codes for hard and soft reset, checking firmware etc. in Mobile discussion thread. Keep that info with you as it will be very useful.
gd1418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Emoze push email on Nokia E90 vak Gadgets, Computers & Software 17 15th October 2009 10:39
The latest fashion from Nokia - new Nokia 8800 khanak Gadgets, Computers & Software 29 26th March 2008 00:56
nokia 7610 v/s nokia 6600 normally_crazy Shifting gears 2 21st August 2004 18:19


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 19:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks