Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2007, 23:45   #31
Team-BHP Support
 
navin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: mumbai
Posts: 22,233
Thanked: 3,642 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post
I picked up the Bryston Pre from the USED market.
I picked up the Denon from the USED market.
I picked up the Pulz from the USED market.-- Torqy
Bryston and Denon I can understand but Pulz?
navin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 11:18   #32
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 938
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Bryston and Denon I can understand but Pulz?
I had never heard of Pulz then. When i went to buy the power amp, i got to compare the Pulz with other imported brands. He had a massive setup with Kenwood separates. He connected the Pulz to the setup and it was amazing. I really liked its balanced sound. I'm somebody who doesn't like Bass / Treble controls. I like music the way it was recorded / mixed.

Pulz RS250 Power Amp is a Dual Mono configuration with separate toroidal power supplies for each channel (a true dual mono) with nothing but a power button and 2 volume controls. I really like it.


-- Torqy
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 11:28   #33
BHPian
 
w 12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: bangalore
Posts: 402
Thanked: 25 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Consonace is made by Ella.
Is the Opera - Consonance series made in China same / similar or is Ella a totally different product ?
w 12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2007, 22:11   #34
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: goa
Posts: 979
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Bryston and Denon I can understand but Pulz?
I remember an audiophile friend in the 80's-90's had a Pulz amplifier, his set-up had a Nakamichi cassette, and Klipsch speakers. I understood it to be seriously good as an amp, and made in India if I remember rightly.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2007, 09:41   #35
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 938
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I remember an audiophile friend in the 80's-90's had a Pulz amplifier, his set-up had a Nakamichi cassette, and Klipsch speakers. I understood it to be seriously good as an amp, and made in India if I remember rightly.
You're right. PULZ is a seriously audiophile quality no-nonsense amp. It's even used in recording studios. It's made by R&S Electronics in Mumbai, India. Unlike most other indian made ampz, it's 19 inch rack size and looks beautiful.

R & S Electronics

I'm not sure they still manufacture the RS250 though.

-- Torqy
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 11:37   #36
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 172
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

how much does the pulz amp cost the rs-600?
I can buy Wharfedale bookshelf speakers, good combo ?
Blue_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2007, 13:42   #37
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Delhi
Posts: 468
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

TOdays TOI carries an advert where a Onkyo 6.1 HT system is being offered at a good discount. You can check it out.

ELito
Elito11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2007, 11:59   #38
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: goa
Posts: 979
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
how much does the pulz amp cost the rs-600?
I can buy Wharfedale bookshelf speakers, good combo ?
Don't think Pulz amps for home use are made any more. I have Wharfedale Pro 2180 2-way bs speakers. Very good sound.
However I have just bought, for my den, the Yamaha RX397 stereo receiver with Yamaha NS8900 floorstanding speakers. Outstanding sound.

BTW what is a good placement for floorstanders? Mine are in the corners, about 6in from the back and sides, and I find the boom at times is too much.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 14:48   #39
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 74
Thanked: Once
Default

PULZ still makes amps for home stereo. I bought one some time ago for about 9k. Its paired with wharfedale diomand 9.1 bookshelfs and it sounds good.
gmano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 16:05   #40
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 938
Thanked: 161 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmano View Post
PULZ still makes amps for home stereo. I bought one some time ago for about 9k. Its paired with wharfedale diomand 9.1 bookshelfs and it sounds good.
When did you buy it?
From where?
Which model did you buy? RS250?

-- Torqy

Last edited by Torqy : 15th November 2007 at 16:06. Reason: added
Torqy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 17:10   #41
BHPian
 
Flying Bong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 271
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
BTW what is a good placement for floorstanders? Mine are in the corners, about 6in from the back and sides, and I find the boom at times is too much.
I think you should move the speakers further into the room if space permits. I myself have medium-sized bookshelf speakers in a 13'X24' room, kept about 2.5-3 feet away from side and rear walls. I guess the best thing would be trial and error - to keep moving the speakers away from the walls till boominess is reduced/eliminated.

Based on what I've read and in part, experienced, placing speakers closer to the corners/rear wall reinforces bass and leads to boominess, more so with floorstanders.

How big is your listening room? I once heard a a pair of 2-way Cadence floorstanders in a 14' X 18' room, placed 3 feet from the sides and 1.5 feet from the rear, and they were still boomy at moderate to loud levels.

Here is an online guide (may not always be practical to implement though ) to speaker placement on the Cardas Audio website:

Cardas Audio
Flying Bong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th November 2007, 19:15   #42
BHPian
 
Vino_David's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 84
Thanked: Once
Default

Does anybody know how much Cambridge Audio - Azur 540A (Version 2) Amplifier cost ? is Cambridge really good amplifiers, pls suggest, thanx.
Vino_David is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 08:36   #43
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 172
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
Don't think Pulz amps for home use are made any more. I have Wharfedale Pro 2180 2-way bs speakers. Very good sound.
However I have just bought, for my den, the Yamaha RX397 stereo receiver with Yamaha NS8900 floorstanding speakers. Outstanding sound.

BTW what is a good placement for floorstanders? Mine are in the corners, about 6in from the back and sides, and I find the boom at times is too much.
How much did you spend on the Yam receiver? Its a entry level reciever right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmano View Post
PULZ still makes amps for home stereo. I bought one some time ago for about 9k. Its paired with wharfedale diomand 9.1 bookshelfs and it sounds good.
Could you tell us how much you spent?
Blue_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 14:30   #44
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: goa
Posts: 979
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_V View Post
How much did you spend on the Yam receiver? Its a entry level reciever right?
The Yamaha is a stereo receiver, not HT. I think it's the only stereo receiver in the Yamaha catalogue. Receiver alone was 16k, and the speakers 18k but I got a combined price of 30 k with warranty
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2007, 16:08   #45
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 172
Thanked: 67 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
The Yamaha is a stereo receiver, not HT. I think it's the only stereo receiver in the Yamaha catalogue. Receiver alone was 16k, and the speakers 18k but I got a combined price of 30 k with warranty
16k is great! Does it have A/B, A+B speaker switching?
Blue_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
car stereo cassette player -any option to add mp3 player to the system deepclutch In-Car Entertainment 10 26th October 2010 19:59
stereo system for GETZ CRDi gsbhatia In-Car Entertainment 15 27th October 2008 13:38
Stereo system for Maruti 800 vincentt In-Car Entertainment 3 21st July 2008 17:22
Bose Wave Music System - is it any good? ntomer Gadgets, Computers & Software 27 16th March 2007 16:29
Need help on good music system for elantra super_700a In-Car Entertainment 3 17th June 2006 10:40


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 16:06.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks