Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2010, 16:26   #151
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,175
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

With 160 gb in ipod classic and hardly 1600 songs in my ipod (lots more in my pc), I put the songs in wav format only on my ipod. Even then, so far only 60gb filled up. More is pointless since of those 1600, I listen to only 300-400 songs on a frequent basis.

One question: does rockbox (flac in ipod classic) work for ipod 160 gb. Rockbox has not confirmed it but has anyone else used it.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th January 2010, 12:05   #152
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 46,557
Thanked: 80,327 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasudeva View Post
This is a bit OT, but my query about sound quality has still not been answered. Let me put it this way:
At the time of my transferring the entire music collection (100s of CDs) to my iPod, I consulted with Navin & Sam. Their advice:

1. V IMP CDs = Apple lossless encoder.

2. Less important CDs = AAC @ 320 kbps.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th January 2010, 14:50   #153
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,023
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

could anyone suggest me about the HCL Ipod 3 in 1 car charger + Fm transmitter + holder, does the Holder can be fixed in the car?
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 07:54   #154
Senior - BHPian
 
arjunrudra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 1,515
Thanked: 13 Times
Default

Guys i need some suggestions.
I am a total music buff and have around 212 gb of music . I want an ipod where in i can store all my song collections. I know the classic has got a 160 gb hard diak , but it has been quite some time till the the last classic has come out and would like to know if a new classic with a higher capacity is coming out in the near future ?
Please help me out guys.
arjunrudra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 09:53   #155
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lucknow/Gurgaon
Posts: 1,023
Thanked: 91 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Guys i need some suggestions.
I am a total music buff and have around 212 gb of music . I want an ipod where in i can store all my song collections. I know the classic has got a 160 gb hard diak , but it has been quite some time till the the last classic has come out and would like to know if a new classic with a higher capacity is coming out in the near future ?
Please help me out guys.
Apple - iPod - Compare iPod models and find the right one for you.

you can refer this link, IPOD in india is launched with maximum capacity as 160 GB Classic only
ruchirtnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 11:22   #156
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,231
Thanked: 3,642 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
At the time of my transferring the entire music collection (100s of CDs) to my iPod, I consulted with Navin & Sam. Their advice:

1. V IMP CDs = Apple lossless encoder.

2. Less important CDs = AAC @ 320 kbps.
Apple Lossless is not bad at all. I still prefer WavPack or FLAC but the headache of doing this (using EAC etc..) for most people outweighs the slight benefit.

For MP3s I prefer extreme VBR (my average bit rate comes to about 230kbps). LAME has a APE algorithm which is pretty good. Again the headache of EAC+LAME often outweighs the slight advantage they offer (mostly less disk space used) over Apple 320k.

On the ICE forum we have a lessless encoder thread that covers all this in detail. Even more detail can be found on specialist forums like hydrogenaudio.org.
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2010, 12:59   #157
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,175
Thanked: 128 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
At the time of my transferring the entire music collection (100s of CDs) to my iPod, I consulted with Navin & Sam. Their advice:

1. V IMP CDs = Apple lossless encoder.

2. Less important CDs = AAC @ 320 kbps.
All physical copies of CDs with me are already in WAV (eac) on pc. Downloads are in flac.

On IPOD considering what I listen, 160 gb is highly sufficient for putting in wav on ipod.
vasudeva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2010, 15:41   #158
Senior - BHPian
 
sammyboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Gurgaon/Doon
Posts: 1,711
Thanked: 290 Times
Default

Guys any reviews of the iPod touch 4G? From what I have read, its pretty good for HD video recording and has the same processor that drives the iPad.

Anyone tried it yet?
sammyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 20:00   #159
BHPian
 
rsjaurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Batala
Posts: 775
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: New iPods Released

Cant find any other suitable thread so posting.

I have a old Ipod classic 160GB and I want to change its HDD with one of these.

Now the question is can I buy just any HDD (of course 6th gen. only) or this 6th gen ipod classic accept different types of HDD for different ipods?
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 21:38   #160
BHPian
 
devilwearsprada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: GoonGaon
Posts: 418
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: New iPods Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
Cant find any other suitable thread so posting.

I have a old Ipod classic 160GB and I want to change its HDD with one of these.

Now the question is can I buy just any HDD (of course 6th gen. only) or this 6th gen ipod classic accept different types of HDD for different ipods?
I dont understand the query. In case you have an iPod Classic(160 GB), any HDD will work with it if it is certified for the 6th gen. You just need a reliable guy.
devilwearsprada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 21:41   #161
BHPian
 
rsjaurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Batala
Posts: 775
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: New iPods Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
I dont understand the query. In case you have an iPod Classic(160 GB), any HDD will work with it if it is certified for the 6th gen. You just need a reliable guy.
So you mean anyone of those in the link I provided will work if seller is reliable?
I wanted to ask coz I read in some forum few days ago that not any drive will work in ipod classic.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 21:48   #162
BHPian
 
devilwearsprada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: GoonGaon
Posts: 418
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: New iPods Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
So you mean anyone of those in the link I provided will work if seller is reliable?
I wanted to ask coz I read in some forum few days ago that not any drive will work in ipod classic.
I was referring to a reliable mechanic for it. AFAIK, A toshiba mk1626gcb will work pretty fine. Dont worry!

Could you give a link of the post you were referring too?
devilwearsprada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 21:54   #163
BHPian
 
rsjaurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Batala
Posts: 775
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: New iPods Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilwearsprada View Post
I was referring to a reliable mechanic for it. AFAIK, A toshiba mk1626gcb will work pretty fine. Dont worry!

Could you give a link of the post you were referring too?
The link from where I would source HDD is this.

And that reliable mechanic will be me.
I would open up the ipod and put HDD in, no problem.
I have seen youtube videos how to do it.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2013, 22:11   #164
BHPian
 
devilwearsprada's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: GoonGaon
Posts: 418
Thanked: 601 Times
Default Re: New iPods Released

Oh, DIY great!

Check this source too :
http://www.idemigods.com/iPod_Classi..._mk1634gal.htm
devilwearsprada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2013, 18:38   #165
BHPian
 
rsjaurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Batala
Posts: 775
Thanked: 27 Times
Default Re: New iPods Released

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsjaurr View Post
The link from where I would source HDD is this.

And that reliable mechanic will be me.
I would open up the ipod and put HDD in, no problem.
I have seen youtube videos how to do it.
I opened my ipod today and it has Toshiba MK1634GAL hard drive and not other drive which I was hoping for.So I guess I saved around $50-60 and lot of hassle.
rsjaurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows XP SP3 Rc version released. EDIT : Full Version now released. JPL Gadgets, Computers & Software 40 27th January 2012 17:02
New Tata Safari Dicor 2.2L released! Samurai The Indian Car Scene 155 7th October 2007 00:56
New cars to be released in 2007 --->> darshan_ms The Indian Car Scene 18 9th January 2007 17:43
New BMW 1 series pics released ajmat The International Automotive Scene 1 23rd March 2004 20:05


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 15:50.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks