Go Back   Team-BHP > Around the Corner > Shifting gears > Gadgets, Computers & Software

Old 30th October 2007, 11:37   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hydrashok View Post
I picked up both Shures from India itself, with B&W. The official importer is based in Mumbai.
Can you share contact details?
sids911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 12:49   #17
BHPian

Quote:
1. Shure SE110
2. Ultimate Ears Super.fi 3
3. Etymotic ER6i
4. Sennheiser CX-300
5. Bose Triport IE
Out of these you may directly cut off the Bose please. Sound seems out of control and not worth the price
I have a CX-300, its worth in its cheaper form ep-630 from creative. If you like the sound signature, get that
The Ety is more suitable for analytical listening and will lack bass compared to others.
Between the other two I'd prefer the UE.

I currently use CX-300 for daily use and a V-moda Vibes occasionally. If you are willing to order from Singapore try getting a Mylarone X3 or XB (if you like the bass a bit more).
The most bang for buck IEM I have heard. The seller is available at
Jaben Network
He is very cooperative (met him personally a couple of times) and has shipped to India before.

If you are on a budget (<5k) and want absolute bass I still have to come across a better one than Beyer DTX-50! Pure and deep bass, though the mids and high are a bit compromised coz of this.
Sks_Biker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 13:59   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sids911 View Post
Can you share contact details?
Shure, no problem

Indian Reps
:
SUN INFONET
3/31, 3rd Floor
West Patel Nagar
New Delhi, India 110 008
Phone: [91] 11 25889248
Fax: [91] 11 25889252
Email: info@sungroup.net

Find the dealer nearest to you here:
Shure - India

Last edited by hydrashok : 30th October 2007 at 14:00.
hydrashok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2007, 15:17   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sks_Biker View Post
I currently use CX-300 for daily use and a V-moda Vibes occasionally.
How are the V-Moda Vibes when compared to CX-300? The prices seem less and reviews quite positive!

Btw, thanks for Jaben Networks link. They seem to ship internationally for free!
Old 30th October 2007, 18:29   #20
BHPian

The Vibes are better than the CX-300. The bass is more controlled but present and the mids and high are better too. Overall a better buy compared to CX-300. But according to what I've heard.. err read, the JBL 220 reference is not far behind.

And yeah Jaben is a really nice store to deal. Try to contact Wilson, really helpful guy with a lot of emphasis on customer happiness than business.

I'll prolly go there again for a Livewires custom earphones
Old 1st November 2007, 00:39   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sks_Biker View Post
I'll prolly go there again for a Livewires custom earphones
What are these? U mean they have a audiologist and take your ear samples and all??

Btw, I am inclining towards V-Moda Vibes. Heard a lot good about them and they seem value for money.
But...they have traditional Dynamic drivers, not Armatures which newest ones flaunt. Does it matter? Hows the breaking in?(Never thot I would ask about earplugs breaking-in in a automotive forum)

Ciao! Happy Halloween!
Old 1st November 2007, 08:45   #22
BHPian

No need to go to audiologist if you go to Jaben. He will take the impression. The Livewires are dual armature IEMs, best bang for buck in customs.

Where are you getting V-modas from? I ordered it directly from their website and they shipped it to Malaysia for me. Pretty decent customer service.

If you are getting it from the US/elsewhere, why not try to up your budget a lil bit and get Futuresonic Atrio M5? Other than the not so traditional design its said to be v good. I will be ordering it soon

Yeah the dynamic drivers of the V-moda do need some break in and it seems to help a bit in getting a more controlled sound signature. I just ran pink noise and some songs (with silence in between) for few days. Good enough for me
Old 7th December 2007, 16:48   #23
BHPian

How good is creative EP 630.I would like to go in for a "budget" but good earphones in the range of EP 630 (~Rs 1200). Does it have any contenders or its the sole choice? I prefer good bass and mid should be decent as well.
redrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2007, 19:08   #24
BHPian

I have Etymotic ER4, which for over a decade was the only in ear monitor around, and today is still one of the best, if not the best. You could say that the segment was invented by Etymotic.

At the lower price level, the ER6 or ER6i are difficult to beat. A friend of mine got the E2C and said he couldn't imagine how it could get any better than that, then he used my ER4 and decided to try the ER6i. As soon as he got them, he sold the Shure.
Harbir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 14:43   #25
BHPian

Default Re: Best In-Ear Monitors under $100

This is very old thread. But I have same question. Can anyone recommend In-Ear type headphone for price under Rs 5000? I think many of the models discussed in earlier posts are bit old and may be phased out.

I am looking for something available in India. I mostly listen to English Rock/Pop.
radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 20:29   #26
Senior - BHPian

^ Some reading material for you A Compendium of Audio Zone Reviews and Rankings: IEMs, Headphones & Sources
bottle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th March 2011, 21:11   #27
BHPian

I wouldn't categories something like a creative ep 630 as an in-ear monitor. You got to have multiple drivers for it to be considered an IEM.
I am not much of an audiophile but my friend has a pair of Ultimate Ears Triple.Fi Pro and he swears by it. The best 'sound' investment he has made, he says.
akhilesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2011, 16:35   #28
Team-BHP Support

Alright, so I have a pair of Sennheiser Earphones, that clip onto your ears. They are not 'in-ear' phones, and I like it like that. I've been using these for a few years now, and it has seen a lot of abuse.

Name:  150013_sennheiser_omx_60_vc_street_ii.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  10.0 KB

Now I'd like to replace it with something.

I want something similar. Not interested in bass at all. I want clarity. In-ear-phones seem to deliver much too much bass. I listen to prog-rock and classic-rock, and I enjoy listening to every instrument. The bass in the in-earphones generally cancel out the drums completely as all you hear is boom-boom-boom.

Now, ideally, I'd like to get myself one of these.

Name:  o_bo3.jpg
Views: 1108
Size:  106.1 KB

Bang & Olufsen A8.

However, they cost a bomb here in India. Could anybody tell me where I could get it for for a lesser price? Also, what else could you'll recommend?

My budget is around 5000.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2011, 06:10   #29
Senior - BHPian

try your query here -

Audio Zone

lot of options.
govigov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 10:50   #30
Senior - BHPian

I recntly saw an online offer for a great IE headphone, Klipsch Image S4i for Rs 654. This is rated as one of the best headphones for iphone/ipod. This nomally sells at about Rs4500, or approximately $99. Looks like a great deal. I am ordering one today. Hope I get a genuine one

http://www.lootitnow.com/klipsch-hea...age-s4i-black-

Last edited by vasoo : 13th February 2012 at 10:52.
vasoo is offline   Reply With Quote